Fulmer new AD at UT

AlaskanFAN

Fulmer gets a 2 year deal as UT’s new AD and starts looking for a new football HC.  They are live on SEC network right now. Chancellor B. Davenport was given Fulmer a love fest introduction. 

It will be interesting to see how the folks in West Alabama take this move.

It will also be interesting to see of the previous AD sues or gets paid, as it doesn't get more obvious that he was pushed aside to make room.

The real question - who does Fulmer get to be coach - I bet he already had his pick in mind...

23 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

The real question - who does Fulmer get to be coach - I bet he already had his pick in mind...

Honestly, based on everything that has been said and done, it really sounds like they were setting this whole thing up to bring in Fulmer and hire Tee Martin. We'll see.

It makes me glad that Auburn doesn't have a former coach that the money people like (other than Dye, who's too old, thank God), or the same basic thing would have probably happened at Auburn when Jay was fired.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Honestly, based on everything that has been said and done, it really sounds like they were setting this whole thing up to bring in Fulmer and hire Tee Martin. We'll see.

It makes me glad that Auburn doesn't have a former coach that the money people like (other than Dye, who's too old, thank God), or the same basic thing would have probably happened at Auburn when Jay was fired.

Wish I was an artist....I can visualize Phil as the puppet master and Tee Martin connected to the strings.   Phil finally getting a chance to coach again and prove UT was wrong for firing him...

17 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Wish I was an artist....I can visualize Phil as the puppet master and Tee Martin connected to the strings.   Phil finally getting a chance to coach again and prove UT was wrong for firing him...

yep

Wasn't THAT long ago that the biggest football coaches were also the AD's.  Hmmmmmm...

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well.....that's interesting. The TN saga just keeps on getting more entertaining by the day.

The back story on Fulmer is unbelievable if true...sabotaged the hiring process to get his way.  I wasn't ever much of a fan, but he is worse than despicable if this turns out to be accurate.  Talk about loving something to death...UT on life support and Fat Phil wants to be surgeon and organ donor?

Since my East Tennessee kin posted this, I don't guess it's too offensive.  Hey, he does have "GREAT SKILLS."  Just watch your steak.

94Z WNFZ--November 29

"Sources say that today at 1 pm in the Stokley Family Media Center at Neyland Stadium, Currie will announce Coach Uncle Rico as the next head coach of the Vols! He has strengths in coaching up young quarterbacks to throw the ball over the mountain like he used to do in high school. He will bring a new type of salesmanship to the recruiting trail with his in-home visiting style. And there's plenty of room in the budget for his assistants as we're only paying him $18,500 a year, a lease on a Dodge conversion van, and a year supply of Omaha Steaks (and Currie had to buy a 36 piece set).
WELCOME COACH UNCLE RICO!!!"
                                                                                                                                                                                                 -Stryker
Image may contain: 1 person

2 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

The back story on Fulmer is unbelievable if true...sabotaged the hiring process to get his way.  I wasn't ever much of a fan, but he is worse than despicable if this turns out to be accurate.  Talk about loving something to death...UT on life support and Fat Phil wants to be surgeon and organ donor?

I don't understand how a fired coach still has that kind of power since he obviously didn't have enough support to keep his job.....

6 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Fulmer is Frank Underwood. I'll bet he was the one who suggested that Currie hire Schiano in the first place. It's all happening...

Closet gay? Sounds about right

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I don't understand how a fired coach still has that kind of power since he obviously didn't have enough support to keep his job.....

Coincidently, Curry was the one who pushed to fire him. Phil waited and waited for the right time. He still had some relevance, especially since UT hasn't had near the success currently that they had with him at the helm.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Coincidently, Curry was the one who pushed to fire him. Phil waited and waited for the right time. He still had some relevance, especially since UT hasn't had near the success currently that they had with him at the helm.

I wondered if Peyton Manning is the wizard behind the curtain giving ol' Phil the push. 

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I wondered if Peyton Manning is the wizard behind the curtain giving ol' Phil the push. 

I don't know. Apparently, there are a few boosters behind the scenes who have always liked Phil. Also, if the UT insiders are correct, Manning was instrumental in the push for Greg Schiano, Curry's first initial option. Also, someone Phil is rumored to not have wanted. Phil also didn't want Leach. Of course, all of this is rumors and unable to be substantiated. 

I live on a hill in Huntsville, and when I look northeast I can see a faint orange glow on the horizon that isn't getting any dimmer.  

Probably going to be there for a few years if i if I had to guess.  

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I don't know. Apparently, there are a few boosters behind the scenes who have always liked Phil. Also, if the UT insiders are correct, Manning was instrumental in the push for Greg Schiano, Curry's first initial option. Also, someone Phil is rumored to not have wanted. Phil also didn't want Leach. Of course, all of this is rumors and unable to be substantiated. 

That makes no sense to me at all.  I don't see how Fulmer can have more support than Peyton Manning at TN. What a bunch of dysfunction and craziness.

BTW....as much as I love Mike Leach.....his personality and style would probably not be a good fit in conservative TN. He belongs in the PAC 12.....IMHO.  Fulmer is probably right about that at least.

17 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That makes no sense to me at all.  I don't see how Fulmer can have more support than Peyton Manning at TN. What a bunch of dysfunction and craziness.

BTW....as much as I love Mike Leach.....his personality and style would probably not be a good fit in conservative TN. He belongs in the PAC 12.....IMHO.  Fulmer is probably right about that at least.

I agree his air raid will get old will quick, as well as his wacky personality. I can't see his style adapting in the SEC at all. To be fair, PM did get his way. They signed off on GS, but we saw the reaction of the fanbase on that one. The kicker is insiders have been saying post that original extension, coaches have said no to Curry left and right and they attribute that to Fulmer working behind the scenes sabotaging the search by discreetly encouraging these coaches to not come (Sounds super far-fetched). However,  it has been said that Fulmer has been trying to vie for the AD position and coincidentally he went from super advisor, now to acting AD.

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I live on a hill in Huntsville, and when I look northeast I can see a faint orange glow on the horizon that isn't getting any dimmer.  

Probably going to be there for a few years if i if I had to guess.  

I think that’s just pollution. 

Archived