A Few Notes From Inside the Stadium Today

AubieAH3

So today was basically the best day of my life.

I was able to go on a VIP tour of Mercedes Benz stadium, go to both team locker rooms, go to the media viewing windows for both Auburn and Georgia, and see all the behind the scenes production stuff! We also got to meet Marcus Spears, Steve Shaw, and the president of the Atlanta Falcons. All thanks to my awesome brother, Jake.

Anyway, I thought I could come share what I saw. Kerryon came over and got Jake from the sideline to come out on the field with him. He took pictures and talked with Jake for a good 5 minutes. He was walking around, laughing, and seemed in good spirits. His left arm did look a little stiff, but I might be over-analyzing bc I'm so worried/paranoid. Jake told him he wants him to score 16 TDs tomorrow and Kerryon laughed and said "Man, that's a lot!" I did see him sort of stretching both arms out and up, so he definitely has movement. Then Kerryon went and got Jarrett Stidham and he came over and talked with Jake too. Jake told him "I saw you kiss your girlfriend after the Iron Bowl" and Jarrett laughed. They didn't really do anything during the media viewing window except walk around the field and chat. The guys seemed very cool, confident, and relaxed. 

Gus specifically asked to see Jake and Jake was the first person he greeted on the field, which was SO cool. Gus has this swagger now that just seems different. He didn't even seem nervous. Just calm, collected, and focused.

Okay, now the part y'all are gonna LOVE. So a guy that works with Georgia football graduated from Jake's high school. He comes over during the Georgia viewing period and grabs Jake from the sidelines. Then, proceeds to take Jake out to meet Nick Chubb and Kirby Smart. Kirby told Jake he was wearing the wrong shirt (AU shirt) and Jake says "No sir. I'm sorry, but Auburn is going to win." ??? THEN Jake says "So what do you plan on doing about Kerryon Johnson? You know, he's really fast."  Y'all, I was doing everything I could not to die laughing. To Kirby Smart's credit, he took it completely in stride. He just laughed and said "Yeah, he's good." He was really nice to Jake and talked to him a very long time.

Maybe it's my orange and blue glasses, but the Georgia players seemed more tense than our players. The tone was noticeably more somber. 

If you've read this far, you're a trooper. Sorry for the novel, but I'm so excited I might not be able to sleep lol. I just had to share. I attached some of the pictures in case you are interested!

IMG_4141.JPG

IMG_4136.JPG

IMG_4125.JPG

IMG_4131.JPG

IMG_4132.JPG

IMG_4135.JPG

IMG_4134.JPG

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4143.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the video of him meeting everyone on Twitter and thought of you, but I couldn’t remember your user name...SO glad you posted!!! 

Jake asking Smart about KJ about kills me - LOL!!!!!! 

And thank you for analyzing KJ. I’m just as paranoid as you and in the Jake video I saw, i was like “why does kJ look like he had weird movement on the left side?!” 

I am excited y’all got to experience that. KJ and Stidham just seem so genuine. 

WDE! 

Heck yeah bud, War Eagle to you and your family. That's an awesome experience to share, thank you :hellyeah:

Suh-WEET!  Thank you for sharing that story and pics.

Jake is Tha' MAN and you obviously have a great family.

War Eagle and God bless!

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Jake has already had a "championship" week.  Great story and warms my heart.  

You are so right! He's had a championship year!!! This is definitely the best senior year of all time.

As a side note, Jake is playing in the Unified Football State Championship game for Vestavia next Wednesday  in Bryant Denny Stadium. This is a special football league where students with disabilities team up with typical peers and play. Last year, Jake's team came in second and the game was played in the Auburn practice facility. This year, we are hoping both Jake and Auburn win a championship!!!

11 minutes ago, AubieAH3 said:

You are so right! He's had a championship year!!! This is definitely the best senior year of all time.

As a side note, Jake is playing in the Unified Football State Championship game for Vestavia next Wednesday  in Bryant Denny Stadium. This is a special football league where students with disabilities team up with typical peers and play. Last year, Jake's team came in second and the game was played in the Auburn practice facility. This year, we are hoping both Jake and Auburn win a championship!!!

That is so awesome.  Best of luck to him and his team.  

I’m a step-father to a special needs child.  There are no words to explain the love they have for little things we over look.  God bless you for who you are!!

Archived