The Trenches

WarEagle1982

Today is going to be about what goes on up front.  I went back to the first game and just watched the fronts on both sides.  Our DL was SOOOOOOO dominant in that game.  I just don’t see that changing and you know CRG is going to have that bunch ready to dominate again.  Also, the OL was very dominant in the last game and got incredible push while playing a little short handed.  Folks, it may not matter who plays RB although I believe Kerryon plays and plays well.  This team is different.  War Eagle!  Go get that title men!

Assuming KJ doesn’t play a major role today, the O and D lines will have to dedicate themselves to being even more dominant.   I think they can do it and we win a close one.  

Prince Tega and Harrell really made a huge difference after they entered the 1st game. Not sure if James and Horton are 100% healthy, but those 2 backups had a super game, so they should be chomping at the bit to play in this game.  Loved seeing them lead KJ down the sideline on the last TD. Of course we need Braden S to continue mauling their DL like he did in the 1st game too. 

Talking heads are saying uga goes from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and that they will be able to penetrate our O-line. Bring it! Our guys are ready! Just maintain the pocket for Stidham and we are good.

5 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Talking heads are saying uga goes from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and that they will be able to penetrate our O-line. Bring it! Our guys are ready! Just maintain the pocket for Stidham and we are good.

UGA's D isn't in the same league as UAT's, and they couldn't get much pressure on Stidham. If we are ready for UGA blitzes again, then we will win comfortably...again. IF UGA tries to make big changes in their D then they are more likely to miss assignments. I agree with you....BRING IT!!!

About the 3-4 vs 4-3:  I coach OL for a high school program.  Our run game is very similar to what AU does.  I think it is easier to block a 4 man front than it is a 3 man front.  I know that may sound funny, but there is so much less deception to a 4 man front as far as where they can go, how they adjust to certain formations, etc.  Double teams are easier to work against a 4 man also. To me, if you go to a 4 man front you better be able to say “come on big boy you can’t block me.”  Easier to do against Kentucky and Ga Tech.  AU isn’t either of those two.

28 minutes ago, Grumps said:

UGA's D isn't in the same league as UAT's, and they couldn't get much pressure on Stidham. If we are ready for UGA blitzes again, then we will win comfortably...again. IF UGA tries to make big changes in their D then they are more likely to miss assignments. I agree with you....BRING IT!!!

I disagree and agree with your points.  Disagree - Uga does have a very good defense that we exploited with designs, movement and play calling.  I don't know that we can dominate like we did.  Agree - Changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 could definitely create confusion for them and missed assignments. 

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I disagree and agree with your points.  Disagree - Uga does have a very good defense that we exploited with designs, movement and play calling.  I don't know that we can dominate like we did.  Agree - Changing from a 3-4 to a 4-3 could definitely create confusion for them and missed assignments. 

4-3 allows for more stunts and double stunts.  4-3 has long been considered a run defense. I am sure we played against both 3 and 4 man fronts with relative success.  I am sure the defensive guru Smart spent a little more time in the defensive meetings this week to provide his input. 

2 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

Today is going to be about what goes on up front.  I went back to the first game and just watched the fronts on both sides.  Our DL was SOOOOOOO dominant in that game.  I just don’t see that changing and you know CRG is going to have that bunch ready to dominate again.  Also, the OL was very dominant in the last game and got incredible push while playing a little short handed.  Folks, it may not matter who plays RB although I believe Kerryon plays and plays well.  This team is different.  War Eagle!  Go get that title men!

THIS guy is gonna be the difference between last game and this one seeing that he didn't play last time. 6'6 340 OG and he straight moves people. I wanna see how we handle him. We might not have as easy of a push as last time.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-15-at-6.09.43-PM-740x431.png

images (8).jpg

images (9).jpg

40 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

THIS guy is gonna be the difference between last game and this one seeing that he didn't play last time. 6'6 340 OG and he straight moves people. I wanna see how we handle him. We might not have as easy of a push as last time.

images (8).jpg

images (9).jpg

Let's see him move Derrick Brown. Would be the first. 

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

images (8).jpg

images (9).jpg

If he is that good where has he been all season?  Why was the other guy playing in his place?

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

If he is that good where has he been all season?  Why was the other guy playing in his place?

Wondering the same tbh...the other guy might be injured.

Currently just before half, our O line is getting pushed back. The stupid little underneath screens have produced less than 10 yards.  If our O lime doesn't hold up and we can't throw down the field, then we are done. Lots of adjustments needed at half on both sides of the ball. 

We don't seem to have the intensity. Good year regardless, but I wouldn't  make Gus a saint. We lose, he prob bolts for Arky where it's safe and 8 wins are great. Play calling tonight seems like Gus' stupid play calling. He's not brilliant or innovative, just relys on trick plays and stupid screens. It's been a good run but GA is not fooled this time. Kirby is much smarter. Hate to say that because I live in GA and absolutely hate the dawgs. 

1 hour ago, Deemer 47 said:

We don't seem to have the intensity. Good year regardless, but I wouldn't  make Gus a saint. We lose, he prob bolts for Arky where it's safe and 8 wins are great. Play calling tonight seems like Gus' stupid play calling. He's not brilliant or innovative, just relys on trick plays and stupid screens. It's been a good run but GA is not fooled this time. Kirby is much smarter. Hate to say that because I live in GA and absolutely hate the dawgs. 

Offense completely and ridiculously unprepared for this game. If all it takes to go from great to pathetic on offense is to have one hurt player then what do we really have?  Play calling hasn't changed and a hurt player keeps getting thrown into the game to the entire teams detriment. Gus can go to Arky.  He can't handle anything changing ever. Unbelievably pathetic showing. This comes solely down to coaching and we were out coached by a million times.  Don't even deserve to be on the same field, let alone play on New Years. So we won 2 games we shouldn't have. We lost 2 we should have won. I'd say that makes our best very average. Another 3 or 4 loss season. This is the best Gus can do. No loss in him leaving. 

Right. If only Malzahn could prevent injuries, fumbles and blocked field goals. And somehow make it where Auburn does not have to play the likes of uga and bamr in the last part of every season. 

Archived