Auburn’s Schedule.

WarEagleHunter1221

UK, Vandy, Tenn, and Missouri are not the future of this conference...recruiting is getting harder and harder at these schools bc they don’t have the immediate surrounding talent pool that most of the other east teams have.  UT was good when they could recruit nationally.

The SEC won't change anything. Litteraly every team but Auburn is fine with it. The only solution would to move the UGA to early in the season.

19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The SEC won't change anything. Litteraly every team but Auburn is fine with it. The only solution would to move the UGA to early in the season.

How difficult would that change be? I would think Georgia May be ok with it earlier as well.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It wouldn’t bother me if we did. Like Spurrier used to say: "I don't know. I sort of always liked playing them that second game because you could always count on them having two or three key players suspended."

10 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

How difficult would that change be? I would think Georgia May be ok with it earlier as well.

I'm not sure. I think you're right that UGA would be in favor too.  

Auburn will be looking to play the notable following teams next year:

Washington at Atlanta

LSU at home

Mississippi State at Starkville

Ole Miss at Oxford

Texas A&M at home

Georgia at Athens

Alabama at Tuscaloosa

That's four away key SEC games, one massive nonconference game at neutral site.

I cannot think of a team with a schedule more tougher than this one. 

2 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

Auburn will be looking to play the notable following teams next year:

Washington at Atlanta

LSU at home

Mississippi State at Starkville

Ole Miss at Oxford

Texas A&M at home

Georgia at Athens

Alabama at Tuscaloosa

That's four away key SEC games, one massive nonconference game at neutral site.

I cannot think of a team with a schedule more tougher than this one. 

And if we're a championship team we'll take care of business.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

And if we're a championship team we'll take care of business.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but if this year has shown anything, it's how we respond a week after such a physical game. KJ got hurt in Bama game, and we just did not have any gas left against Georgia last night.

Now you're telling me that we'll face all of these teams next year, and what would happen if one of our key players got hurt? Will we show enough endurance and durability to play a tough, physical team week in and out? 

Gus has not proved that we're able to operate with "next man up" mentality smoothly and effectively. 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not sure. I think you're right that UGA would be in favor too.  

I think they would be ok with the move and bama too, if they think about what Kirby is building at uga and think about playing them right after a hard game with us.It's tough beating two top quality teams back to back, I don't care who you are. I say we move uga to the early part of the season and move bama back to the week before thanksgiving. Then play an easier team or have a week off to get ready for the sec championship if we are in it.

how we respond a week after such a physical game.

It's not just Auburn, it happens all the time to other teams as well. I would say bama has championship talent on their team and the only good team they played all year was Auburn and we beat them. I'm not sure they could have beat uga if they had been playing them either. Now give AU a week off to rest and I think it would have been a different game.

Bama and Uga got a pass this year, until they got to us. That's for sure. And it was a huge factor last night. That's also for sure. It's tiresome to not only have the hardest schedule but to see the schedule stacked up at the end. I'm all for spreading it around. Atleast until Tennessee and Florida start doing their share. Mizzou needs to join the Sunbelt. They don't even have proper lighting for tv games at night.  My .02

4 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

I'm not disagreeing with you, but if this year has shown anything, it's how we respond a week after such a physical game. KJ got hurt in Bama game, and we just did not have any gas left against Georgia last night.

Now you're telling me that we'll face all of these teams next year, and what would happen if one of our key players got hurt? Will we show enough endurance and durability to play a tough, physical team week in and out? 

Gus has not proved that we're able to operate with "next man up" mentality smoothly and effectively. 

In my opinion great teams always find a way. By November everybody's banged up and that's when depth and toughness are shown. The argument for our SOS is legitimate but I don't mind it.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

By November everybody's banged up

But you don't get near as banged up playing patsies as you do playing top ten teams.

4 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

In my opinion great teams always find a way. By November everybody's banged up and that's when depth and toughness are shown. The argument for our SOS is legitimate but I don't mind it.

Exactly. During Gus's tenure, did we ever had any moments that our depth still got us through following an injury to a key player? 

I have not seen an instance.

Exactly. During Gus's tenure, did we ever had any moments that our depth still got us through following an injury to a key player? 

I have not seen an instance.

No and our championship count shows. OSU won it all in '14 with their 3rd string QB not because he was that good but the coaches took advantage of his arm strength and usually threw to the sideline. They found a way

Archived