Projection: Peach vs. UCF

War Eagle 96

18 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Can we just deny the invitation this time and stay home? That is the least interesting place (Atlanta again) and matchup of all 40 games. We will not do well for a total lack of interest.

No one is going to force you to watch. But you will. 

I think the draw of handing another potential top 10 opponent there only loss for the season is enough to get the team fired up.  

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Does whether or not Bama gets to the playoffs affect this projection?

Good question because despite the projections I saw of bama as 4 I'm not so sure that the Big 10 and Pac 12 will get left out of the game for four southern teams.....  bama does not have a single win over a top 10 team and lost to the only ranked team they faced.   

If Clemson gets a pass for Boston College....you can make a good case for OSU getting a pass for Iowa......and for them winning their conference championship. 

PS...damn.....looks like bama is in and will play Clemson. 

16 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

We beat both of our rivals....but both end up in the play-off. This is a sick joke 

Maybe we will see both get embarrassed 

2 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Is the Peach more prestigious than the outback and citrus nowadays?

Yes.  Its a Big 6 Bowl (Rose, Sugar, Peach, Cotton, Orange, and Fiesta). Those are the bowls that the committee matches up.

However, word is that AU has requested to not be sent to the Peach.

I think we end up in the Orange or Cotton.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yes.  Its a Big 6 Bowl (Rose, Sugar, Peach, Cotton, Orange, and Fiesta). Those are the bowls that the committee matches up.

Thanks 

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Prefer the Orange. I'm old school.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Cotton for me, but I'm selfish.  It's a day trip from my house :)

If AUburn gets the Cotton Bowl, I may try to get a family trip together for that. I don’t want to go to Atlanta or Miami. 

13 hours ago, jAUSon said:

maybe we can draw ohio state? Pay them back for barely beating wisconsin, and allowing the turds back in?

Apparently the Fiesta Bowl becomes the substitute Rose Bowl when the Rose is a Semi-Final game. It will be OSU vs. USC.

When the though was Bama would be in the outside looking in, the projection was they would play Miami in the Orange Bowl. When they got in our prospects did not change.

I would much rather play OSU, USC, or Miami.

Cotton would be the most fair I guess you could say. I would like to play against one of the contenders left out of the playoff, but playing Miami in the orange bowl would be yet another home field advantage on a neutral field so to speak. 

3 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

You should have to earn the right to a spot in the playoffs. Unless you are Bama of course. 

Wrong thread.

Archived