did we just screw Bama........again

shabby

If there's one bright spot to our loss tonight it sure makes Alabama's loss to us look even worse for Bama. I wonder if that allows Ohio State to jump them and keep them out of the playoffs. I think it does and we have now screwed Bama twice in a year. War Eagle

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to choose to believe they don't...just for the sake of my own sanity.  There cannot be any team whom the universe is more sick of seeing.  Not even Urban Cryer's.  

I personally think it helps them. Ohio State has 2 losses and let's not act like the committee doesn't love Bama. I hate OSU too and think they should be in since they won their conference champ. But i think they may be looking on the outside b/c of the 2 losses. 

No way a conference champion gets passed over from the power 5. I sure hope not anyway. 

Let's put this to bed. Bama is weakness and us losing does not help them. Even if they get they're weak and it's obvious. They aren't championship quality

I now think they will jump OSU over Bama. Last year wasn't right but it didn't leave a conference out. I don't think they'll put 2 SEC teams in and leave Big 10 out. If it was someone besides OSU or Michigan they might but not those 2

I think Ohio State is most deserving based on their resume.  Bammers most significant win is LSU.  The politics in this playoff committee is mind boggling.  It seems they just get in because they’re bammer.

This is so left-field, but wish, wish, wish UCF could take it.

Just now, jptiger said:

Conference championships cannot be diminished in this current format. Imo

I totally agree.  What’s the point of playing a conference championship if it does not mean more in the National playoff format?

Just now, WeagleAU said:

I think Ohio State is most deserving based on their resume.  Bammers most significant win is LSU.  The politics in this playoff committee is mind boggling.  It seems they just get in because they’re bammer.

Yep.. and I heard some talking head saying that Alabama lost .. late in the season.. to Auburn.. and they shouldn't get in on their past resume.. there has to be consequences for losing and consequences for not winning your conference... 

We actually hurt Alabama. There saving grace was they lost to one of the hottest teams in the country . Not anymore . Expect tOSU to get in

5 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Let's put this to bed. Bama is weakness and us losing does not help them. Even if they get they're weak and it's obvious. They aren't championship quality

Agree. Just hope the committee understands this.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Alabama didn't lose to a 5 loss Iowa team by 31 points. 

Didn’t beat any top four teams either 

Alabama lost last week though. For a right to play for conference championship. Can’t lose that game. 

10 minutes ago, jptiger said:

No way a conference champion gets passed over from the power 5. I sure hope not anyway. 

Tell that to Penn State last year.  (OSU was selected over BIG10 Champ PSU.) 

Archived