did we just screw Bama........again

shabby

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

We actually hurt Alabama. There saving grace was they lost to one of the hottest teams in the country . Not anymore . Expect tOSU to get in

That's my thinking as well

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was on the committee, conference championships would matter.  It’s not fair that bama sits at home and watches these games, and watches these teams get banged up even more and get into the playoffs.  This would be my top 4:  1.  Clemson  2.  Oklahoma. 3.  OSU  4.  UGA

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Good stuff. Can’t imagine big10 champ being shut out two years in a row or sending two from sec. hope not anyway. I hate Alabama and I wish nothing but the worst for them at all times. 

19 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

But didn't Wisconsin beat Iowa pretty bad. 

This is true, and OSU just beat Wisconsin.  The bammer bias is hard to compete against.

Either only count the teams that participate in a conference championship games or set the field before the games are played. Basically the current field.  Can't guarantee it but we essentially lost today in our extra game because of a guy laying it all out on the field in the final game of the regular season. We would be healthy a month from now.  

You also have to take into account that the SEC is in the worst shape it’s been in years.  Also, overall, only half the teams bammer played had a winning record.

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Either only count the teams that participate in a conference championship games or set the field before the games are played. Basically the current field.  Can't guarantee it but we essentially lost today in our extra game because of a guy laying it all out on the field in the final game of the regular season. We would be healthy a month from now.  

Exactly. Either it’s a major factor or it’s not one at all. Don’t reward a team for sitting at home.

I just can’t see a team with no conference championship and  no top 15 wins get in. OSU penn st was a different situation last year.

4 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

I just can’t see a team with no conference championship and  no top 15 wins get in. OSU penn st was a different situation last year.

Pro Bama argument: only loss was on the road to a top 10 team (who happens to be the only loss on another playoff's team resume as well); didn't lose by 30 to a 5 loss team

Anti-Bama argument: OSU 2-1 versus committee top 10 teams, didn't play for a conference championship.

As much as I hate to say it, especially with what the committee did last year and watching the UAT love-fest rekindled on ESPN the past hour, I think UAT gets in...and AU has nobody to blame but themselves...ugh

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

watching the UAT love-fest rekindled on ESPN the past hour,

That’s the problem, it’s all political.  ESPN always has the bammer propaganda machine turned on.

If Alabama gets in then we should do away with conference championships period. If you win your division in the SEC just sit at home and wait to be put in the playoff..don’t risk playing an “extra game” 

1 minute ago, WeagleAU said:

That’s the problem, it’s all political.  ESPN always has the bammer propaganda machine turned on.

My only solace is knowing that Clemson would probably club UAT by 30, but it doesn't help with a month to prepare and a month of holiday festivities with bammers (not Alabama graduates, but pure bammers) upcoming. "HARDY HAR HAR, CUTE LITTLE BROTHER HAPPY BOUT STATE CHAMPEENSHIPS BUT AT THE CAPSTONE, WE PLAY FOR NATTIES. ROW DAM TYDE"

1 hour ago, WeagleAU said:

I think Ohio State is most deserving based on their resume.  Bammers most significant win is LSU.  The politics in this playoff committee is mind boggling.  It seems they just get in because they’re bammer.

They’ve gotten in the playoff in the past because they’ve been the SEC champs, nit because they’re bammer.  This year they aren’t conference champs and they won’t get in.

AU had their chance to get in and whiffed.

They aren't getting in. I wouldn't be trolling bammer hopefuls on fb so hard if they wete gettimg in. 

If they get in, they and uga lose in the first round and the committee looks worse than last year. 

15 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

They aren't getting in. I wouldn't be trolling bammer hopefuls on fb so hard if they wete gettimg in. 

If they get in, they and uga lose in the first round and the committee looks worse than last year. 

Yeah Clemson and OU are the very clear two best teams. UGA and Alabama/Ohio St, I think, would get thrashed in matchups with those two. 

Clemson fan here. I'm not sure you guys shouldn't get a serious look. It solves a lot of the problems.

1. They overlooked our loss to Syracuse because of Bryant injury. Your top RB was out against us and severely limited today, plus Pettway was also out.

2. Your wins and losses are WAY better than anything OSU can bring to the table.

3. What is Bama going to say? Even with two more losses, you won 26-14 and it wasn't that close.

4. Two games against Uga were 47-45 for Au. If they're #3 I don't see much difference.

Long shot, but I'd have you in.

3 hours ago, Tmax22 said:

Clemson fan here. I'm not sure you guys shouldn't get a serious look. It solves a lot of the problems.

1. They overlooked our loss to Syracuse because of Bryant injury. Your top RB was out against us and severely limited today, plus Pettway was also out.

2. Your wins and losses are WAY better than anything OSU can bring to the table.

3. What is Bama going to say? Even with two more losses, you won 26-14 and it wasn't that close.

4. Two games against Uga were 47-45 for Au. If they're #3 I don't see much difference.

I like your thinking. But I doubt it happens. I'd feel a lot more optimistic about that if we hadn't lost to LSU.

5 hours ago, Tmax22 said:

I woke up this morning wondering about this. There is a case to be made if all factors are taken into consideration. Thank you so much for your post. I am pulling for you all the way if the "expected" comes to pass.

Well, they did finish 3rd in the SEC, and yet somehow are in the discussion for the 4 team playoff. I don't think they get in

There is NO WAY the committee leaves out an entire viewing portion of the country leaving out OSU and the Big 10. Won't happen. 

Choosing OSU last year made this decision messier than it needs to be. 

The committee can set a standard this year that conference championships matter more than other criteria.  This will make future decisions easier.  

8 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

This is so left-field, but wish, wish, wish UCF could take it.

I'm guessing we will play UCF in the Peach Bowl.

Archived