College Football Playoffs Announcement

AUDynasty

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This really should be simple though. If there are teams sitting at home on Championship weekend and enough teams playing on championship weekend to make a legit playoff, then the team sitting at home should be out. 

But this is my uat anti-bias talking probably. 

Just now, jared52 said:

This really should be simple though. If there are teams sitting at home on Championship weekend and enough teams playing on championship weekend to make a legit playoff, then the team sitting at home should be out. 

But this is my uat anti-bias talking probably. 

Had any team other than Ohio State got in last year, I think this would be an easy pick for Ohio State. 

Pick Ohio State to get in, the committee will get attacked for being pro-OSU. 

Pick Alabama to get in, you're setting a scary precedent here by selecting a team that did not appear in conference championship to get in CFP for TWO years in a row.

Just now, AUDynasty said:

Had any team other than Ohio State got in last year, I think this would be an easy pick for Ohio State. 

Pick Ohio State to get in, the committee will get attacked for being pro-OSU. 

Pick Alabama to get in, you're setting a scary precedent here by selecting a team that did not appear in conference championship to get in CFP for TWO years in a row.

Yep. This is why a 4 team playoff is perfect. Just enough that you cant have a letdown and get in. 

19 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

The time is now. Who'll get in? 

IMO: Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Ohio State.

Should be, unless politics and money plays a factor

CFB committee when against its own criteria.  Bammer sits at home, gets in due to politics and money.

In a year when we beat both our main rivals during the regular season, they both make the playoffs. Even when we win, we lose. 

Spot on. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Might as well do away with conference championship games now. They are meaningless. You’re better off losing a game like bama did and sitting home.

Spot on. 

Haha well we beat our top 2 rivals and they are still in. 

It happens. It was still a fun year. 

We played 3 of the 4 teams (one twice) and we also played OK on the bowl last year. Basically we had the hardest schedule in history. 

2 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

I was trying to remain positive.

It’s really a coin flip to be honest. I think Clemson can handle uat, but who knows. Should be 3 good games. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Might as well do away with conference championship games now. They are meaningless. You’re better off losing a game like bama did and sitting home.

The committee screw themselves last year with this. I bet there will be some change because of this decision. 

Archived