AU vs The Nations Best

AU-24

Of the nations four playoff teams, Auburn has played three of the four in our regular season. We beat two of the four convincingly, including both by double digits!

Now, the number one team in the country... Clemson, we held to 14 points, which is far lower than any other opponent on their schedule.

Any thoughts?

I think the worst thing about the situation is that the turds got to sit at home while Auburn got banged up, and they still eeked in the playoffs without winning their division.

26 minutes ago, AuburnTiger0707 said:

I think the worst thing about the situation is that the turds got to sit at home while Auburn got banged up, and they still eeked in the playoffs without winning their division.

Yes the #3 team in the SEC is going to the playoffs. 

I am very, very proud of this team, their drive and commitment to seizing “our time.”  Something changed in them. Don’t lose site that we played all four of the current playoff teams in 2017. This high level is so hard to maintain. I believe we had the hardest schedule of any of them and it took its toll physically. I guess the simple fight in them the last half of this season endeared me to them. And I really don’t want to hear how they came up short cause for me they won the battles of character and perseverance. I hope it sticks. JMHO 

Edit: After going back and reading my post I realize I am claiming some sort of “moral victory.”  That’s ok for me, bash away if you wish, but if I claim a moral victory the one of integrity and character is the one I’d choose. 

11 minutes ago, oldaufeller said:

I am very, very proud of this team, their drive and commitment to seizing “our time.”  Something changed in them. Don’t lose site that we played all four of the current playoff teams in 2017. This high level is so hard to maintain. I believe we had the hardest schedule of any of them and it took its toll physically. I guess the simple fight in them the last half of this season endeared me to them. And I really don’t want to hear how they came up short cause for me they won the battles of character and perseverance. I hope it sticks. JMHO 

Edit: After going back and reading my post I realize I am claiming some sort of “moral victory.”  That’s ok for me, bash away if you wish, but if I claim a moral victory the one of integrity and character is the one I’d choose. 

We didn’t play Oklahoma, but I totally get your point!

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

We didn’t play Oklahoma, but I totally get your point!

Thank You - I wasn't clear - "2017 calendar year" - not football season.  Jan 2, 2017 Sugar Bowl. I lumped 2017 all together. 

Lots of people dismissed the LSU loss as irrelevant because we got to the SECCG anyway, but I wonder if we had beaten LSU, would we have been the #4 seed over Alabama even after losing yesterday?

1 minute ago, ertrader said:

Lots of people dismissed the LSU loss as irrelevant because we got to the SECCG anyway, but I wonder if we had beaten LSU, would we have been the #4 seed over Alabama even after losing yesterday?

If we don't lose to LSU...

1) We would be in the CFP. No question after today's decision. Our 2 losses would be to other CFP teams.

2) We would be #4, playing #1 Clemson for the semis, and either #3 UGA or #2 Oklahoma for the Natty.

So many what ifs, but that LSU loss goes right up there with FSU in my book. Absolutely devastating.

2 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

If we don't lose to LSU...

1) We would be in the CFP. No question after today's decision. Our 2 losses would be to other CFP teams.

2) We would be #4, playing #1 Clemson for the semis, and either #3 UGA or #2 Oklahoma for the Natty.

So many what ifs, but that LSU loss goes right up there with FSU in my book. Absolutely devastating.

I want to annihilate them in JH next September.

Archived