Report: Malzhan staying

Auctoritas

1 minute ago, FoundationEagle said:

Pretty much this. I hope they didn't pay him 7 mil with a big buyout but it seems close to that. If he continues to Gus that could hurt badly in 2-3 years.  Then again, what's it matter?  The fix is clearly in for college football. Corruption has reached a tipping point. Until this system is changed, there is no more truth in college football.  I've officially lost interest.  I'm not a fan of WWE and that is what college football just became. 

Yep...I caught Reece Davis on ESPN today calling Bama's loss to us last week "competitive" as one of his positives for Bama to be in the Final Four. Of course, let's not forget, that he is a graduate of Turdtown U from what I understand.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:
Gus being Gus. Slime ball, played his home state again. I hope you Gus lovers will shut your pie holes! I honestly despise Gus, wanted Norvell. I should be happy, but I’m pissed Gus used us like a Kotex. Guck Fus!

The Gus crap has to go away and never be brought up again. We offered, he said no. Screw that guy now. He's not one of us.

So Gus had no intentions of coming to AR, he just used the UA as a bargaining chip to bump his salary. He will be fired long before that 5 year agreement is up..... and he will never coach here now. This was his one and only chance and he thumbed his nose at us.

Yep, Gus is still a spineless POS who does what's best for Gus. Just like when he bailed on the kids he recruited to Arkansas and never once said a word about what Nutt and his cronies were putting those kids through.

I wanted to give him his shot to come home and be a hero. Now I can't wait for his butt to get fired in 4-5 years. He will not be welcome back in this state as far as I'm concerned. Let's go get us a coach and drop some $$ on assistants and whoop some Auburn @$$.

Let them hire Norvell and see how he progresses as a coach. If he does progresses well and we do happen to “fire Gus” like they say we’re going then they would have primed Norvell right up for a big time job like AU and we can hire him away from them. ?

Joking of course. 

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Who would you prefer to have coaching Auburn next season?

I would have taken Jimbo Fisher in a heartbeat over Malzahn.  

We have the best QB in the SEC, best RB, senior heavy oline, and top 10 defense. We scored zero in second half vs Clemson.  Scored zero in second half vs LSU.  Scored zero in second half in Georgia loss.  Outside of giving coach more money and a bigger buyout what gets better next year? I’m not really feeling that optimistic even though I wish I could.  I really want to get excited about about potential but I feel like things didn’t change. I think this contract means at least 3 more seasons for Gus though so we will find out by year 8 what we have.

Just now, murpjf88 said:

Okay, I’ll rephrase. Who would you prefer to coach starting next season that hasn’t already been scooped up? Did you want JF after we beat bama and UGA?

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Just like bama did...

Dubose

Franchione

Price

Shula

Kines...

Has Auburn got right yet? Tubberville was clutch against the league's elite and Auburn's rivals, but he lost a lot of games he should have won against lower echelon competition.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You'd have been in the minority after the shenanigans Jimbo pulled with Mr. Crablegs

1 minute ago, murpjf88 said:

Has Auburn got right yet? Tubberville was clutch against the league's elite and Auburn's rivals, but he lost a lot of games he should have won against lower echelon competition.

AUburn’s rivals at the time were historically bad outside of maybe LSU who’s coach is now at bammer. Also, he had a habit of losing to bad teams he should’ve beaten. 

Just now, murpjf88 said:

What? The elite? There were few if any elite SEC west teams while tubs was here.

9 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

I Like Jimbo too but we would have gotten tired of his crap every year.  It would be like TT, when at the end of every season their were rumors of him leaving for another school.   

15 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

24 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Who would you prefer to have coaching Auburn next season?

Also a quote:  I would have taken Jimbo Fisher in a heartbeat over Malzahn.  

Reply:

I am down here in FSU country.  The local FSU fans are delighted that TAM picked up the buy-out. They are tired of the humiliation of the "Florida State Criminoles", only matched by disappointing results.  They speculated that he was clinically depressed.    

I know that Jimbo has good qualities and the admiration of many who knew him at AU, but I am MUCH more comfortable with Gus.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The first 2 years of Gus' tenure was an anomaly. Instant success with another staff's players.  The last 3 he has gone 6-6, 8-4, 10-3. He has built a strong foundation for the program. He has instilled discipline and accountability. The recruiting is only getting better. We are not to the level where we are reloading yet, but we are getting close. The stability and continuity of coaches has been huge the past two years and will pay higher dividends as it continues.  It was time to marry or divorce Gus and AU decided to marry him.  As fans, it's time to embrace him and support him and know he wants what's best for AU as much as we do.

This.  Thank you for this rational post.  Always look forward to when you speak up. 

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What? The elite? There were few if any elite SEC west teams while tubs was here.

9-6 vs top 10 competition and 5-2 vs top 5 competition is pretty damn good in my book. 

1 hour ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Nobody, nobody. In the SEC...has had the success against little Nicky and bammer like Gus has. Glad he is staying.

The only year Bama has beat Gus is when we literally had no defense and no QB. Bama fans gets so mad when you bring that up too. LOL

26 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

We have the best QB in the SEC, best RB, senior heavy oline, and top 10 defense. We scored zero in second half vs Clemson.  Scored zero in second half vs LSU.  Scored zero in second half in Georgia loss.  Outside of giving coach more money and a bigger buyout what gets better next year? I’m not really feeling that optimistic even though I wish I could.  I really want to get excited about about potential but I feel like things didn’t change. I think this contract means at least 3 more seasons for Gus though so we will find out by year 8 what we have.

Look at the young  depth we have and the recruiting class coming in. Then you'll feel better 

Marques McClain, Noah Iggy, Nick Coe, Big Cat Bryant, just to name a few. We're also about to get a stud RB 

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You ever heard a song called My Ding A Ling......... maybe you need to cause that fits you to a tee

Sir, this is a family site and no one wants to think about that.

img_the_5_most_wrinkly_dog_breeds_541_60

Archived