Lingering Questions...Add Yours.

ToraGirl

As Auburn prepares to hire a new AD, is now the time to open discussion about....

1. Possible move to the East?

2. Game scheduling...when, with whom, what order?

3. Playoff committee dialogue about teams that play no extra game being at a likely advantage, at least health-wise?

IMO Auburn was asked to do the impossible yesterday, and I just don't buy the "conference/division strength ebb and flow" argument as if there is nothing that can be done about it. We deserve lobbyists as effective as OTHERS'. We can make demands and exercise clout too. Turn the UGA GUS on them.

We keep a running list of questions as a grade level when it's time for administrative reconsideration of murky policy.  Just wondering how an average fan can get such concerns to the specific ears that can at least consider them and possibly do something about it.

Tora the Crusader ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

As Auburn prepares to hire a new AD, is now the time to open discussion about....

3. Playoff committee dialogue about teams that play no extra game being at a likely advantage, at least health-wise?

IMO Auburn was asked to do the impossible yesterday, and I just don't buy the "conference/division strength ebb and flow" argument as if there is nothing that can be done about it. We deserve lobbyists as effective as OTHERS'. We can make demands and exercise clout too. Turn the UGA GUS on them.

We keep a running list of questions as a grade level when it's time for administrative reconsideration of murky policy.  Just wondering how an average fan can get such concerns to the specific ears that can at least consider them and possibly do something about it.

Tora the Crusader ?

Move to the east? No, please no!!!

6 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I thought this said lingerie questions...sorry, wrong forum. 

:Sing: ????

shopping.jpeg

There was talk a few years ago about moving the UGA game to earlier in the season. I wish they would do that and at least that eliminates having to play our two biggest rivals back to back. It would also help if there were another SEC rematch in ATL. 

3 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Move to the east? No, please no!!!

Not intended to be a debate thread. Got enough of those. Trying to see how many of our threads could be avoided if some of the above valid questions could be taken into consideration by whomever can do something about it. 

Well, I did send a "thank you for a great season" email to Gus today, and he replied back with an effusive "Thank you", so I guess I am the obvious person to be that inside connection. :Sing:

I like the idea of looking at our schedule to see if we could move some of the rival games. But on the other hand, we seem to be stronger at the end of the year, so that's probably why it was originally planned that way.

33 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Well, I did send a "thank you for a great season" email to Gus today, and he replied back with an effusive "Thank you", so I guess I am the obvious person to be that inside connection. :Sing:

I like the idea of looking at our schedule to see if we could move some of the rival games. But on the other hand, we seem to be stronger at the end of the year, so that's probably why it was originally planned that way.

That was sweet of you. I wrote CGC and JJ a lot in 2010 and JJ in the time after. He always took the time to respond. Coach Chiz signed my "All In" (my one autographical A-Day item) and winked at me when I told him I'd been writing and praying. I could send Kristi a message on Facebook...or Angie Jacobs...but I do think there's got to be a landing spot for "official inquiries". ?

We seem to be stronger, but we seem to be tired and hurt, too. 20/20. 50/50. @bigbird @augolf1716Just need the same "fair opportunity" to rest that our biggest rivals have. Not to mention that we go to their houses next year.

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

That was sweet of you. I wrote CGC and JJ a lot in 2010 and JJ in the time after. He always took the time to respond. Coach Chiz signed my "All In" (my one autographical A-Day item) and winked at me when I told him I'd been writing and praying. I could send Kristi a message on Facebook...or Angie Jacobs...but I do think there's got to be a landing spot for "official inquiries". ?

We seem to be stronger, but we seem to be tired and hurt, too. 20/20. 50/50 @bigbird @augolf. Just need the same "fair opportunity" to rest that our biggest rivals have. Not to mention that we go to their houses next year.

Can you send Angie a Facebook message telling her to urge her husband to resign early? Kidding, kind of.......

7 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Can you send Angie a Facebook message telling her to urge her husband to resign early? Kidding, kind of.......

You are so funny!! I think the job has taken its toll. We are all looking forward to a new season... ???...to everything there is one...

Tora, I  just figured that Gus would appreciate a regular fan telling him that we appreciated the effort, leadership and character that he and the other coaches have instilled in these young men. Also, that there would always be people who think they can do the job better, even when they don't have all the information they need to make those decisions. I mentioned that there were plenty of people supporting him and the staff and that we would keep him in our prayers as he makes decisions for the future. I was shocked that he even replied back from his phone, as I sent it this afternoon.  I'm sure he had a million things going through his mind.  Others may not agree, but I am willing to be patient and also support Gus and his staff in thought and prayer.  They are doing important things in the lives of these young men, who will hopefully go out and be ambassadors for Auburn one day.  

How about this, If our two starting backs can't play in an an SEC Championship next year and coaches say they believe and trust the backups to get it done, how bout they leave them in to get it done.  Why cant they actually "trust" their ability and their coaching instead of lying and having a knee jerk reaction to only give them a couple of series and abandoning them (and the run game) for a guy who is so injured it is very unlikely he can get it done.  That doesn't look like the coaches trust the backups to get it done....just saying.  Or hire a good running backs coach who will have the next man ready.

Two things I positively know will never happen. The creator of the sopranos will never let on if Tony Soprano got whacked or not & the SEC will never let us go to the east. No point in even hoping or thinking about either of the two.

TG you summed it up pretty good in your OP. The ultimate insult to us to see Bama rewarded for skipping the minefield of the seccg, having actually lost their only meaningful game this year. Whole schedule needs to be looked at. Especially now that it takes a 15th win to go all the way.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Two things I positively know will never happen. The creator of the sopranos will never let on if Tony Soprano got whacked or not & the SEC will never let us go to the east. No point in even hoping or thinking about either of the two.

Stay in the West Division -- possibility of playing UGA twice in a season. 

Move to the East Division -- possibility of playing uat twice in a season. 

Choose wisely, AU Family! 

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

Tora the Crusader ?

The conference will never allow AU to move East.  Scheduling could be delved into by the new AD, but we wouldn’t notice change for years down the road.  The CFP does what they want and acts within their own paramators.  I suppose an AU contingent could press them and ask specific questions, but I’m doubtful they’d be receptive.

4 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Stay in the West Division -- possibility of playing UGA twice in a season. 

Move to the East Division -- possibility of playing uat twice in a season. 

Choose wisely, AU Family! 

Put me the minority but honestly I wouldn't lose any sleep in not losing our annual match up with Bama. That is just me. 

6 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

TG you summed it up pretty good in your OP. The ultimate insult to us to see Bama rewarded for skipping the minefield of the seccg, having actually lost their only meaningful game this year. Whole schedule needs to be looked at. Especially now that it takes a 15th win to go all the way.

The ultimate insult is watching both of our biggest rivals perched up there in the  final four. :puke:

Just now, DAG said:

Put me the minority but honestly I wouldn't lose any sleep in not losing our annual match up with Bama. That is just me. 

Umm ... not sure if you understand how the SEC works, but the only way we ditch getting around playing uat every year is to pull a TAMU and jump to another conference entirely. 

2 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Umm ... not sure if you understand how the SEC works, but the only way we ditch getting around playing uat every year is to pull a TAMU and jump to another conference entirely. 

Umm...we are talking make-believe scenario. So, I am saying if we move to the east (Which we won't, seeing as that is how the SEC works), I would be fine with ditching the iron bowl as Alabama already has one cross-divisional rival in Tennessee. They can't have two. 

7 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

He's saying if we move to the east and get a permanent cross-division rival other than bammer (because theirs is already UT).

Edit: I'm too late. Dag beat me to it.

Edit 2: I sort of agree with him. Let the rivalry's intensity cool off a bit, among other reasons.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I do not want to lose either of our rivalry games.  What real AU fan doesn't want to play bama and thUGA every year?!?

5 minutes ago, 1856 said:

I do not want to lose either of our rivalry games.  What real AU fan doesn't want to play bama and thUGA every year?!?

We didn't play each other for 30 odd years & then some and guess what? The sun still rises, taxes was still owed and the game of football continued to prosper. I guess I am not as real as you. Half of you guys whine about the unfair advantages they get anyhow. We would either meet them in the SEC championship game or the playoffs.

Archived