Lingering Questions...Add Yours.

ToraGirl

12 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Well, I did send a "thank you for a great season" email to Gus today, and he replied back with an effusive "Thank you", so I guess I am the obvious person to be that inside connection. :Sing:

I like the idea of looking at our schedule to see if we could move some of the rival games. But on the other hand, we seem to be stronger at the end of the year, so that's probably why it was originally planned that way.

Would you mind giving CGM email on here, I also would like to send a Thank You?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems to me the only logical option we have is to try and have the Georgia game moved up in the season.  Everything else is just fantasy.   Moving the Georgia game might be fantasy for all I know.  Where would you want it?  Early or mid-season?

10 hours ago, steeleagle said:

It simply is the Saban effect and we simply have to wait it out till he retires. We've beaten him 3 times in 7 years. Who else has done that?

Why such an arbitrary number, 7 yrs?

Auburn has beaten them 3 times in the last 10yrs ------  4 times in the last 11 yrs Saban's been there.:dunno:

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Why such an arbitrary number, 7 yrs?

Auburn has beaten them 3 times in the last 10yrs ------  4 times in the last 11 yrs Saban's been there.:dunno:

4-0 when AU has 9 wins or more.

10 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Now of us were alive back then, so who would know if it didn't mean anything if we didn't play them. 

Why we keep wanting to not play them every year is ridiculous. first, it will never happen so why wish it?

We certainly didn't want to drop em when we were beating them in the 80's and 90's and 2000's. It simply is the Saban effect and we simply have to wait it out till he retires. We've beaten him 3 times in 7 years. Who else has done that?

It would make it easier if we could move the GA game to the middle of the year to give us a breather, especially in years playing there. But please don't put it at first of the year (Gus' will be still deciding our offense and playcalling then) lol.

are you sure of that?

4 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I can agree, but there were also those that said the iron bowl would never be played at Jordan Hare. We should already be in the east!

We should based on Geography and recruiting . We recognize that and the other teams recognize hence why they don’t want it. Yet we got fans worried about our game with Alabama. You think Alabama wants us to have any type of recruiting advantages over them? You really think Alabama would take into consideration Auburn’s needs if the shoe was on the other foot . My only concern , being a graduate and fan of AU, is what benefits my alma mater.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

We should based on Geography and recruiting . We recognize that and the other teams recognize hence why they don’t want it. Yet we got fans worried about our game with Alabama. You think Alabama wants us to have any type of recruiting advantages over them? You really think Alabama would take into consideration Auburn’s needs if the shoe was on the other foot . My only concern , being a graduate and fan of AU, is what benefits my alma mater.

Agree, If it wasn’t for UAT controlling the SEC, we would be in the east right now!

6 hours ago, 1856 said:

The LSU rivalry has certainly heated up since saban went over to uat, but by no means do they consider it as big as Auburn.

Minka Fitzpatrick thinks it is.

18 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

There was talk a few years ago about moving the UGA game to earlier in the season. I wish they would do that and at least that eliminates having to play our two biggest rivals back to back. It would also help if there were another SEC rematch in ATL. 

Yeah...playing UGA and Bama so close together is going to be a killer for years to come IMO b/c Bama isn't likely going to decline drastically anytime soon and UGA is just getting started with Kirby. That's scary. Those two games so close together are a big money maker for all involved. Having a game in the middle helps a little but if we can't change playing UGA earlier we're going to need to schedule someone like Alabama State as the in-between those games and play 2nd and 3rd string no matter what. 

Archived