Draft Eligible Players/Depth Chart 2018

tbone1430

21 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

According to Scouts inc. KJ is the third best running back and 23rd overall prospect.

I don’t doubt the first part, but I think it is unlikely 3 running backs would be picked in the first round. I’m going to assume KJ is gone though, and savor every carry he has on Monday. He has been so fun to watch. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m quite certain Devin Barrett is that guy. He certainly was in high school. I look forward to him getting more touches, because I believe he will take a few to the house. 

Hope you're right! And if you are, I'll just have to throw up my hands and say, well, better late than never. 

Whitlow might be that guy, too. Shivers is definitely that guy. Maybe both Martins. (I haven't seen these plays where Kam supposedly got caught from behind. He did have a 51-yard touchdown against Arkansas last year, though.)

Dangit. Gonna be a long summer. 

23 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don’t doubt the first part, but I think it is unlikely 3 running backs would be picked in the first round. I’m going to assume KJ is gone though, and savor every carry he has on Monday. He has been so fun to watch. 

Guess I might be surprised if KJ leaves......we have the potential for a big year in 2018 and he could be a big part of it if he stays.   Gus's best recruiting accomplishment will be to have KJ back again.   

And JMO....considering that he is playing on Monday......I'm taking that as a signal that he will be back...

18 hours ago, Tiger said:

I like the line of thinking that if he was going pro he would just play it safe and sit this game out

Any player that lays down on his team mates and coaches like that is one sorry individual. I've seen nothing to indicate that KJ is a sorry person. He'll play as much as he is able, NFL or not.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Any player that lays down on his team mates and coaches like that is one sorry individual. I've seen nothing to indicate that KJ is a sorry person. He'll play as much as he is able, NFL or not.

Eh, I get it if a kid wants to sit out and protect his chance to be set for life. I can certainly see how one, especially if they come from a modest background, would value that more than some people being disappointed in them. I see both sides of it and don't have an opinion either way they can do whatever they feel is best for them. 

That being said, I'm happy as heck that KJ is playing on Monday!

Stay or go? Auburn defenders know which way Holland is leaning

Michael Niziolek

Which way is Senesi Mud leaning? Holland’s teammates think they know.

“It’s not something you can control as a teammate or even as a coach,” Auburn linebacker Deshaun Davis said. “It’s all up to that individual of what they want to do or not. That’s something you’ll have to talk to Jeff about. I probably think I know what he’s leaning to. I think a lot of our teammates knowing which way he’s leaning to.”

And which way is that? 

“You’ll have to talk to Jeff about that,” Davis said with a laugh. 

Holland’s nine sacks going into the Peach Bowl is second in the SEC. He has 43 tackles this season (26 solo) with 12 for a loss, 22 quarterback hurries and four forced fumbled. Davis acknowledges there isn’t much left for Holland to prove. 

“He’s first team All-SEC. All-American,” Davis said. “Probably top three in the SEC in sacks. He’s one of those guys, if he has a grade one or two then why come back?”

One Auburn defender already made up his mind about the future with Dontavius Russell announced on Christmas plans to return for his senior season. Russell laid out his reasoning at length on Friday, but he isn't planning on campaigning for Holland to stay. 

“I know how difficult it was to make mine,” Russell said.

Auburn safety Tray Matthews flirted with leaving early after last season’s loss to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl, but decided to come back for his senior season. Matthews has talked to Holland and defensive back Carlton Davis about their decisions after they sought him out with questions about the process. 

“You have to lean on your heart,” Matthews said. 

Matthews downplayed the importance of projections — “all you need to do is get your foot in the door” — while also laying out the case for returning. 

“Your value can go up, the coaches we have - kind of makes you want to come back,” Matthews said.

Seems like he's leaving.

What is the latest thought on Stidham? I think we would be helped by staying. I also want him to stay. We definitely are going to need him. Is their any inside thought on the way he is leaning?

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

What is the latest thought on Stidham? I think we would be helped by staying. I also want him to stay. We definitely are going to need him. Is their any inside thought on the way he is leaning?

Just read an article stating that Stidham is projected 2nd or 3rd round. He says he has not decided yet and is just focused on the game now. When asked how he felt about next year's team if he returns and he thinks they have a great chance to be very good. He said pretty much what you might think he would say in this situation. 

3 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

He said before that he has a lot to work on still and is not ready. He also said that he would stay here for at least two seasons. He's not leaving. We're just worried about KJ and Jeff...beginning to worry about Jeff....both tbh.

JS is not NFL ready and I'm sure he's smart enough to know that. His time will come for sure bc he is an NFL talent, just needs more time. I wish Holland would come back for 1 more year. A 4th year did wonders for Dee Ford. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned - read today that KJ turned in his papers (whatever that is) to the NFL, but hasn’t looked at the response yet. I’m guessing their projections? 

Said he would weigh the options and look at everything after the game. 

I will cry if he leaves, won’t blame him a bit, but not be surprised if he stays. 

He is by far, one of my most favorites! All I want is to see his announcement with #unfinishedbusiness

37 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned - read today that KJ turned in his papers (whatever that is) to the NFL, but hasn’t looked at the response yet. I’m guessing their projections? 

Said he would weigh the options and look at everything after the game. 

I will cry if he leaves, won’t blame him a bit, but not be surprised if he stays. 

He is by far, one of my most favorites! All I want is to see his announcement with #unfinishedbusiness

Players do that all the time.

Alright I’m bumping this thread now that the season is over. I’ll forgive Gus for today’s donkey show if he:

A—gets rid of CHH, and B—successfully convinces KJ, Jarrett and Sensei to come back.

I think KJ should come back to improve his combine numbers. Not sure his timed drills will be on the same level as other RBs. I think he would still go in rounds 2-3, but he could use a boost to his 40.

24 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Alright I’m bumping this thread now that the season is over. I’ll forgive Gus for today’s donkey show if he:

A—gets rid of CHH, and B—successfully convinces KJ, Jarrett and Sensei to come back.

What does it matter? Jarrett was in a post game interview talking about pondering an nfl decision....Only decision he should make is if he wants to stay or transfer...he ain't close to being ready for the nfl and it shouldn't be something to think about. These players won't be utilized correctly if they do come back really it's not that big of a deal anymore.

Archived