Im so durn mad.

norcuron

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

And the hysteria continues.....Gus didn't lose this game. I'll give you the running back issues but this game was about to be tied up at 10 when our players failed to block their man across from them. We were about to go up 10-0 (at the very least) when our quarterback failed to deliver the ball inside the 10 yard line.

This team wasn't 23 points better than Georgia a few weeks ago. They were more like 7 points better. Momentum and turnovers combined with missed tackles and errant throws lost the game. Not the coach.

Was beginning to wonder if any of the people complaining about the coaching actually watched the game.   That lost fumble totally turned the game around.   AU about to go up 10 or 14 at that point....do that and I'm convinced we win the game.. That lost ball totally deflated the team and gave UGa confidence .....plus left then within one score....and the blocked FG...ugh.... 

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That's impossible.........................almost

If turd fans are a 12 out of 10 on the pain in the butt scale, OU fans are a 11.6. They each have a slim base that can read. The remaining are just obnoxious as hell. 

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Was beginning to wonder if any of the people complaining about the coaching actually watched the game.   That lost fumble totally turned the game around.   AU about to go up 10 or 14 at that point....do that and I'm convinced we win the game.. That lost ball totally deflated the team and gave UGa confidence .....plus left then within one score....and the blocked FG...ugh.... 

How Dunn didn’t fall on that ball and get possession blows my mind... 

3 hours ago, autigeremt said:

And the hysteria continues.....Gus didn't lose this game. I'll give you the running back issues but this game was about to be tied up at 10 when our players failed to block their man across from them. We were about to go up 10-0 (at the very least) when our quarterback failed to deliver the ball inside the 10 yard line.

This team wasn't 23 points better than Georgia a few weeks ago. They were more like 7 points better. Momentum and turnovers combined with missed tackles and errant throws lost the game. Not the coach.

Exactly.   Everything went right in the first game and just about everything went wrong in the second game

As one who was leading the get rid of Gus bus this may sound strange but...I'm very pleased with how the season went overall and not even all that disappointed in how it ended.  Georgia is a very good team and asking our guys to beat them twice in three weeks with the injuries we had and maybe even without the injuries was a tall order.  Had that first game been played in Athens I think UGA wins and if healthy I think we win the rematch.  It was just too tough when both teams are fairly evenly matched to ask either one to win both games.  Don't let any bammers fool you either...they may be happy to be in the playoffs and poking at us that we got left out of the playoff but make no mistake its eating them up that we won the Iron Bowl.  And better than that if they win it all they will have to live with the knowledge forever that there was one team better than them and it was the Auburn Tigers.  Just think if it was reversed and we won a natty and our only loss was to them...they would NEVER let us live it down.  So enjoy the Iron Bowl win.  Enjoy winning 10 games and hopefully 11.  Sad to say those seasons don't come around often enough for Auburn.  Enjoy playing in one of the New Year's Six Bowl games.  Remember two years ago when it was the friggin Birmingham Bowl or 5 years ago when it was no bowl at all.  Its unfortunate that our schedule is the way it is and we had to play the Dawgs twice in such a short time but neither the players nor the coaches can control that. 

If Stidham doesn't fumble there near the goal line early that game might have gone very differently and had KJ not fumbled late we may still have pulled that thing out.  The final score was not indicative of how that game played out.   The fumbles are not Gus's fault.  There are things we can blame Gus for and I have certainly done my share but I don't put last Saturday on Gus.  Despite words that some on here have put in my mouth I personally never asked Gus to get us to the playoff this year just because even when you are a very good team things can happen and you can get left out.  Just ask Penn State last year or Ohio State this year.  All I asked was with the roster we had was to win at least 9 regular season games, beat EITHER UGA or uat and make a good bowl game with a shot at 10 wins.  We won 10 in the regular season, beat BOTH UGA and uat and made a good bowl game with a shot at 11 wins.   Our returning roster is solid even though there will be question marks (what team doesn't?) and our recruiting is still going well.  Gus has seemed to learn from some of his mistakes and I think he has set us up for future success.  

I want Auburn to be in the CFP conversation more years than not come November.  I want sustained consistent success and would love to go no more than 4 or 5 seasons without an SEC title.  Maybe thats realistic, maybe its not but Gus has a shot to do something no Auburn coach has done since 88-89 and have back to back 10 win plus seasons if he can sustain this next year.  I know it seems terrible that our rivals made the playoff and we didn't after beating both of them but really would you rather have lost to both again and finished 8-4 again and be headed to like the Tax Slayer Bowl or something?  Heck, we could always do like bama and just claim a national title if either UGA or uat wins it all since we will be their only loss of the year. :big:

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Until we focus on Auburn and not Alabama then we will never reach our full potential.    

Truth right there. Pure unadulterated truth.  

3 hours ago, oldaufeller said:

This helps. Make sure to get the crimson and white one. ;)download (1).png

I just ordered one of these for kicks.  Never knew they existed.  My life is now complete.  

“Where is my dangit doll??  My head is about to pop off!!”

Truth imaolgatiger; a lot of those same things can be said about the LSU game.  Coaches and players have to help each other out in situations.  

Kirby played it nicely after they were certain KJ was not kosher. They abandoned safe defense and just went bonkers in our run gaps (see Clempson gameplan). Then, when Tre and Carlton didn't show up, that was quickly exploited too, they were hitting some nice passes that would've been nonsense otherwise. JS was just a touch off, I say that politely as possible, because he's awesome. Couple turnovers. Block fieldgoal. Momentum couldn't be bought. So you can't hang it on the coach. Buuuuut......I can see why folks are upset. It was a hurtful loss with an unthinkable fallout. Gus can make (some of) us angry one minute, thankful the next. The "should've repped the backups in blowout time" crowd is making a good point. If a backup can't get reps in practice, can't get snaps in blowouts, what kind of backup is he? And can we all agree, a backup would've been useful couple times this year? When Gus doesn't practice or snap a guy, even in desperate moments, do we conclude he's really not got what it takes? The board will be split on this moment to moment, for a few days because both sides are mostly correct. Impass. Let it ride. '18 outlook is good, this will wear off we can all still be friends lol.

2 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

As one who was leading the get rid of Gus bus this may sound strange but...I'm very pleased with how the season went overall and not even all that disappointed in how it ended.  Georgia is a very good team and asking our guys to beat them twice in three weeks with the injuries we had and maybe even without the injuries was a tall order.  Had that first game been played in Athens I think UGA wins and if healthy I think we win the rematch.  It was just too tough when both teams are fairly evenly matched to ask either one to win both games.  Don't let any bammers fool you either...they may be happy to be in the playoffs and poking at us that we got left out of the playoff but make no mistake its eating them up that we won the Iron Bowl.  And better than that if they win it all they will have to live with the knowledge forever that there was one team better than them and it was the Auburn Tigers.  Just think if it was reversed and we won a natty and our only loss was to them...they would NEVER let us live it down.  So enjoy the Iron Bowl win.  Enjoy winning 10 games and hopefully 11.  Sad to say those seasons don't come around often enough for Auburn.  Enjoy playing in one of the New Year's Six Bowl games.  Remember two years ago when it was the friggin Birmingham Bowl or 5 years ago when it was no bowl at all.  Its unfortunate that our schedule is the way it is and we had to play the Dawgs twice in such a short time but neither the players nor the coaches can control that. 

If Stidham doesn't fumble there near the goal line early that game might have gone very differently and had KJ not fumbled late we may still have pulled that thing out.  The final score was not indicative of how that game played out.   The fumbles are not Gus's fault.  There are things we can blame Gus for and I have certainly done my share but I don't put last Saturday on Gus.  Despite words that some on here have put in my mouth I personally never asked Gus to get us to the playoff this year just because even when you are a very good team things can happen and you can get left out.  Just ask Penn State last year or Ohio State this year.  All I asked was with the roster we had was to win at least 9 regular season games, beat EITHER UGA or uat and make a good bowl game with a shot at 10 wins.  We won 10 in the regular season, beat BOTH UGA and uat and made a good bowl game with a shot at 11 wins.   Our returning roster is solid even though there will be question marks (what team doesn't?) and our recruiting is still going well.  Gus has seemed to learn from some of his mistakes and I think he has set us up for future success.  

I want Auburn to be in the CFP conversation more years than not come November.  I want sustained consistent success and would love to go no more than 4 or 5 seasons without an SEC title.  Maybe thats realistic, maybe its not but Gus has a shot to do something no Auburn coach has done since 88-89 and have back to back 10 win plus seasons if he can sustain this next year.  I know it seems terrible that our rivals made the playoff and we didn't after beating both of them but really would you rather have lost to both again and finished 8-4 again and be headed to like the Tax Slayer Bowl or something?  Heck, we could always do like bama and just claim a national title if either UGA or uat wins it all since we will be their only loss of the year. :big:

All good points, good logic, great post. Liking this just didn't seem like enough. 

Were you this durn mad after Clemson '16 and/or '17? 

Were you this durn mad after UGA '16? 

Were you this durn mad after OU Sugar Bowl '17? 

Were you this durn mad after LSU '17?

Is it just the $13.25 Million ransom or is it simply Saban's manipulation of the CFP selection that's got you this durn mad?

I'm just trying to understand.

Time to put this year behind us and stop worrying about what could have been or should have been. It is over and now we go forward. Coach needs to get this team ready for next year and the years to come. He needs to have an urgency to have this team ready for EVERY game they have scheduled. Utilize ALL of the weapons in the arsenal and let the coaches have control. Be a manager..... a GREAT manager.............

15 hours ago, norcuron said:

I'm sorry, I didn't know a better place to put it. But I'm so durn MAD! We were so durn CLOSE!  and a team we beat like a drum 3 weeks earlier comes in an crushes us. So the Turds a team we beat and Ga. the other team we beat are in the National College Football Championships.  We have beat 2 out of the 4 in the playoff So we give the coach a 7 year contract for not making the playoff even though we beat 2 out of the final 4 in football. HE did not close the deal. From hot seat to 7 year contract for not beating a team that you whipped like a drunk touching your wife 2 weeks ago. It means they can read you. 

Wait, didn't you already create a thread complaining about the exact same thing?  Why create two threads only an hour apart discussing the exact same thing?

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That's impossible.........................almost

I have heard that they are absolutely awful.  Up there with the turds and the thUGs.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Wait, didn't you already create a thread complaining about the exact same thing?  Why create two threads only an hour apart discussing the exact same thing?

Because that’s what OP does. He only shows up after losses to bitch and moan. 

14 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Please no. I live in OKC. OU fans are much like turd fans. 

Then move to Stillwater!  :hellyeah:

17 hours ago, norcuron said:

He sorta did. That was KJ. Most figured early Pettway was gonna carry the rock a lot.

losing Roc Thomas and the other RB who got kicked off team before last season is partly to blame.

10 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Were you this durn mad after Clemson '16 and/or '17? 

Were you this durn mad after UGA '16? 

Were you this durn mad after OU Sugar Bowl '17? 

Were you this durn mad after LSU '17?

Is it just the $13.25 Million ransom or is it simply Saban's manipulation of the CFP selection that's got you this durn mad?

I'm just trying to understand.

Like everybody else AU I hate that Bama got in for accomplishing nothing but Ohio St had a lousy resume too with 2 bad losses.

14 hours ago, doug3020 said:

Please no. I live in OKC. OU fans are much like turd fans. 

I'm from Oklahoma too, but live in Alabama now. Yes the sooner fans are like the turds. They think OU will beat every team they play every time. Nobody had the history they do, oh and the big time coaches. Just like in Alabama, the further you get from the big city the worse it gets. If you have another teams gear on don't stop and get gas in the country.

Think about it like this

When we hired Gus we were on a long term plan for him, as the program was in shambles. 

Year 1: 12-2, SEC Champs, national runner up with Nick Marshall who was supposed to basically give us a steady hand for 2 years before Jeremy Johnson (4* QB with an arm) took the reigns. Expectations were shattered, prior to the 2013 season many were hoping to win 6 games and get to a bowl (me included. We were coming off a 3 win season...) 

Year 2: if we were looking at the original time line, year 2 would've been good with 8 wins being 2 years removed from 3. We actually reached that mark but because of overachieving the prior year this was a deflating 8 win year as we could've achieved more without internal turmoil. Either way these 1st 2 years with Marshall were meant to be an easing in process for Gus to get more of his guys in here and let his freshman QB grow. 

Year 3: Ok when we hired Gus I think it was reasonable to expect year 3 to be where we shoot for 10 wins. Jeremy Johnson melted down and the kid who wasn't supposed to play until 2017 was forced into action and SW did perform admirably given the circumstances. However this really messed up our trajectory as instead of having a junior at QB who had been prepping to take the reigns flopped and we had to throw a freshman in there at the most critical position. Expectations: ~10 wins, we barely get 7. 

Year 4: Ok time to really contend for the west at this point. Original plan had us with a senior JJ leading the charge here, but SW is our guy and Gus spent most of the off-season trying to make JF3 the starter to the detriment of the best QB on the roster and offense in general. The poor planning led to Gus being on the hot seat mid-season. We go on a roll and have the opportunity to make the Iron Bowl a winner take the West game but injuries and poor coaching derail us before we get there. We finish 2nd in the west in underwhelming fashion, and this may be Gus' worst job as a coach since he's been at AU based on how he handled things because our D was coming into its own, he didn't even know Pettway could play RB, etc.. 

Year 5: SW was supposed to be taking his first starting snaps for us this year, but we grab an awesome QB from Baylor instead. After a slow start to the season Gus had the team knocking on the door of the playoffs with a real shot at making it before injuries slowed us down. SEC West Champs. Beat top ranked Bama and UGA. Had to play Clemson on the road. This was a really, really good season. 

TLDR: we haven't followed the course exactly but 5 years ago if you said Gus would have us in the top 4 during conference championship week in year 5 we all would've been ecstatic - - as 5 years in the program has Gus' fingerprints on it 100%. It has been an interesting road and while there are some glaring weaknesses you cannot argue with 2 SEC West rings, 1 SEC championship in a 5 year period in the SEC West (during its peak arguably)  with the program looking to be as solid as possible on both sides of the ball. 5 years in he has the program in much better shape than he found it. 

Edit: some things I didn't mention, like the defenses turnaround

13 hours ago, aubaseball said:

Exactly.   Everything went right in the first game and just about everything went wrong in the second game

And UGA felt the same way in the DSOR #1 at JHS, where everything went wrong for them.

Two damn good teams went head to head with the chance to advance and make a run for an NC.

You lost all credibility when you tried to have a serious post using the word “durn” to describe your frustration.

Archived