On to UCF

DAG

I remain amazed that so many people really give a crap about what bama or dawg fans have to say. 

If the crowing achievement of their lives....or that of some of our fans consists of bragging about the outcome of a football game that neither actually played in....my gosh....that's downright pitiful all the way around far as I can tell. :sad2:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some fans might not care, but this game is very important for perception of this program.

Exactly. Another top 10 team who’s undefeated to beat. A solid win over them will validate some of the claims that Auburn was beat up vs UGA. Gets us momentum for the following season as well. Let’s get our back to back 10 win seasons baby!

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I remain amazed that so many people really give a crap about what bama or dawg fans have to say. 

If the crowing achievement of their lives....or that of some of our fans consists of bragging about the outcome of a football game that neither actually played in....my gosh....that's downright pitiful all the way around far as I can tell. :sad2:

Hate to break it to you, but since AU just decided to pay our HC  over 7 million per year just made foolish the notion that AU is not a football factory in terms of athletics and that winning football games is the biggest priority in the athletic department.  That includes beating your rivals more than just occasionally and winning SEC Championships became more of an expected result instead of "it is OK just to get their every 5 years or so".  Just as winning 10 regular season game should be expected. There are no more excuses for not winning.  AU is paying with the biggest of boys.  

FWIW, I don't care what UGA or spuat fans say at all.  I only care what happens on the field when we play them.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Hate to break it to you, but since AU just decided to pay our HC  over 7 million per year just made foolish the notion that AU is not a football factory in terms of athletics and that winning football games is the biggest priority in the athletic department.  That includes beating your rivals more than just occasionally and winning SEC Championships became more of an expected result instead of "it is OK just to get their every 5 years or so".  Just as winning 10 regular season game should be expected. There are no more excuses for not winning.  AU is paying with the biggest of boys.  

FWIW, I don't care what UGA or spuat fans say at all.  I only care what happens on the field when we play them.

wde

I'm good with that statement in bold print but everything else.....well that's just your view and you ae welcome to it though I think you are way more strident on the subject than is necessary or warranted.  

But....the thought that AU fans are letting bammers and dawgs ruin their days....and weeks....or that they feel the need to even respond to those people......that is just painful and laughable too. .    

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I'm good with that statement in bold print but everything else.....well that's just your view and you ae welcome to it though I think you are way more strident on the subject than is necessary or warranted.  

But....the thought that AU fans are letting bammers and dawgs ruin their days....and weeks....or that they feel the need to even respond to those people......that is just painful and laughable too. .    

I agree with you about the bold part as well.  I would feel the same way if we had just hired anyone as HC, not just because Gus is getting it.  AU is paying for championships.  We always have actually, but now, there is no debate.

wde

51 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some fans might not care, but this game is very important for perception of this program.

Oh it means quite a bit to me. It has for the past 30 years or so. What I meant by them being right is...yeah, we beat them, then got embarrassed when we had a chance to put an exclamaton point on the season. Then they backdoored their way in. Either way ....they're in. We're not. It still won't take the win over bammer away,  but you won't win any arguments against them because they're numb to it now. They're winning NCs. WDE either way. 

So... it looks like Frost and his Nebraska coaching staff (which is apparently made up entirely of his UCF staff) are going to be coaching UCF for the bowl game. That should make for an interesting dynamic. Do the guys get up one last time for their exiting coach, or are they mad at him for leaving and taking everyone with him?

20 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So... it looks like Frost and his Nebraska coaching staff (which is apparently made up entirely of his UCF staff) are going to be coaching UCF for the bowl game. That should make for an interesting dynamic. Do the guys get up one last time for their exiting coach, or are they mad at him for leaving and taking everyone with him?

Guess I'm betting they try to keep their perfect season alive and win one for the coach who helped get them to the Peach Bowl.   This is a historic moment for that school.....if they can make to 13-0

Hope no one at AU is expecting that UCF will just go through the motions. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Guess I'm betting they try to keep their perfect season alive and win one for the coach who helped get them to the Peach Bowl.   This is a historic moment for that school.....if they can make to 13-0

Hope no one at AU is expecting that UCF will just go through the motions. 

I doubt anyone is... but it will take a herculean effort on their part to take down a top SEC school. Their talent just doesn't match up. We'd have to just be going through the motions for them to not need a perfect game.

Still... my experience is that college kids, these days, don't care about historic moments, and if they have a beef with Frost, it could be ugly for UCF.

59 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I doubt anyone is... but it will take a herculean effort on their part to take down a top SEC school. Their talent just doesn't match up. We'd have to just be going through the motions for them to not need a perfect game.

Still... my experience is that college kids, these days, don't care about historic moments, and if they have a beef with Frost, it could be ugly for UCF.

So you are implying that the Georgia game or bama game is just another ballgame to our players?      I agree there should be no way that UCF beats AU but that kind of stuff happens regularly in bowl games.

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So you are implying that the Georgia game or bama game is just another ballgame to our players?      I agree there should be no way that UCF beats AU but that kind of stuff happens regularly in bowl games.

Utah vs turds

The players play hard for Gus and love him. I think we all can agree on this. I honestly see us being pumped for the game and ready to play with a huge chip on our shoulder. Put UCF in the SEC for 2017, and they would likely go 7-5 or 8-4 with a lot of help.

I see this team in the frame of mind to finish what they started and will fight all 60 minutes. I do not think we will shut out UCF, but I think we can keep them between 14-28 points. We score 40-52 points of which will likely be 28 each half. I think our defense rattles their QB early and often. They have not played anyone close to Auburn and really have no idea of what they are really up against.

Let's stop all of this "I am scared stuff and take off of the woe is me glasses" and put on the prize fighter glasses. You can bet this team will have on their prize fighter glasses; each and everyone on of our young men.  I am not sure if our players read this stuff we post, but I sure as heck hope they read my post and take every word to heart come Jan 1st.

This team is very good and good enough to lay the woodshed on UCF all 60 minutes!

Auburn 49  UCF 26

4 hours ago, AU64 said:

Not sure how you got that from what I said, but to answer your question, they don't care about it because it's a "historic moment". They care because they want to win championships and beat the best. When there are no championships to be won, the motivation falls away. Look at 2014. Attitude took what could have been a championship season and killed it, because they lost one and had locker room squabbles.

The current generation of college students is very feelings driven and if they feel slighted, they can be self destructive (see the softball mess). A coach walking away and taking his whole staff with him could trigger something like that. UCF could play lights out, or the could give the collective middle finger to the guy who'd rather be at Nebraska than stay with them.

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Utah vs turds

Actually a great example of what I'm talking about. There was no motivation for bama in that game because all they wanted was a championship, do they played half-hearted.

Our D is WAY better than anything they’ve seen all year. I expect to make them 1 dimensional and then get after that QB. The UCF OL has done very well this year, but they’ve never seen anything like what’s coming Jan 1!!!  On O we should win the LOS setting up the balance we like and opening things up on them to put up huge yards and points. The UCF D is not very good at all and we should be healthy.  We should win by at least 2 TDs.  If our D completely shuts them down, this could get real ugly!

Is UCF ranked higher than LSU for example  because of their record .....or because voters actually think they are a better team ?

I've read a couple of UCF boards, and they are considering this their National Championship game.  They sound a lot like bammers in the fact that if they win they are claiming it.

13 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I've read a couple of UCF boards, and they are considering this their National Championship game.  They sound a lot like bammers in the fact that if they win they are claiming it.

It is their national championship and can be our embarrassment, if we don’t come out with intensity . Again , UGA vs Hawaii style.

Auburn will be prepared, they will get down to business and beat them where it counts >>>>>> in the dam trenches.  We won't need any fancy schmancy gimmicks to whip this team, beat at the point of attack on the lines, wear them down and run all over them.  That skinny little QB has no idea what's headed his way.  :cool:

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Is UCF ranked higher than LSU for example  because of their record .....or because voters actually think they are a better team ?

Record.  They have literally played no one of any consequence.  The only two ranked teams that they played were Memphis and South Florida.  Memphis played no ranked teams except UCF and lost both times, badly the second time. South Florida also played no ranked teams but UCF and only lost by 7. UCF has not played a single team with a laudable pass rush.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Record.  They have literally played no one of any consequence.  The only two ranked teams that they played were Memphis and South Florida.  Memphis played no ranked teams except UCF and lost both times, badly the second time. South Florida also played no ranked teams but UCF and only lost by 7. UCF has not played a single team with a laudable pass rush.

I agree though it's not supposed to be that way.. 

Yet, here they are ranked higher than probably a half dozen teams that could beat them 8 out of 10 times......but alas, those other two games could be embarrassing .....as per a number of examples given earlier.  SO....I will watch the game and hope AU has it's act together and goes out there to prove something. 

Meanwhile my favorite two weeks of the year are around the corner.....the Advent of Christmas and bowl games every day and twice some days.   No game is to insignificant for me to at least take a look at even if I don't stay for the entire game.    A football fans idea of heaven. :)

20 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I just keep seeing that Houston-FSU game a couple of years ago. Can’t let something like that happen!

I think it's more likely that UCF comes in half-hearted than Auburn does. Our guys will finally be healthy and have a chip on their shoulder from losing the SEC Championship. I also expect to see Chip take advantage of bowl practice to add some new wrinkles.

Archived