Oklahoma RB facing rape charges

AlaskanFAN

OU’s top RB Rodney Anderson is potentially  facing rape charges.  Charges not filed today, but a Emmergency Order of Protection was filed today stemming from a 16 November incident. Could be huge for the playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21676086/oklahoma-sooners-rb-rodney-anderson-facing-rape-allegation

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Mixon was not accused or convicted of rape. 

This is an accusation, charges have not been filed...and if they are this kid is still innocent until proven guilty.  Just like our guys.

Mixon was guilty of knocking a college girl out. Video evidence...

Anderson has multiple texts originating from the victim after the date of the allegation whereby she is communicating desperately for him to have any sort of social relationship with him.  He rebuffed her.

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Pretty sure that's not rape.

It’s assault, he broke four bones. who cares if it’s not rape. It was still thuggish.  Supposedly a reason for the hit was because she wouldn’t go home with “his boys.”

59 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It’s assault, he broke four bones. who cares if it’s not rape. It was still thuggish.  Supposedly a reason for the hit was because she wouldn’t go home with “his boys.”

I don't think it's about caring if was rape or not. There is a big difference though. A woman will heal from broken bones but I would imagine a rape victim would always have that memory burned into her mind. I would think any woman who was ever raped would trade it for broken bones any day. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

A woman will heal from broken bones but I would imagine a rape victim would always have that memory burned into her mind. I would think any woman who was ever raped would trade it for broken bones any day. 

I never said assault or domestic violence was just as bad as rape. I really don’t think we have to have this conversation.

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I never said assault or domestic violence was just as bad as rape. I really don’t think we have to have this conversation.

Ah, yours was the first response, from the hip, and now you don't want to discuss it.

All violence against women is complete bull**** and deserving of castration.  False claims of such is equally unacceptable.

For the record I am not a fan of anything OU related...just truth.

“This week we have worked to demonstrate Mr. Anderson’s innocence,” Chance said in the statement. “That work included a polygraph examination of Mr. Anderson. The examination was conducted Tuesday afternoon by retired FBI polygraph examiner Bill Brown. As expected, the results showed Mr. Anderson is honest and truthful in his denial of the allegations.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-football-rodney-anderson-passes-polygraph-test-involving-rape-accusation/article_10472098-e3ab-5811-9b75-caa3ae645fd6.html

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

“This week we have worked to demonstrate Mr. Anderson’s innocence,” Chance said in the statement. “That work included a polygraph examination of Mr. Anderson. The examination was conducted Tuesday afternoon by retired FBI polygraph examiner Bill Brown. As expected, the results showed Mr. Anderson is honest and truthful in his denial of the allegations.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextra/ousportsextra/ou-football-rodney-anderson-passes-polygraph-test-involving-rape-accusation/article_10472098-e3ab-5811-9b75-caa3ae645fd6.html

Truth is sometimes hard to find.  JMO but we live in dangerous times when the male is pretty much automatically considered to be guilty in any domestic dispute ranging from harassment to rape.  

Regrettably the odds favor that being true but there are enough instances otherwise to make it risky to pre-judge a situation without facts or proof... though the media and public in general seems willing to do that. . 

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Polygraphs don't stand up to testing.  They aren't admissible as evidence in court for a reason.

Polygraphs are used extensively by police dpartments and other agencies because they are very reliable. They aren't foolproof, but the are a good measure. 

If there are texts from the girl wanting a relationship, after the supposed encounter occorred, and he passes a lie-detector test, no way I would sit him without some evidence other than her word. 

My point was that a topic was started to insinuate that a program or a player is the wrong.   It’s the same reason everyone that’s associated with auburn was accusing everyone during the Cam situation.  

6 hours ago, tiger88 said:

Polygraphs are used extensively by police dpartments and other agencies because they are very reliable. They aren't foolproof, but the are a good measure. 

Polygraphs are not reliable. They are tools of interrogation. Your info is incorrect.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Polygraphs are not reliable. They are tools of interrogation. Your info is incorrect.

You're playing silly semantics. Is your logic that something must be 100% reliable to be considered reliable? 

If they aren't "reliable", why are they used as interrogation tools? 

They aren't reliable enough to be used in court, but they are reliable enough to be an effective tool in investigations. 

10 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Seems legit....

"Of course, as with most things in a courtroom, every rule has its exception. In the rare instance that both parties agree that the results of a polygraph exam should be admissible for some reason, the court could allow it as evidence. Polygraphs are also commonly used as part of the screening process for certain types of jobs, such as law enforcement and some high level security positions."

14 hours ago, tiger88 said:

You're playing silly semantics. Is your logic that something must be 100% reliable to be considered reliable? 

If they aren't "reliable", why are they used as interrogation tools? 

They aren't reliable enough to be used in court, but they are reliable enough to be an effective tool in investigations. 

They are used as interrogation tools because rubes that submit to them don't know that they aren't reliable. Authorities use them to say "You are lying! The machine says so. Now tell the truth."

Anyone that thinks that polygraphs are anything other than junk science should do some Googling.  While Googling, be sure and also Google on Aldrich Ames.  Other terms would be "fool polygraph", or "beat" or "pass" polygraph. Also "polygraph junk science."

Polygraphs don't work. Never have. New technology (functional MRI scans of the brain, etc.) may change that and allow us to one day tell reliably if someone is lying, but polygraphs as currently implemented and used? Nope. Not ever.

(There are no silly semantics in my comments on this subject.)

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, aujeff11 said:

Watching that video, seems to be the reason for the hit was that she smacked him first and he reacted by smacking her back. His smack trumped her smack.

34 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Watching that video, seems to be the reason for the hit was that she smacked him first and he reacted by smacking her back. His smack trumped her smack.

Apparently she didn’t like the pressure he kept putting on her. And he didn’t just smack her.

Archived