Muschamp fires OC Kurt Roper

AlaskanFAN

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21688087/south-carolina-gamecocks-fire-offensive-coordinator-kurt-roper

Muschamp fires offensive coordinator Kurt Roper ahead of bowl game

South Carolina announced the firing of offensive coordinator Kurt Roper on Wednesday.

Co-offensive coordinator Bryan McClendon will call offensive plays for the Gamecocks in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1 against Michigan. Coach Will Muschamp will not name Roper's replacement until after the bowl game.

Roper spent the past two seasons at South Carolina and also coached with Muschamp at Florida in 2014.

Roper was among the top candidates for the head-coaching vacancy at Rice, his alma mater, but the school is planning to hire Stanford offensive coordinator Mike Bloomgren. An official announcement is expected later Wednesday.

Did not see that coming. Wonder who CWM will get for his OC?  I am sure he will try his best to get someone good. I would not be surprised if he goes after Longo at Ole Miss due to OM woes.

Surprised the guy made it this long.....had no offense at UF and nothing as USCe either....even with a pretty good QB available the offense stunk..     So maybe Lashlee?  

46 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I wonder how much QB1DAD (Bobby) plays into this?

Forgot about that......I am betting it was  a lot since he is on the staff.....maybe the next OC ? 

22 hours ago, AU64 said:

Surprised the guy made it this long.....had no offense at UF and nothing as USCe either....even with a pretty good QB available the offense stunk..     So maybe Lashlee?  

How in the  world Muschamp didn't figure out his lack of offensive prowess the first time is beyond me.

Archived