Secret Santa

Barnacle

Idea just kind of struck me - we ought to set up a Secret Santa for this board. There is a website that will set everything up for free - as far as matching users up. It will then allow you to anonymously send messages to the user you've matched with, asking some general questions. 

Either that, or we could find out who's interested and do the ole fashioned names in a hat, and I could just message everyone letting them know who they got. Especially between the folks on this board, I actually think this could be fun and/or interesting.

You can send beer in the mail, right?

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Idea just kind of struck me - we ought to set up a Secret Santa for this board. There is a website that will set everything up for free - as far as matching users up. It will then allow you to anonymously send messages to the user you've matched with, asking some general questions. 

Either that, or we could find out who's interested and do the ole fashioned names in a hat, and I could just message everyone letting them know who they got. Especially between the folks on this board, I actually think this could be fun and/or interesting.

Not, I believe, from Alabama without lying.

My neighborhood, USPS specifically asks re: alcohol when they accept the package. (I have shipped wine, with a clean conscience, by declaring "salad dressing" under the "assumption" that it might be vinegar before crossing the state line?)

'course, my neighborhood, I don't have access to much others can't get on their own.

35 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

You can send beer via UPS/Fedex. If they ask what’s in your package, just say snow globes, salsa, etc. If it breaks, they confiscate it.

I wouldn’t send it USPS. 

I put down "live yeast cultures" if asked.

And I always ship UPS. Everything in it's own gallon storage baggy, triple wrapped in bubble wrap, double boxed. 

Timing is bad for me just b/c things are a little chaotic ATM. Nothing bad. Mainly just need to get a house bought and get moved into it. 

Love the idea, though. For real. 

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think it’s probably too late, personally. Should’ve floated this idea around Thanksgiving, I think. 

Probably right. 

Next year, then.

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think it’s probably too late, personally. Should’ve floated this idea around Thanksgiving, I think. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Probably right. 

Next year, then.

Not to late here. You guys get some practice for next year.......................ship me a bunch of beer.

21 hours ago, Barnacle said:

humm

Archived