Back to Back 10 win Seasons

aujeff11

26 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

We are not losing to A&M in his first year. If we do, we have bigger problems than just amen corner and a few toss-ups. 

until we show we can beat TAMU at home I will be worried. They got a major upgrade at coach as well.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

until we show we can beat TAMU at home I will be worried. They got a major upgrade at coach as well.

Like I said earlier, there has to be a culture shock first. Will be very different going from Sumlin to Fisher. Secondly, Fisher was a great coach but he seems little washed up. Did FSU put up a fight to keep him? Why did some FSU players say he either goes or I will go? He may be okay but like I said, I don’t imagine much damage from him year one. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Like I said earlier, there has to be a culture shock first. Will be very different going from Sumlin to Fisher. Secondly, Fisher was a great coach but he seems little washed up. Did FSU put up a fight to keep him? Why did some FSU players say he either goes or I will go? He may be okay but like I said, I don’t imagine much damage from him year one. 

well for one thing not many schools are willing to pony up 10 years 75 mill fully guaranteed. He won 10 games 6 years out of 8 at FSU. Washed up? I do not think so.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Also talent was not the issue at TAMU. sumlin recruited great. I do not think there will be that big of a rebuild as you think. Starkel is a really good passer and the kind of QB jimbo would recruit and groom anyways. Kellen Mond will probaly transfer. Culture shock? now that I agree with. common theme of sumlin teams were they are soft. That def will not be the case with jimbo. It will take time to turn them in to a very physical team I agree with you on. But that offense will be dynamic next year.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

well for one thing not many schools are willing to pony up 10 years 75 mill fully guaranteed. He won 10 games 6 years out of 8 at FSU. Washed up? I do not think so.

The contract just proved they have a lot of money....not necessarily that they made a good decision.  Not sure how he will fit with their culture...JMO

10 games in back to back years. It's happened in our history. 

Hopefully we will be ready game 1 and don't need to take a few weeks to get things figured out. 

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

10 games in back to back years. It's happened in our history. 

Once, over 25 years ago. Think we all agree it’s time for that to change. Gus would be in elite company as far as Auburn coaches go if he does it.

It will be tough for Gus to get to 10 next year without a bowl win or another chance at SEC champ game..

The SEC away games at GA and Alabama will be tough to win..Gus has to show he can win on the road against top 10 ranked SEC teams. 

His unknown games will be TaM and UT...win those and his first 5 to start the season and the Miss schools...he has a chance. 

Just now, steeleagle said:

It will be tough for Gus to get to 10 next year without a bowl win or another chance at SEC champ game..

The SEC away games at GA and Alabama will be tough to win..Gus has to show he can win on the road against top 10 ranked SEC teams. 

His unknown games will be TaM and UT...win those and his first 5 to start the season and the Miss schools...he has a chance. 

why do you think UT is a unknown game? I think we smoke them personally. No  good QB for them? No problem for us.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

why do you think UT is a unknown game? I think we smoke them personally. No  good QB for them? No problem for us.

Pruitt coming in reminds me of when Dye took over in 82..

teams that played Au that year, struggled b/c Dye had that D playing hard..and they had to earn those wins..

Pruitt will have that D to me in the same mode...And I agree their O will still be lead by an inexperienced QB...

I just think our team better be on...

Considering all the new coaches on our schedule and the league in general.... IMO it should be bama, auburn and georgia next season....other than that, the SEC has a bunch of mystery teams who might finish anywhere.  

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Pruitt coming in reminds me of when Dye took over in 82..

teams that played Au that year, struggled b/c Dye had that D playing hard..and they had to earn those wins..

Pruitt will have that D to me in the same mode...And I agree their O will still be lead by an inexperienced QB...

I just think our team better be on...

all right. That is a totally fair take. I think the defense will play hard buuuuuuuuuut IDK if the talent is there. But yes once he gets his recruits in there on defense they will be a force.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

It's a little early to be looking ahead to next years schedule but that is one brutal schedule.

To be a SECw team that is required to have a P5 OOC opponent, the schedule couldn’t get any better without actually becomjng the next Wisconsin. I mean, 4 of our SEC opponents have new HC’s and another is under NCAA sanctions and losing their legit players. 

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

To be a SECw team that is required to have a P5 OOC opponent, the schedule couldn’t get any better without actually becomjng the next Wisconsin. I mean, 4 of our SEC opponents have new HC’s and another is under NCAA sanctions and losing their legit players. 

I'm actually thinking the schedule doesn't look all that bad given all the shaking up that's gone on.

36 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I'm actually thinking the schedule doesn't look all that bad given all the shaking up that's gone on.

I agree,,,but just remember out of the ashes always come one team with a new coach that becomes the surprise...(ala GM and his first team in 2013)....right?

It always happens...just hope it is a team we don't play or we only play at home..

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah I was thinking this seems like a fairly favorable schedule for us. Toughest games being Bama and UGA of course 

8 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I agree,,,but just remember out of the ashes always come one team with a new coach that becomes the surprise...(ala GM and his first team in 2013)....right?

It always happens...just hope it is a team we don't play or we only play at home..

Well, it won't be OM....they're done for the foreseable future. MooSt will be pretty underwhelming still IMO.  I'm really not all that concerned with Jimbo in year 1. Same with Meathead at UTk. Not to diminish what Gus accomplished in '13, but Nick Marshall fell into his lap and he came up with a brilliant way to use his skill set. Man I miss that old innovative Gus.

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I was thinking this seems like a fairly favorable schedule for us. Toughest games being Bama and UGA of course 

That's probably going to be the situation for a while ......but ....I haven't looked at who might be leaving those teams after this season. 

Kirby still playing with Richts's players and while I hear he is a good recruiter, he has not had to play much with his own guys.   Not going to judge him as a recruiter until we see the players on the field.   I've lost track of the number of 4* and 5* HS recruits in the SEC who never started a game....

Jimbo is the only new coach who bothers me. much....only one who has actually coached some big time football.....and who appears to have inherited some talent too.  

Saw a write up today where Davidson talking about coming back harder on th line next year. He mentioned that hopefully Holland and Russell would return also. Said they had talked about it.

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont know if we can ever get back to back 10 win seasons until I see it, but we should be there right now honestly. Its an atrocity we lost 5 in 2014, and its a shame we lost 5 last year

Ask Jimbo how it is when you lose your starting QB to injury.  2014 we shot for the moon and didn't finish after the butt fumble snap

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That's probably going to be the situation for a while ......but ....I haven't looked at who might be leaving those teams after this season. 

Kirby still playing with Richts's players and while I hear he is a good recruiter, he has not had to play much with his own guys.   Not going to judge him as a recruiter until we see the players on the field.   I've lost track of the number of 4* and 5* HS recruits in the SEC who never started a game....

Jimbo is the only new coach who bothers me. much....only one who has actually coached some big time football.....and who appears to have inherited some talent too.  

From offense standpoint, the Aggies will be okay. Jimbo has his prototype in mind. My issue is their defense. Who will be the DC? Will keep 3rd and Chavis around?

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

From offense standpoint, the Aggies will be okay. Jimbo has his prototype in mind. My issue is their defense. Who will be the DC? Will keep 3rd and Chavis around?

I am fine with Chavis....after his last few seasons I'm wondering if the game has passed him by...especially the more wide open offenses.  Good with me if Jimbo keeps him and his $ million + salary

Archived