2018 3* JuCo CB Benjie Franklin

ellitor

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

A JUCO that can't enroll early is, well, less than the same guy if he could enroll early. That's disappointing.

His grades are the reason he is in juco. There are people in Texas that say he was a big time stud out of high school & his grades were his only drawback. If he really is a big time stud he will be a good get whether we get him in January, May, or July.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

His grades are the reason he is in juco. There are people in Texas that say he was a big time stud out of high school & his grades were his only drawback. If he really is a big time stud he will be a good get whether we get him in January, May, or July.

Yes but.... he knew the deal with grades from the get-go. I take it as somewhat irresponsible to not get his grades in order when he knows that getting to enroll early will be a big benefit to himself and his future team.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:56 PM, Mikey said:

Yes but.... he knew the deal with grades from the get-go. I take it as somewhat irresponsible to not get his grades in order when he knows that getting to enroll early will be a big benefit to himself and his future team.

With all due respect that's an unfair judgement without knowing all the facts. He could have been so far behind after high school that he may have needed more than a year & a half JuCo semesters to get qualified. Irresponsible through high school possibly. Irresponsible in juco.TBD.

On 12/17/2017 at 11:01 PM, ellitor said:

With all due respect that's an unfair judgement without knowing all the facts. He could have been so far behind after high school that he may have needed more than a year & a half JuCo semesters to get qualified. Irresponsible through high school yes. Irresponsible in juco.TBD.

My nephew suffered some extremely serious family/life trauma as a freshman in HS which set him back years (lost a younger brother in a tragic accident and his mother was incapacitated for a year).  He worked hard his last 2 years but wasn't able to overcome the deep hole - missed out on some great opportunities and had to ride out his first 2 years in Juco in Missouri.  Was eventually able to turn that into a d2 scholly and just finished starting at LT in the playoffs for Ft Hays State.  Some players are just plain lazy, but some people deal with all kinds of unimaginable struggles.

37 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

My nephew suffered some extremely serious family/life trauma as a freshman in HS which set him back years (lost a younger brother in a tragic accident and his mother was incapacitated for a year).  He worked hard his last 2 years but wasn't able to overcome the deep hole - missed out on some great opportunities and had to ride out his first 2 years in Juco in Missouri.  Was eventually able to turn that into a d2 scholly and just finished starting at LT in the playoffs for Ft Hays State.  Some players are just plain lazy, but some people deal with all kinds of unimaginable struggles.

Great story. I have a player that is now at Navarro JC(Benji's School) because of something very similar. 

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

Thank you! Point here is I may have assumed too much saying irresponsible through high school. Forgive me Benjie!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 1:33 PM, ellitor said:

Forgot to post this earlier but Benjie was named 1st Team JuCo All American Corner for this season.

It appears we are out of it for Benjie.  He has cancelled his visit.  Does that mean we don't like the Juco route or we have something up our sleeve?  Even as a Juco that is a huge talent to turn away.  E you have any insight.  I was really wanting him even as a short term guy.

7 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

It appears we are out of it for Benjie.  He has cancelled his visit.  Does that mean we don't like the Juco route or we have something up our sleeve?  Even as a Juco that is a huge talent to turn away.  E you have any insight.  I was really wanting him even as a short term guy.

If true, this makes me feel better about our chances with Griffin (no inside knowledge behind that)

28 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

I remember reading in an article @ellitor posted that Auburn was moving on from Juco cornerbacks and focusing on high school players. If I am incorrect, correct me.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

AU cancelled the visit. We are taking 1 more CB now instead of 2 due to the numbers crunch and the staff wants that 1 to come from high school. At the very worst I think we get a Grad Transfer CB as a 2nd Corner & he can count in the 2019 class while playing the 2018 season.

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

I remember reading in an article @ellitor posted that Auburn was moving on from Juco cornerbacks and focusing on high school players. If I am incorrect, correct me.

Correct on the info but not the source. I never posted it. What I did do the other day though is change the number of added takes at CB in the OP of the 2018 Recruiting Thread from 2 to 1.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Correct on the info but not the source. I never posted it. What I did do the other day though is change the number of added takes at CB in the OP of the 2018 Recruiting Thread from 2 to 1.

Thanks for the correction. 

Archived