Harrassed By Doug Jones

Texan4Auburn

Anyone else having issues with Doug Jones and gang blowing up their phone with calls and text multiple times a day? I have informed them multiple times, including calling his party office, that I am not the person they are asking for and that I am a registered voter in the state of Texas. I have requested that they stop contacting me for those reasons. Instead I am now being contacted by representatives of Kelvin Lawrence.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Anyone else having issues with Doug Jones and gang blowing up their phone with calls and text multiple times a day? I have informed them multiple times, including calling his party office, that I am not the person they are asking for and that I am a registered voter in the state of Texas. I have requested that they stop contacting me for those reasons. Instead I am now being contacted by representatives of Kelvin Lawrence.

This is nothing. I had friends in Georgia during the house special election last year. 

Yep, been contacted several times by Doug Jones affiliates via text. I reported each offense as spam and blocked the number.

It's times like this I'm reminded that we aren't used to competitive races in this state. We're spoiled. Welcome to a little taste of being a swing state. 

Only offers from the ACLU to transport me to register.  lol

29 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Wow.  You Alabamians are really a weak lot.

Would be best if you seceded and just were left to rot on your own devices once California, New York, and Virginia no longer pay your bills.

This is a great idea !  Best way to kill the Progressive ideology.

47 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Would be best if you seceded and just were left to rot on your own devices once California, New York, and Virginia no longer pay your bills.

Hey now. Some of us are trying very hard to modernize. 

19 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

This is a great idea !  Best way to kill the Progressive ideology.

Those states would keep chugging along just fine without us. We are among the largest beneficiaries of their largesse. 

51 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

War Eagle

2 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Those states would keep chugging along just fine without us. We are among the largest beneficiaries of their largesse. 

I don't want Alabama dependent on Federal redistribution of any kind.

3 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Yes, you do.  Alabama in it's current form could not sustain itself without federal funding help.  If that were to be cut off today, Alabama would be in really dire financial shape.

5 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

Well, tough luck. We are and we need it. We couldn't afford a lot of things otherwise. Hell, I work in a non-profit Children's hospital. Have any idea how ****** we would be without said funding? 

12 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Well, tough luck. We are and we need it. We couldn't afford a lot of things otherwise. Hell, I work in a non-profit Children's hospital. Have any idea how ****** we would be without said funding? 

To expound on this, here's the 2017 list of states in order by dependency on the federal government.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

The Top 10 is below.  Notice a trend?  (Hint: it's predominantly red states)

Rank
(1 = Most Dependent)

State

Total Score

‘State Residents’ Dependency’ Rank

‘State Government’s Dependency’ Rank

1 Kentucky 76.16 6 5
2 Mississippi 75.59 7 1
3 New Mexico 73.88 3 17
4 Alabama 72.45 4 14
5 West Virginia 68.97 5 15
6 South Carolina 68.17 2 31
7 Montana 65.91 14 4
8 Tennessee 61.76 20 3
9 Maine 61.02 13 9
10 Indiana 59.18 7 23

32 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

To expound on this, here's the 2017 list of states in order by dependency on the federal government.

https://wallethub.com/edu/states-most-least-dependent-on-the-federal-government/2700/

The Top 10 is below.  Notice a trend?  (Hint: it's predominantly red states)

For all of the screaming about small government they do, they'd scream bloody murder the minute the blue states stopped subsidizing them. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

For all of the screaming about small government they do, they'd scream bloody murder the minute the blue states stopped subsidizing them. 

Those screams are from the insanely ignorant. They will keep coming and blaming the same non issues.

On 12/9/2017 at 3:38 PM, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Surely you kid. California is bankrupt and NY does well to support it's welfare rolls.

21 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Surely you kid. California is bankrupt and NY does well to support it's welfare rolls.

Well that isn't true. California has the world's 6th largest economy by itself when measured against other countries. It's true their debt per capita is higher than ours, but their GDP per capita also is way higher. We also currently have a revenue shortfall while they do not.

Not to mention states can't technically go bankrupt. 

11 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's ridiculous.

You need to turn off Fox and come out of your cave.    Welfare recipients are concentrated in red states, particularly the deep south.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Proof. I doubt CA sends one cent to Alabama.

What they are talking about is that CA (among other states) sends more money to the federal government in taxes than they get back from the federal government for various programs and such.  Alabama on the other hand receives more money from the federal gov't than they send to it in federal taxes.  Thus the case can be made that states like CA, NY and so on who pay more than they receive back are subsidizing states like AL who receive back more than they pay.

Archived