Harrassed By Doug Jones

Texan4Auburn

6 minutes ago, Elephant Tipper said:

NO, I don't want Alabama to be dependent on federal monies as apparently the two of you do.  I prefer that Alabama get off the big gov't. heroin and become self-sufficient again.

And you missed the point.  I would love to stop paying for Alabama's financial stupidity since I live in Texas.  But Alabama would be in financial ruin if it ""got off the government heroin" at this point.  Want Alabama to become more self-sufficient?  Go yell at your elected local leaders.  Republicans control everything in Alabama and have for a while.

Want a better Republican financial model for your state?  Look no further than where I live.  Alabama is the 4th most dependent state on the federal government for cash.  Texas is 35.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

And you missed the point.  I would love to stop paying for Alabama's financial stupidity since I live in Texas.  But Alabama would be in financial ruin if it ""got off the government heroin" at this point.  Want Alabama to become more self-sufficient?  Go yell at your elected local leaders.  Republicans control everything in Alabama and have for a while.

Want a better Republican financial model for your state?  Look no further than where I live.  Alabama is the 4th most dependent state on the federal government for cash.  Texas is 35.

NO, again.  I didn't miss any point.  I live here, you don't.  I'm more familiar with the dilemmas than you.  Just worry with

Texuuus. how about it and stay out of Alabama.

1 hour ago, Elephant Tipper said:

NO, again.  I didn't miss any point.  I live here, you don't.  I'm more familiar with the dilemmas than you.  Just worry with

Texuuus. how about it and stay out of Alabama.

I've spent two-thirds of my life in Alabama and the vast majority of my family still lives there, as well as the university that I love.  The state's mismanagement of funds is absolutely a concern.

And you've shown no evidence via a cogent argument that you indeed get the point I was originally making.

Archived