Thinking Ahead: If Moore Elected...

DKW 86

What do you folks think the Senator Moore election will be like? 

I am expecting the know-nothings in AL to elect this incredibly flawed man, lets just call him GWII.

I am going on record for the 4th time: I am EXPECTING (I dont know of anything yet) some kind of devastating announcement about 1-2 months after he manages a win Tuesday. I fully expect there to be a child somewhere or something like that, of that magnitude. Maybe a payoff to a mom maybe? An old restraining order that didnt get washed out etc. 

I think Moore will win. THEN things will get interesting. The dems will use their moral high ground to try to force Moore out. The repubs will try to use their moral low ground as a way to climb to higher ground. My guess is that in the end Moore will remain as senator.

26 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I think Moore will win. THEN things will get interesting. The dems will use their moral high ground to try to force Moore out. The repubs will try to use their moral low ground as a way to climb to higher ground. My guess is that in the end Moore will remain as senator.

I think the Rs will hem and haw and act like they're ever so pained to seat him, but will anyway (the people have spoken!) and continue to push legislation that 4/5ths of the populace does not like. 

Just hope this has a major effect on the midterms. 

21 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

I think the Rs will hem and haw and act like they're ever so pained to seat him, but will anyway (the people have spoken!) and continue to push legislation that 4/5ths of the populace does not like. 

I think that would be 2/3rds.  

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I think that would be 2/3rds.  

Yeah you're probably closer. Average polling on tax reform was 28%. 

So 7/10ths do not like. ;)

36 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

No way he gets expelled if he wins.  The legal basis for doing so would be very questionable.

Like it or not, he will be the senator from Alabama and that fact will constantly be in the news.  

Just now, homersapien said:

No way he gets expelled if he wins.  The legal basis for doing would be very questionable.

Like it or not, he will be the senator from Alabama and that fact will constantly be in the news.  

The albatross around the necks of the Rs is something I'm banking on going into the elections next year. Sensible Rs know he's poison. 

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No way he gets expelled if he wins.  The legal basis for doing so would be very questionable.

If just one of the allegations is proven, he is gone. 

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Nope.

In the first place, how do you "prove" such an allegation, beyond what is already known?  It's not like there will be an impartial jury to convince.

And then, how do you consitutionally remove an elected senator when the voters knew these allegations before the election?  Can the senate simply nullify the decision made by the people of Alabama?

No, the Republicans will be stuck with him, just as they are stuck with Trump.  It will fall to the political system to right this insanity in the midterms and in 2020.

3 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

No he wont. RM is now the Republican Ted Kennedy. He is Senator for Life unless it is hard-wired to remove him. We just dont vote out Senators here in Alabama.

8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

No he wont. RM is now the Republican Ted Kennedy. He is Senator for Life unless it is hard-wired to remove him. We just dont vote out Senators here in Alabama.

You may be right. Given recent sexual misconduct events, I think we are in a different place. One can hope anyway.

Archived