AU Early NSD (Signees Are In Orange In The OP)

aujeff11

54 minutes ago, AURex said:

You haven;t been following this thread. >:(

Oh, so you’re ignoring the quote feature while responding to an obscure joke that was made over a handful of days ago. Makes sense. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Oh, so you’re ignoring the quote feature while responding to an obscure joke that was made over a handful of days ago. Makes sense. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5027655

Wow, I guess that UGA loss in the Championship game killed our recruiting momentum. Here it is the weekend before the early signing period, and we have nothing positive except Kayode. No important visitors or official visits, nothing. I hope it picks up in January...

54 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

Wow, I guess that UGA loss in the Championship game killed our recruiting momentum. Here it is the weekend before the early signing period, and we have nothing positive except Kayode. No important visitors or official visits, nothing. I hope it picks up in January...

What, exactly, is it that you'd like? We have 25 slots and 19 guys committed if we count the punter. At least 16 of those are expected to sign with AU Wednesday and the punter will enroll in August. I see a lot of success and no problem. What more would you need to have happen before you wouldn't think there's a problem with recruiting?

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 2

Coaches have been working hard to get our commits to sign in the Early Period. Allowing time to focus on the remaining 5-6 spots. Might be wrong strategy but this is first time with the ESP. We will probably be surprised with some new targets after the new year.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What, exactly, is it that you'd like? We have 25 slots and 19 guys committed if we count the punter. At least 16 of those are expected to sign with AU Wednesday and the punter will enroll in August. I see a lot of success and no problem. What more would you need to have happen before you wouldn't think there's a problem with recruiting?

It's like this every recruiting season. Lol. I wished we had landed a couple more of the big boys and kept them away from rivals, but this is a pretty solid class. I'm really hoping we land Luke Ford, I've been dying to see a viable threat at the TE spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Trey Hill was about the only other then-uncommitted target that was signing early. That game had no short term affect on recruiting. Through our great November we never took the lead w/ anyone we were behind on. The staff planned for it's top targets signing in February to OV in January. As usual CC take a step back from the ledge my friend.

• Like 2

How could anyone be upset with this class. It will be a top 10 class and one that will meet needs we have. February will be a quiet recruiting time compared to past years with the early signing in a few days. I think the early signing date will have the drama that the NLI February  date has had in the past.  This will likely be the case in years to come unless the early signing date is done away with.

I do not see this happening whatsoever though. I will tune in to channel 611 to watch the signings drama or lack of drama. It will be fun to see our early signing recruits to do their thing and sign with the best school in the universe!

I think starting this year, the early signing date will become what the NLI day in February used to be. I know we will only sign 8-10 at most on that later                                                                       date.  I am excited about this class and feel that we are now in a reload situation with recruiting.

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I know we will only sign 8-10 at most on that date. 

We are expecting 17-18 to sign next week as of now.

Just now, ellitor said:

We are expecting 17-18 to sign next week as of now.

Thanks!  I was referring to the Feb. date of signing 8-10 or less. I guess I did not make myself clear as is the case for this old geezer my friend.  You always have the best feel with regard to recruiting of Auburn football.  I am amazed with signing so many on the early date. I will be glued to the TV this week much like NLI in past years in early Feb. I love the early signing date in that it secures key players and lets the coaches focus on other issues besides recruiting.  I know recruiting is the life blood of any successful college football program.

No bowl practices for Gatewood

Will arrive back at AU in January as an EE.

Has a couple more classes to finish up in Florida -- that's why he can't stay here this week.

All good to go. Will sign with Auburn on Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 12/11/2017 at 10:06 PM, doc4aday said:

Thanks....I will take a boat load of 4 star players any day of the week. Do you think we will finish in the top 5?  I hate being out recruited by UGA, LSU, and bammer of course. We do well enough to keep the cupboard stocked well. I love recruiting in that it keeps my football fix between bowl games and NLI date. You do a super job of keeping us informed with out recruiting efforts.

Do you think we will pick up any Ole Miss players?

Class rankings are really a joke. Take for example right now

AU. 14- 4 stars and 5 -3 stars

uat  11 - 4 stars and 5 - 3 stars 

and they somehow out rank us. Total garbage.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Class rankings are really a joke. Take for example right now

AU. 14- 4 stars and 5 -3 stars

uat  11 - 4 stars and 5 - 3 stars 

and they somehow out rank us. Total garbage.

1. They only out rank us right now on 1 of the 3 sites. My guess is ESPN since they only update their rankings once a week. AU is ahead on the other 2 but behind on the composite because of ESPN's scale.

2. Every 4* is not considered the same nor recruit for that matter. Bama has a 92.04 rating per each recruit. AU has a 90.52 rating per recruit. Also Bama has 5 Top 100 recruits, AU has 1. Bama has 3 from 101-150. AU has 2 .That's where they have their composite lead.

3. As has been said countless times class rankings are not a joke. They have proven time & time again every year that they matter on the macro level. Yes talent must be developed but you also have to have talent to develop. Every national champion on the field in the recruiting site era has had at least 2 top 10 classes within their 4 years leading up to their national championship. Most had 3 & some 4 top 10 classes. For the runner up that extends to the top 12 with many of them also having 3 or more top 10 classes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One thing I have learned is that Auburn recruits well enough to hang with and beat the big boys on the field. (40-17 Uga & 26-14 turds) I agree with you Ellitor on your explanation of how the class rankings transfer on the field to competing for championships.

Our classes have been good enough since Gus came to town to give us a chance to win our division and the SEC. I feel that their is little drop off with our number 7-9 rated class in the country to either Lsu, bammer, and Uga. They might finish higher than us, but the quality of our future stars is on par with theirs over the long haul.

What is your take on this Ellitor?  Am I on the right track or not?  I totally trust your take on all things related to recruiting and find you are by far the most knowledgeable source on this site.  We have a lot of great sources on this site with other things all about Auburn football, but when it comes to recruiting, you are the master of recruiting!  Thanks for your time my friend!

If we have 6 slots left after early signing, getting 3 total 4 star recruits and 3 total 3 stars would give us a super class of 17- 4 stars & 8- 3 stars. This should be a top 10 class without any question, and one of the best ones Gus has ever inked.

I love our chances for future championships from divisional through NCs.  I have no doubt in Gus & staff's ability to take the talent they carefully craft into teams that beat the big dogs that dare to tread on our turf and theirs as a matter of fact!

Edited by doc4aday
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Mostly agree.

May I ask you a question ?  Are you in the picture that you have on your logo for this site? If so, I am with you in the hair department!  I have been shaving the chrome dome for over 15 years!

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Are you in the picture that you have on your logo for this site?

Yes. Me & Cole Cubelic just outside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. Me & Cole Cubelic just outside Jordan-Hare Stadium.

the only other place I would rather live than the mountains of NC, would be in Auburn!

On 12/17/2017 at 2:33 AM, ellitor said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5027655

Life is hard when one does not live 24/7 on this site and one has the basic assumption that knowledgeable people mean what they say. How stupid of me. What a fool I am. No longer will I trust anything anyone says unless it is documented by Fox News, the CIA, FBI, Pope Francis, the Church of Scientology, Trump tweets, and Nick Saban.

This is how you drive away fans -- by being azzzzzzhles. Geez!

58 minutes ago, AURex said:

Life is hard when one does not live 24/7 on this site and one has the basic assumption that knowledgeable people mean what they say. How stupid of me. What a fool I am. No longer will I trust anything anyone says unless it is documented by Fox News, the CIA, FBI, Pope Francis, the Church of Scientology, Trump tweets, and Nick Saban.

This is how you drive away fans -- by being azzzzzzhles. Geez!

tenor.gif?itemid=4747757

• Thanks 1