Alabama-Mississippi All Star Game & Thread

ellitor

8 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

He is and from what I’m told could be potentially better than a Pettway when he was healthy. If offered he’d take it

I've seen both when they are healthy. With all due respect, unlikely.

I

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

No it's not. It's an opportunity to compete & for some kids to get offers or better offers. This just happened to be a very ugly played game. That has not been the case in the past.

Or a chance for a star player to get hurt while playing in a totally meaningless game. Guess we'll just disagree.

3 minutes ago, CR said:

Or a chance for a star player to get hurt while playing in a totally meaningless game.

You and these kids are different people. It's not meaningless to them or they wouldn't play in it.

Maybe it was just me but the big O-lineman were supposedly thinking about did not impress me. 

Bad footwork and out of position alot.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

@around4ever pulling the other a4e in not knowing we had a thread on the game already. :laugh:

Reminder for anyone who missed the game like I did the replay is embedded on the OP.

???  I looked through the Recruiting forum to see if there was a thread started. I must have missed it.  Oh well, maybe the cold meds had something to do with that. 

My views about our commits and targets:

Asa Martin: looked very good when he got loose. The Al. O-line let him and our other backs get stuffed behind the LOS numerous times. On a couple of the replays of sacks and QB pressures, I noticed Martin didn't seem to block at all. Now, maybe the guy attacking the QB wasn't Martin's assignment. That I can't know but he wasn't seeking out somebody to block. He also lost a fumble, causing a turnover.

Seth Williams: Made an incredibly tough catch while under tight coverage. Also dropped a pass that hit him in the numbers. The QB's seemed to want to throw to him. Got called for blocking in the back, behind the play, that cost Asa Martin a long catch and run for a TD.

S. Jackson: Really big-bodied and thick for a WR. Got wide open a couple of times for nice medium range catches. Didn't make any mistakes that I noticed.

Ross: Tall guy, very fast and got open. Had some bad luck in that the times he was targeted the pass was poorly thrown.

Anybody else care to comment? Maybe some of y'all saw things I didn't see.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Asa Martin: looked very good when he got loose. The Al. O-line let him and our other backs get stuffed behind the LOS numerous times. On a couple of the replays of sacks and QB pressures, I noticed Martin didn't seem to block at all. Now, maybe the guy attacking the QB wasn't Martin's assignment. That I can't know but he wasn't seeking out somebody to block. He also lost a fumble, causing a turnover.

Seth Williams: Made an incredibly tough catch while under tight coverage. Also dropped a pass that hit him in the numbers. The QB's seemed to want to throw to him. Got called for blocking in the back, behind the play, that cost Asa Martin a long catch and run for a TD.

S. Jackson: Really big-bodied and thick for a WR. Got wide open a couple of times for nice medium range catches. Didn't make any mistakes that I noticed.

Ross: Tall guy, very fast and got open. Had some bad luck in that the times he was targeted the pass was poorly thrown.

S. Jackson looks like he's going to be a stud for us. Looks like a more agile and improved Duke Williams. IMO 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I agree with everything you observed. 

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

???  I looked through the Recruiting forum to see if there was a thread started. I must have missed it.  Oh well, maybe the cold meds had something to do with that. 

It was on top of page 2 at the time. I probably should have pinned it before I left to work graduation. lol

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

He also lost a fumble, causing a turnover.

He had 2 more in his last HS game before that in the state semis in an overtime loss to Bo Nix. He better get that fixed or Gus will not play him much in competitive situations. He can ask Malik Miller.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Also blocked well on run plays.

56 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

S. Jackson looks like he's going to be a stud for us. Looks like a more agile and improved Duke Williams. IMO 

FWIW Keith from the game considers his agility something that needs work. Said he has really good straight line speed but not a lot of wiggle.

2 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Good night if he can be That for us...

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

FWIW Keith from the game considers his agility something that needs work. Said he has really good straight line speed but not a lot of wiggle.

I meant agile in the sense of adjusting to make catches. He maneuvers himself well to make great catches.

44 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I meant agile in the sense of adjusting to make catches. He maneuvers himself well to make great catches.

Ah! I believe catch radius is the more common terminology for that.

15 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I heard our commit Kameron Stutts had a very bad game. Is that so? Wasn’t he a commit on the spot guy? 

1. Looked like he struggled.
2. Yes. Hand is apparently very high on his long term potential.

17 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I heard our commit Kameron Stutts had a very bad game. Is that so? Wasn’t he a commit on the spot guy? 

The entire interior line struggled. Maybe the horrible, ten-foot arch snaps from center had something to do with it. Backs were frequently hit way behind the line of scrimmage and so forth. Maybe some of them have potential but if that game was all someone had to go by there wouldn't be a jr. college scholarship available to any O-lineman on the team.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Ah! I believe catch radius is the more common terminology for that.

Much appreciation for bailing me out on my brain fart! Lol

Archived