2018 3* CB Roger McCreary Commits to AU!!!

ellitor

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

my brother in arms!!!! we  literally locking arms and coming at the gift haters! MR FRED with the knockout punch baby!!! Mr Roger McCready would love you stand for something!

12326774.jpeg

tenor.gif?itemid=7735446

1 hour ago, fredst said:

And, 95% of the posts in any given recruiting thread are opinions from people that have absolutely no knowledge of what is actually occurring in that particular recruit’s situation. Why not have a little fun since we are talking about where some 18-20 athlete might end up playing a collegiate sport, most of whom are going to fade from our collective consciousness within the next couple of years? Let them enjoy their moment in the spotlight and let’s enjoy the (somewhat weird) process of hanging on their every spoken word/tweet/Instagram post, etc, lol

1st I'd like to say I don't see anything wrong with the recent conversation of this thread. There's not enough here to be a derailment.

With that being said even though only a few people are often posting in a thread at any current time most of the time. Tens if not sometimes hundreds of other are often reading thread who never post & most of the time they are only coming to to recruiting threads to get recruiting updates. The forums aren't just for those of us who post. They are for everybody, including all those who only read too. So it would be cool out of kindness for those who only read, which there are a much greater number than those of us who post, that we limit to getting off topic to no more than 4 or 5 posts at a time often times. I feel that's fair to ask of us who post.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

tenor.gif?itemid=7735446

me and MR Fred are def friendship goals!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

1st I'd like to say I don't see anything wrong with the recent conversation of this thread. There's not enough here to be a derailment.

With that being said even though only a few people are often posting in a thread at any current time most of the time. Tens if not sometimes hundreds of other are often reading thread who never post & most of the time they are only coming to to recruiting threads to get recruiting updates. The forums aren't just for those of us who post. They are for everybody, including all those who only read too. So it would be cool out of kindness for those who only read, which there are a much greater number than those of us who post, that we limit to getting off topic to no more than 4 or 5 posts at a time often times. I feel that's fair to ask of us who post?

Not gonna lie I do not like catering to the people who are not as active in this forum. That gives them the power for not posting as much.  ALSO I do not want to be mean to any recruit or disrespectful. Like it is just rude to knock a seemingly awesome kid in McCreary. but IF this was a major target who we were hot on the trail after in a hotly contested recruiting battle coming down to the wire close to signing day like say Big Cat was last year where every bit of information that leaks that we can post is crucial and we are starving for I would get not clogging it up with going off the rails in a post.

Edited by GwillMac6

34 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Not gonna lie I do not like catering to the people who are not as active in this forum. That gives me the power for not posting as much.  ALSO I do not want to be mean to any recruit or disrespectful. Like it is just rude to knock a seemingly awesome kid in McCreary. but IF this was a major target who we were hot on the trail after in a hotly contested recruiting battle coming down to the wire close to signing day like say Big Cat was last year where every bit of information that leaks that we can post is crucial and we are starving for I would get not clogging it up with going off the rails in a post.

I see your point but it also seems fair to me that people want to know who the last 3 or 4 in the class are & most know who have kept up, that McCreary is a very real option to be one of those and they don't want to come here seeing a potential page or 2 (25 posts per page) from when they last saw the thread only to find out there was no news. To them that can feel like a waste of time. Like I said the other day, there are places on the forums to go off the wall and talk about what ever. Recruiting threads most of the time seem the wrong place do that beyond a few posts off topic.

I feel derailments lend themselves to building a better community.  The more people know each other and their quirks and personalities, the closer they become. Which leads to more fun and better interaction.   That's what forums are...a community.  If one strictly wants news, tigerland would be my go to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I feel derailments lend themselves to building a better community.  The more people know each other and their quirks and personalities, the closer they become. Which leads to more fun and better interaction.   That's what forums are...a community.  If one strictly wants news, tigerland would be my go to.

Best of both worlds is to go to one page to get your fix and then go to the other threads for community and build relationships.

asl?

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Wait, I have to be friends with you people now?

692CF326-9185-4518-BE65-978D4B71AC46.gif

I kid, I kid.  

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

With that being said even though only a few people are often posting in a thread at any current time most of the time. Tens if not sometimes hundreds of other are often reading thread who never post & most of the time they are only coming to to recruiting threads to get recruiting updates. The forums aren't just for those of us who post. They are for everybody, including all those who only read too. So it would be cool out of kindness for those who only read, which there are a much greater number than those of us who post, that we limit to getting off topic to no more than 4 or 5 posts at a time often times. I feel that's fair to ask of us who post.

I get it and I’m fine with that. I lurked for a long time before I ever made my first post. I’m just saying that the vast majority of posts on *any* thread are nothing more than some uninformed persons opinion rather than hard fact. And it’s fun on this forum that way. Those that want straight up no-nonsense information always have the option of going to pay sites. But, I’ll limit all my posts going forward because I never have anything factual to add, only gifs, lol.

42 minutes ago, fredst said:

Those that want straight up no-nonsense information always have the option of going to pay sites.

Yeah, technically you have the option to go spam their sites with gifs as well. I wonder how they will like it? As for me, I’m not paying a dime to those pay sites. 

I am not against Gifs per se, but what I am for is quality Gifs. I propose that the mods set a limit on how many Gifs per page a poster can post. That would help to eliminate a lot of mediocre, non Power 5 level Gifs, or even worse, boring FCS level Gifs that nobody really wants to see. When every Gif truly counts, I think we all win.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, PotPot said:

I am not against Gifs per se, but what I am for is quality Gifs. I propose that the mods set a limit on how many Gifs per page a poster can post. That would help to eliminate a lot of mediocre, non Power 5 level Gifs, or even worse, boring FCS level Gifs that nobody really wants to see. When every Gif truly counts, I think we all win.

Not a bad idea, but I don't see our already over bred and under fed (that's horse lingo for overworked and underpaid) mods being up to that daunting task! :)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah, technically you have the option to go spam their sites with gifs as well. I wonder how they will like it? As for me, I’m not paying a dime to those pay sites. 

Cool. We can both keep spamming this site for free then, lol.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh my god this is the best active thread on the forum

It was, then Loof the party-pooper showed up. :thumbsdown:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, fredst said:

Cool. We can both keep spamming this site for free then, lol.

I didn’t want to be the party pooper, but since  Mcloofus already took the honors, I guess I can go ahead and say it: with every non quality gif on this board( exluding the meltdown thread), little kittens die. Think of the kittens ,man.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not a bad idea, but I don't see our already over bred and under fed (that's horse lingo for overworked and underpaid) mods being up to that daunting task! :)

Me either

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn’t want to be the party pooper, but since  Mcloofus already took the honors, I guess I can go ahead and say it: with every non quality gif on this board( exluding the meltdown thread), little kittens die. Think of the kittens ,man.

I'm a dog guy...

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I get it and I’m fine with that. I lurked for a long time before I ever made my first post. I’m just saying that the vast majority of posts on *any* thread are nothing more than some uninformed persons opinion rather than hard fact. And it’s fun on this forum that way. Those that want straight up no-nonsense information always have the option of going to pay sites. But, I’ll limit all my posts going forward because I never have anything factual to add, only gifs, lol.

Opinions are welcome @fredst. The Joinerr thread the other night before he committed was fine & great. It was a few pages in a few hours but everyone stayed on topic. Posts don't have to be new info or hard facts. It would just be nice if they were on topic most of the time. Sorry if I gave you that impression.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Par for the course. 

By the way, I really suck at golf.

Image result for bad golf gif

Did you mean to say Golf really sucks? I really think you did.