Pettway Out for Peach Bowl

PigskinPat

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"not welcome"...someone doing their best to put a negative spin on it......unnecessary....>:(

So really, what is the real story with Pettway? IT SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE KEEP insinuaitng that it was much more than injuries. It obviously was. So what's the real deal?

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

"not welcome"...someone doing their best to put a negative spin on it......unnecessary....>:(

How's reporting the truth a negative spin?

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Apparently some guy named Chris Renkel can be attributed to the rumor. Matthew Stevens isn’t a tabloid- lite.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/kamryn-pettway-not-make-peach-bowl-trip-reportedly-no-longer-welcome-auburn/

1 minute ago, shabby said:

How's reporting the truth a negative spin?

Did you not see the post about 3 frames up where AU officials commented that the statement was not accurate?  

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Did you not see the post about 3 frames up where AU officials commented that the statement was not accurate?  

Well No. LOL. I did not see that

4 minutes ago, shabby said:

So really, what is the real story with Pettway? IT SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE KEEP insinuaitng that it was much more than injuries. It obviously was. So what's the real deal?

I hate rumors just like you do and hate to insunuate anything because I don’t know anything but, it strikes me as odd that there were three players suspended game one and those were Kyle Davis, SW, and Pettway and now all are gone. Maybe Pett has a different set of circumstances from the other two (which there were heavy drug use rumors with the other two,) but I wouldn’t be surprised if he is in the same boat. 

Just now, shabby said:

So why not make the trip though?? It's your team whether you're playing or not. What's really going on

Different question.....who knows...but I heard that 3 FSU players sat out their bowl to work on their NFL future. ....so could be that kind of things since it's reasonably clear that KP has no football future at AU....or at least that's how I read it. 

24 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Before rumors spread...

Can't unring this reporting bell and their yellow journalists don't retract mischaracterizations. 

No real story here is it. We were already told he wouldn't play. We keep hearing rumors he was not injured(the entire time) but silently suspended. most here don't look for him to be back anyway. This is no story. the real story is Brad Lester.

My guess is that this has more to do with his wife and his family and his ability to provide for his family than it has to do with what he might have done at the beginning of the season. My guess is also that the coaches have been very patient and understanding with him, due to the fact that he has a young child and have given him every opportunity, even when they could have pushed him to play. I can't believe that he is not healthy in this length of time. I think the coaches are just allowing him to bide his time, taking advantage of our facilities to rehab himself, and then will watch him go into the draft. And I also believe that they are allowing this because they are compassionate toward his family and that they may not be as much so with someone who doesn't have a family. Just guessing!!! No real info here.

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

No real story here is it. We were already told he wouldn't play. We keep hearing rumors he was not injured(the entire time) but silently suspended. most here don't look for him to be back anyway. This is no story. the real story is Brad Lester.

That one really hurts.  If found guilty I really don’t know what to say.  I really liked the guy too. 

This has nothing to do with Pettway but does anyone know anything about KD? I noticed he was still in auburn after getting kicked off the team. Y’all think he was just finishing the semester and plans on transferring this semester? 

59 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

My guess is that this has more to do with his wife and his family and his ability to provide for his family than it has to do with what he might have done at the beginning of the season. My guess is also that the coaches have been very patient and understanding with him, due to the fact that he has a young child and have given him every opportunity, even when they could have pushed him to play. I can't believe that he is not healthy in this length of time. I think the coaches are just allowing him to bide his time, taking advantage of our facilities to rehab himself, and then will watch him go into the draft. And I also believe that they are allowing this because they are compassionate toward his family and that they may not be as much so with someone who doesn't have a family. Just guessing!!! No real info here.

Why is it that you "can't believe that he is not healthy in this length of time"? Broken bones take about 3 months to fully heal. On top of that, if you're getting smashed in the shoulder with every carry, then of course it's going to take AT LEAST that much time. I don't know why you and others keep questioning this. Even when it was widely reported as a fracture, folks were asking 2 weeks after that if he'd be back yet. Incredible.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Anyone want to fill me in on Brad Lester thing? His trolling skills make me laugh.

54 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

This has nothing to do with Pettway but does anyone know anything about KD? I noticed he was still in auburn after getting kicked off the team. Y’all think he was just finishing the semester and plans on transferring this semester? 

I asked in some thread if he got his crap together could he come back. No one had a great answer...he still follows his teammates on social and hangs out with Sal.

He was my football man crush so I’m all about him coming back, if possible as long as he’s not a distraction to the team. 

EDIT: I didn’t realize there was a recent story on Brad - I thought it was referencing his time at AU. ???

32 minutes ago, GumpCyclist said:

Why is it that you "can't believe that he is not healthy in this length of time"? Broken bones take about 3 months to fully heal. On top of that, if you're getting smashed in the shoulder with every carry, then of course it's going to take AT LEAST that much time. I don't know why you and others keep questioning this. Even when it was widely reported as a fracture, folks were asking 2 weeks after that if he'd be back yet. Incredible.

My information on broken scapulas has mainly come from other posters on here like @passthebiscuits or others (who I am sorry that I can't remember who at this time) who have medical experience. I think the fact that it took them more than a week to determine or announce that is what he had led people to believe that it was not a bad fracture, and that healing time would be between 6-8 weeks. From what I have read elsewhere, a severely fractured scapula would most likely require surgery and a less severe fracture would not and would heal more quickly. A broken scapula would affect range of motion and there were lots of pics of KP waving a towel on the sidelines after his injury. I, and other people, do NOT know the extent of his injury. That is why I prefaced my statements with "My guess is..." I was very careful to say it was a guess and that I had no info. All we can do is guess, because this info is private. Because of that, your "guess" on whether he can play or not is as good or as bad as mine is.

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

That one really hurts.  If found guilty I really don’t know what to say.  I really liked the guy too. 

Many in the in the AU Family (well at least on FB) have declared him guilty already. I'll wait until all the information is out before forming an opinion on that issue.

My suggestion is why don’t we cut this young man who has given a lot of himself to Auburn some well deserved slack. It makes no difference why he is not going. Personally he probably feels bad that he won’t be able to play and hasn’t played for a while so he might feel Uncomfortable being there with the team. He doesn’t want to be the story instead of allowing his team mates to be the story. I am sure that he will move on and test the waters of the NFL. I think if he works at it like Peyton Barber he could do just as well. That would allow him to provide for his family. He got his degree so he should be fine. Let’s just be proud of the sacrifice he made for Auburn and wish him well in the future. I for one will be glad to see him playing on Sundays. WDE KP

1 hour ago, CAS15 said:

Nah I think he’ll be back on the team next year 

Archived