The Bannon Effect

RunInRed

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Kinda funny ...

Yeah but not really a fair comparison considering Sessions ran for that seat unopposed. Shelby last year would be better. 

And yeah, **** Bannon, but the Rs are trying to scapegoat him here. They own this too. 

18 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Kinda funny ...

To be honest, Moore did more to turn this state blue than Bannon but,  Bannon didn't really hurt those efforts. Moore is probably the worst candidate I can recall on either side in some time. When you consider that ~1.3M Alabamians voted for Trump and Moore couldn't even get half that number - that's saying something.

14 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

To be honest, Moore did more to turn this state blue than Bannon but,  Bannon didn't really hurt those efforts. Moore is probably the worst candidate I can recall on either side in some time. When you consider that ~1.3M Alabamians voted for Trump and Moore couldn't even get half that number - that's saying something.

Don't let the Republican primary voters off the hook though. He's had quite a cult of personality here for some time, and they've grown so disestablishment that they elected a man that is an absolute turn off to what few swing voters we have here.

Been doing that lot lately in other states too. Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle etc. 

5 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

Don't let the Republican primary voters off the hook though. He's had quite a cult of personality here for some time, and they've grown so disestablishment that they elected a man that is an absolute turn off to what few swing voters we have here.

Been doing that lot lately in other states too. Christine O'Donnell, Sharron Angle etc. 

I think “cult” is the perfect word too. 

Archived