Las Vegas Bowl - Boise v Oregon

PowerOfDixieland

Ridiculous game going on in the desert, having a turnover competition with seven total so far (both QB's have thrown 2 picks with a pick six apiece).  Oregon hasn't run a play on offense on the Boise side of the field and looking to get completely blown out.  Two defensive touchdowns in the final minute of the first half and they're right back in it.  Boise up 24-14 at the half.

Oregon RB Royce Freeman opting to sit the game out and he's actually on the sideline and giving pregame talk to the team.  What a joke.

The last minute of the half was just nuts. BSU about to go up 27 or 31 -0 when they fumble on a statue of liberty play which was returned for a TD.  The next play from scrimmage Boise bombs one down the sideline, tackled inside the 10. Next play is a 100 yard pick six for Oregon.  24-14 BSU and Oregon has yet to cross the 50 on offense.  Wow. 

47 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Oregon RB Royce Freeman opting to sit the game out and he's actually on the sideline and giving pregame talk to the team.  What a joke.

Yeah, if I was one of the players about to take the field I’d have to say “I appreciate it, but we’ve got it from here”.

27 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Yeah, if I was one of the players about to take the field I’d have to say “I appreciate it, but we’ve got it from here”.

I agree.  I'm not sure why they even allowed  him to make the trip if they knew he wasn't going to play.  If he decided he wasn't going to play after getting there, that's a bush league thing to do.  If I were a teammate, I wouldn't want him in the locker room or on the field.  Let him sit in the stands or just go home.

Aside from the comments noted above, it was a fun game to watch.....especially if you had no rooting interest.  That's what I like about these "minor bowls".......often some really good spectator games and does nothing to my blood pressure no matter how many mistakes or bad coaching decisions I see. 

Archived