Mueller Becomes the Accused

Proud Tiger

Trump's lawyers go on offense. This could get interesting and seeing it all play out will make for a good drama series.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/16/trump-lawyer-mueller-improperly-obtained-transition-documents-in-russia-probe.html

Can we please stop making new topics on something for which we have 3-4 threads every time something pops up on pops up on Proud FB feed? 

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Trump's lawyers go on offense. This could get interesting and seeing it all play out will make for a good drama series.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/12/16/trump-lawyer-mueller-improperly-obtained-transition-documents-in-russia-probe.html

Purposefully misleading headline.  

"attorney alleges “unlawful conduct” by the career staff at the General Services Administration in handing over transition documents to the special counsel’s office."

Move along PT.

3 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Did you actually read the article?  Or just the misleading Fox headlines

The story nor trump's lawyers accuse Mueller of anything, they are accusing federal personnel  of "unlawful conduct"

There could be more to the story but the story above does not suggest Mueller did anything wrong....Just another way of Fox News manipulating the simpletons that follow them and not the intelligent ones that actually read the articles.

Here's the cause of the latest blitz:

This is bad for those interviewed. Very bad. If anything was said to the investigators that differed from those e-mails, Mueller already has his case. He could arrest them tomorrow. Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001.

I would be terrified, and that's why they're ratcheting up the attempts to discredit the investigation. 

26 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

This is bad for those interviewed. Very bad. If anything was said to the investigators that differed from those e-mails, Mueller already has his case. He could arrest them tomorrow. Title 18, United States Code, Section 1001.

I would be terrified, and that's why they're ratcheting up the attempts to discredit the investigation. 

Party time. this is it.........................again

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Party time. this is it.........................again

It's a pretty stunning revelation. May not touch Trump, but anyone in those e-mails that was interviewed by Mueller's team should be on pins and needles. Section 1001 is extremely flexible. 

Imagine this:

An associate calls you and says, "my dear business associate, the s*** has hit the fan. Federal Agency X is investigating Project Y we did together. Two Agency X agents are interviewing people."

"Oh coitus," says you, or words to that effect, and terminate the conversation.

Later that day, two well-dressed and polite agents of Agency X visit you. Because you're an idiot that thinks attorneys are a waste of time, you consent to be interviewed. At some point, they ask you "have you talked about this investigation with anyone?"

"No," you say.

They smile.

You're ******.

Guilty. 

Have fun in prison.

If any of this sounds familiar, they've already got people to plea to this during this investigation. 

2 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

It's a pretty stunning revelation. May not touch Trump, but anyone in those e-mails that was interviewed by Mueller's team should be on pins and needles. Section 1001 is extremely flexible. 

Imagine this:

An associate calls you and says, "my dear business associate, the s*** has hit the fan. Federal Agency X is investigating Project Y we did together. Two Agency X agents are interviewing people."

"Oh coitus," says you, or words to that effect, and terminate the conversation.

Later that day, two well-dressed and polite agents of Agency X visit you. Because you're an idiot that thinks attorneys are a waste of time, you consent to be interviewed. At some point, they ask you "have you talked about this investigation with anyone?"

"No," you say.

They smile.

You're ******.

Guilty. 

Have fun in prison.

If any of this sounds familiar, they've already got people to plea to this during this investigation. 

President Trump can say "pardon" if to close....... will not touch him

47 minutes ago, Bigbens42 said:

Bet Wolf is hyperventilating again tonight ....,...to old to keep it up. Be danged if i would let President Trump  kill me. 

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

President Trump can say "pardon" if to close....... will not touch him

The reason he shouldn't is a simple matter of strategy.

If he pardons them, they can't claim their 5th amendment right against self-incrimination. They will have to testify to whatever they know, or be found guilty of lying under oath or contempt of court.

And if Trump pardons them for that he will be committing an impeachable offense. An attempt to subvert justice.

And let's not forget AG Schneiderman is waiting in the wings.

The way this has been set up is ingenious. Trump can't win. This is 3D chess, and he has no idea how it's played.

12 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Wasn't Trump supposed to be impeached over the summer?

Nobody with any sense was saying that, but where we go from here will be huge. It's a good bet Trump will try to have Mueller fired this week. 

Just now, Bigbens42 said:

Nobody will any sense was saying that, but where we go from here will be huge. It's a good bet Trump will try to have Mueller fired this week. 

BB we may disagree on a lot, but you're a smart and well reasoned guy. I look forward to seeing what happens, fired or not fired. 

8 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

BB we may disagree on a lot, but you're a smart and well reasoned guy. I look forward to seeing what happens, fired or not fired. 

This whole period, man. When enough time passes for this to be a distant nightmare, people will have a hard time believing how it happened.

Can I be the one who leads him out of the White House? He's an embarrassment to the office. 

1 hour ago, Bigbens42 said:

This whole period, man. When enough time passes for this to be a distant nightmare, people will have a hard time believing how it happened.

I've lived through the cold war, civil rights, Viet Nam, assassinations, social upheavel, Watergate and  Clinton's sex scandals.

The Trump adminstration is going to assume a prominant place along with the infamous events that have shaped our history.   I can only hope for the future.

Credit to Jon at TF, taken from Wiki.

The Trump transition team was led by Vice President-elect Mike Pence. It originally had six vice-chairs, which was expanded on November 29, 2016 to thirteen vice-chairs: Ben Carson, Chris Christie (previously head of the transition from May 2016 through election day), Michael Flynn (incoming National Security Advisor), Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Jeff Sessions (incoming Attorney General), with the addition of K. T. McFarland (incoming Deputy National Security Advisor), Gov. Mary Fallin, Sen. Tim Scott, Rep. Marsha Blackburn (previously on the executive committee), Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers, Rep. Tom Reed, and outgoing Rep. Cynthia Lummis.[74][75][76]

The transition team also had an Executive Committee which included:[75]

Steve Bannon, Trump campaign CEO; named Counselor to the President on November 13
Rep. Lou Barletta
Rep. Marsha Blackburn (moved to vice-chair)
Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi
Rep. Chris Collins
Rep. Tom Marino
Rebekah Mercer – director of the Mercer Family Foundation and daughter of major Trump (and Cruz) donor Robert Mercer.
Steven Mnuchin — former partner at Goldman Sachs,[77] incoming Secretary of the Treasury
Rep. Devin Nunes
Reince Priebus — Republican National Committee chairman; named incoming White House Chief of Staff on November 13
Anthony Scaramucci — Hedge-fund manager and founder of investment firm SkyBridge Capital, formerly at Goldman Sachs
Peter Thiel – Co-founder of PayPal, now a venture capitalist involved in several groups including Clarium Capital and Founders Fund.[78]
Donald Trump Jr.
Eric Trump
Ivanka Trump
Jared Kushner, businessman; husband of Ivanka Trump
Additional executive committee members added on November 29, 2016:

Rep. Sean Duffy
Rep. Trey Gowdy
Rep. Dennis Ross
Pastor Darrell C. Scott

Kiron Skinner

This is the transition team. Lot of Congressmen on that list trying to make this go away.

5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

He is smarter than all of us. If you don't believe it, just ask him. This is a response to one of my posts...

" Thank you for lecturing the resident clinical engineer, who, you know, studied human anatomy and physiology extensively, with a smattering of psychology, and also happens to be married and has children, on biology.  "

11 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

He is smarter than all of us. If you don't believe it, just ask him. This is a response to one of my posts...

" Thank you for lecturing the resident clinical engineer, who, you know, studied human anatomy and physiology extensively, with a smattering of psychology, and also happens to be married and has children, on biology.  "

No, he's stating his credentials showing that he has a pretty deep understanding of a topic.  On that topic, he very well may be smarter than everyone else here.  He's definitely got me beat when it comes to biology and human anatomy.

The difference between myself and some (like yourself):  I'm man enough to admit it.

I thought I was wrong once, but then I realized I was mistaken. 

I did suffer from that disease at one point, thinking myself the smartest person in the room while posting here and thinking I could bluster out of anything. Getting my ass owned by @Aufan59 on thermodynamics while arguing climate change cured me of that particular illness with the quickness. Was a good learning experience. Sometimes a good public shaming goes a long way. Taught me my own limitations.

Archived