Update on Peach Bowl preparation

WFE12

I'm just curious how they keep the players motivated for a game like this.

Is that where playing younger players helps? (they'll be pumped for more playing time, and that might force the starters to up their game)

Or has the sting of the SECCG worn off enough that players are itching to get back out there? As a fan, I wasn't too excited about this game (still not crazy about playing UCF), but as time passes I'm looking forward to another Auburn game.

26 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

I'm just curious how they keep the players motivated for a game like this

Most years I would agree with you, but I believe this team has exceptional leadership from the seniors and coaches. I believe they will want to get the 11th win and set the table for another run in 2018. WDE!!!

I would like to see us execute screen passes against their fired up D our first couple possessions. UCF in their beloved Frost's last game with an undefeated goal will come out insanely motivated. Our defensive leadership & discipline against this UCF offense the first couple series to deflate their bluster is critical too. On paper we should win handily but 18 - 22 year olds playing in a bowl many were probably not hoping for - some of whom are considering being millionaires in a few months if they can just stay healthy - is a recipe for falling behind 21-0 real quick. Our red zone O needs to be clicking too because it may well be a shooting match.   

5 hours ago, yngwie1995 said:

Is that where playing younger players helps? (they'll be pumped for more playing time, and that might force the starters to up their game)

Or has the sting of the SECCG worn off enough that players are itching to get back out there? As a fan, I wasn't too excited about this game (still not crazy about playing UCF), but as time passes I'm looking forward to another Auburn game.

Combination, there are some young guys in heavy competition for spots next season and there are some old guys who get one more chance to put some play on tape and go out winning.  With the quality of leadership on this team, I expect this to not be a problem.  There were other years where we knew it was not gonna be the case something just seems different with this team.

Auburn crushes teams they are more talented then.  I expect the same in this game unless there is an offensive meltdown with turnovers like the Mercer game.  

Motivationally speaking winning or losing this game doesn’t mean much in the grand scheme of this season.  It is what it is.  We came up just a little short.  

From The coordinators it was good to hear good things  from some of the younger guys.  Specifically Brahms, Whitlow, Iggy on offense.  Alec Jackson,  Britt, and Wooten.  Especially good to hear that the D coaches feel comfortable with Peters to move him around from safety to star and corner.  It will give him a leg up on understanding everyone’s responsibility on the backend.

On 12/18/2017 at 7:15 AM, aucanucktiger said:

I would like to see us execute screen passes against their fired up D our first couple possessions. UCF in their beloved Frost's last game with an undefeated goal will come out insanely motivated. Our defensive leadership & discipline against this UCF offense the first couple series to deflate their bluster is critical too. On paper we should win handily but 18 - 22 year olds playing in a bowl many were probably not hoping for - some of whom are considering being millionaires in a few months if they can just stay healthy - is a recipe for falling behind 21-0 real quick. Our red zone O needs to be clicking too because it may well be a shooting match.   

UCF will be extremely motivated to send Frost out with a win and an undefeated season.  On top of that, their story has a real Cinderella feeling that will captivate the media and announcers.  I anticipate that it will be very difficult to watch (and especially listen to) unless we get on them early.  I doubt that they have seen a defense like ours yet this year so I'm hoping that our lads show up to play and dominate early.  War Eagle.

2 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

UCF will be extremely motivated to send Frost out with a win and an undefeated season.  On top of that, their story has a real Cinderella feeling that will captivate the media and announcers.  I anticipate that it will be very difficult to watch (and especially listen to) unless we get on them early.  I doubt that they have seen a defense like ours yet this year so I'm hoping that our lads show up to play and dominate early.  War Eagle.

Get RadioDelay on your PC and sync the Auburn broadcast with the video. 

5 minutes ago, gulftiger66 said:

I doubt that they have seen a defense like ours yet this year

No doubt needed... they haven't seen anything even close. They also haven't seen offenses like ours that combine speed with power. 

50 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

No doubt needed... they haven't seen anything even close. They also haven't seen offenses like ours that combine speed with power. 

Coaching and scheming.  Thuga destroyed us outside the tackles in game 2.  I have to think UCF will try the same until we can stop it.  We had no answer for it against UGA but we should be able to handle UCF.  I am predicting a much closer game than others.  10 point win for the good guys.

Wonder how much Frost and his coaches traveling back and forth from Nebraska will play into this game.  Frost’s head can’t be 100% in on this game.  The players are all in but coaches make such a huge difference at this level.  I think Auburn will end stomping a mud hole in this team.  42-17

The team has been called out by the RB on UCF. Think about that for a minute. If that isn't enough motivation for them to beat the crap out of UCF I don't know what is. Throw in an 11 win season, the only team to beat 3 undefeated ranked teams, ending the season with a big 6 bowl win, setting the tone for the offseason and there is a lot for this team to achieve by winning this game.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Coaching and scheming.  Thuga destroyed us outside the tackles in game 2.  I have to think UCF will try the same until we can stop it.  We had no answer for it against UGA but we should be able to handle UCF.  I am predicting a much closer game than others.  10 point win for the good guys.

I think the fact that our guys will be fully rested and healed will prevent the issues we had against Georgia. No other team was able to abuse us like that.

45 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I think the fact that our guys will be fully rested and healed will prevent the issues we had against Georgia. No other team was able to abuse us like that.

#truth

That was 4 weeks of continued abuse in that game. No one (including uga or bama) could do that to a healthy and rested AU Defense!

With Frost headed to Neb. he has nothing to lose I expect all the trick plays in the world on offense and special teams. Like I said he has nothing to lose. Hell go for it on every 4th down and never punt who knows what to expect. I've never seen a situation like this were the opposing team coaching staff is going to another school the next day after the game. And you know the announcers are going to be all over UCF

Weird

After reading Frosts comments, his head is all in this Peach Bowl. UCF is coming into this with everything including the kitchen sink.  I know we took some time to get healthy during finals and holidays, but I hope we watched film and did mental stuff.

Just have a feeling Frost and UCF are coming in a little bit too cocky. The reason our guys didn’t practice last week was because of finals. Get out of here and have fun getting whooped by us first then Michigan Ohio St. and the rest of the Big 10. Hope we show them what real speed is ?

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

That's what makes it all the more annoying. We can't do anything about our schedule now for the next few years...We gotta deal with this constant barrage of opponents. I try not to spend too much time on what if's but if we had an extra week we win no doubt about it in my mind. Now the next few years we have to play Alabama and what seems like Alabama's equivalent in UGA too plus with these new coaches other teams can get better...This year was that time for us...Got to be dang near perfect to make the playoff smh...

Uga actually had a defense capable of slowing us down ( especially with our injured RB) UCF has nothing to even

begin to slow our offense down. AU will score north of 50 points against them. No way they break 20 against AU. 

On 12/18/2017 at 6:56 AM, yngwie1995 said:

I would hope our players have the desire to dominate every opponent they face and win every game they play.   If they can't "get up" for any game, much less a bowl game,  they shouldn't be playing college football much less be on scholarship.  I'm not trying to sound like an arse here, but I loved playing every game I played from elementary school through HS and I can't imagine these guys don't feel the same way.  There are seniors (and likely some juniors) on this team that are playing their last game for AU and surely want to leave with a W.  They work hard year round just to play a relatively few number of games, they've got to want to win.

Add to that some prime bulletin board materials from the Florida fellas for added good measure.

I would think we'll be fine ;)

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

And you know the announcers are going to be all over UCF

They are America's sweetheart right now......well for the sport's media that is......last undefeated team and a win over AU would give the media one more chance to gripe about the playoffs ...probably lobby for more teams, etc.    Just hoping AU will play like they mean business and take the UCF crowd ....and the announcers out of the game early. 

i think frost cant be all in on this game. he had too much to lose at his new gig.  i do agree about them having nothing to lose and bringing out tricks but thats because they know they have to of they have a shot at winning. UCF is not big enough to line up hat on hat and play just like the AU vs Bama 09 game. Au through everything they could as they couldnt line up and win. 

that said,  if Au stays disciplined and in the game, we can negate that just like bama in the 2nd half of that iron bowl. 

they are not big enough and don't have the defense to handle our running game all day. if the o keeps the ball secure  and avoids 3 and outs, we are going to be alright. turn the ball over or dpnt sustain drives, it could be ugly

I really expect our guys to come out on fire and issue a beat down.  I mean a really ugly one.  The announcers will be making all sorts of excuses like Frost leaving but the simple fact is they don't match up.  Auburn was the best team in the country against UGA 1 and Bammer.  They were simply worn out and beat up for UGA 2.  I expect the best team in the country to show up again on New Years Day.  

Archived