General Early NSD Thoughts (Non-AU specific)

AU64

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

We cost ourselves a shot to play for a championship by derping @ LSU. We win that game we would be playing Clemson now instead of Bama even with losing the SECCG.

We beat Georgia the second time and we would be in the championship also.   Why pick on one game ? I thought that horse had been beaten to death by now.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We beat Georgia the second time and we would be in the championship also.   Why pick on one game ? I thought that horse had been beaten to death by now.

Because we inexplicably and unforgivably beat ourselves in one game and not the other. 

30 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Was just pointing out that it wasn't all the UGa game that GWill was focused on. & I don't know if it was beaten to death. I don't visit the football forum much.

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because we inexplicably and unforgivably beat ourselves in one game and not the other. 

True....to some extent....but if it makes folks happy to play the what if game month after month I guess i should just let it go...but I find it sad...

Just now, AU64 said:

True....to some extent....but if it makes folks happy to play the what if game month after month I guess i should just let it go...but I find it sad...

It's more of a point-counterpoint thing. E didn't just post out of nowhere complaining about the LSU game. And I guarantee you it doesn't make him happy. 

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am way more steamed at georgia than bama right now since they cost us a championship lol but yah that is usually the case for me as well.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

It's more of a point-counterpoint thing. E didn't just post out of nowhere complaining about the LSU game. And I guarantee you it doesn't make him happy. 

Actually it's not E who has beaten that matter......he just kind of blundered into the subject it seems per his post above.    But several people don't go very long without bringing up the subject though since Gus got his new contract and such, they have mostly let it rest.......;but not all of them.  

I'm still of the belief that the LSU loss turned the team and coaching staff around......and had they nipped LSU, there would have been much less incentive for the team to come together with a mission ....and for the coaches to take a serious look at their game strategies and approach the rest of the season differently.  

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Actually it's not E who has beaten that matter......he just kind of blundered into the subject it seems per his post above.    But several people don't go very long without bringing up the subject though since Gus got his new contract and such, they have mostly let it rest.......;but not all of them.  

I'm still of the belief that the LSU loss turned the team and coaching staff around......and had they nipped LSU, there would have been much less incentive for the team to come together with a mission ....and for the coaches to take a serious look at their game strategies and approach the rest of the season differently.  

Not that you have any stated intent of endorsing Malzahn, but this reads to me as the exact opposite of an endorsement. 

They came with and executed the same strategy that would carry us through the rest of the schedule... for a quarter and a half. The blue print was in hand and was shown to work. The team was already where it needed to be. And then the head coach chose to give the game away. Yes, he learned, but like numerous other things, it was something he should have learned much earlier. Yes, that is mostly balanced out by the things that he's either learned well ahead of schedule or just innately knows. But that LSU game was not serendipity. It was an unnecessary mistake, and an extremely costly one. 

I am not dwelling on the LSU game, by the way. I am offering a counterpoint to your point. It's not just the critics among us who don't want to let the issue rest. 

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I've told you a thousand times individual record years do not have much effect on the recruiting classes as long as the HC has job security which CKS has in spades. When will you listen to me? lol :poke:

Listen dude you are not the end all be all. Can you not let other people have their own opinion and vent? For fricks sake man. Not everyone has to see things as you do. It is like you want everyone to hold the same opinion as you. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Because it was a terrible coaching blunder than was inexcusable and it came back to bite us in the butt even though "it was not the end of the world".  The gameplan in the SECCG was also Gus reverting back to doing the same dumb things like the LSU game.  I was happy to Gus grow some from the LSU game throught the Bama game, but the SECCG game brought back the bad Gus.  The jury is still out on Gustav.  He has 7 million reasons to prove he is better than he has been to date.  He has shown signs that he can be, but he still needs to do more.  UGA is not going away, they are just going to get better and better. Of course, as long as Saban is at spuat, they will always be good and even though LSU is coached by the Ogre, the Ogre inexplicably out coached our genius last season.  Gus is the one that keeps resurrecting the dead horse.   Hopefully, he will not become complacent.

wde

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

We cost ourselves a shot to play for a championship by derping @ LSU. We win that game we would be playing Clemson now instead of Bama even with losing the SECCG.

lol no. Bama would of still got in over us because we would of had 2 losses. We would of ran in the same problem OSU did. 1>2.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

lol get over losing in the sec title game?! Get over me not being over it dude. Get over yourself when you talk down to people when people do not have the same opinion as you. I will not get over it. I hate losing more than I enjoy winning. I still have not gotten over 2013 either.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Listen dude you are not the end all be all. Can you not let other people have their own opinion and vent? For fricks sake man. Not everyone has to see things as you do. It is like you want everyone to hold the same opinion as you. 

It's not about me. I'm just relaying stuff nearly every single recruiting reporter has said including your boy Keith. I won't rebut you anymore about it. Was just trying to help.

And sorry you took my OP so seriously. The poke emoji was put in to let you know it was a friendly, humorous rib.

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol no. Bama would of still got in over us because we would of had 2 losses. We would of ran in the same problem OSU did. 1>2.

LOL. Nope. The 1 less loss is the only advantage Bama had. Even with the 1 more loss our resume destroys Bama. We would have had the same record versus common opponents, Our SOS versus other P5 teams of Clemson, UGa, & Mizzou is much better than Bama's FSU, Vols, & Vandy. It made our SOS 12th to their 48th. No bad losses. Most importantly we had a dominating win head-to-head. tOSU's case against Bama is nowhere near as strong as ours would have been due to the bad loss to Iowa, not much better SOS than bama, & nowhere near the common data points to compare on the schedule.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

LOL. Nope. The 1 less loss is the only advantage Bama had. Even with the 1 more loss our resume destroys Bama. We would have had the same record versus common opponents, Our SOS versus other P5 teams of Clemson, UGa, & Mizzou is much better than Bama's FSU, Vols, & Vandy. It made our SOS 12th to their 48th. No bad losses. Most importantly we had a dominating win head-to-head. tOSU's case against Bama is nowhere near as strong as ours would have been due to the bad loss to Iowa, not much better SOS than bama, & nowhere near the common data points to compare on the schedule.

I don't remember which ESPN talking head said it but even with our 2 losses we would have gotten in ahead of bama because of the head to head situation.  Now bama could have gotten in ahead of GA since GA would have had 2 losses (both to AU).

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Jimbo isn’t starting off very well.

Yup and sucks he went to the enemy!! UGHHHHHH. BUUUUUUT I have total faith that next years class for them will be big time. He has 2 elite recruiters on staff in brewster and D craig. If there is one thing TAMU fans should not worry about with jimbo it is his recruiting ability.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yup and sucks he went to the enemy!! UGHHHHHH. BUUUUUUT I have total faith that next years class for them will be big time. He has 2 elite recruiters on staff in brewster and D craig. If there is one thing TAMU fans should not worry about with jimbo it is his recruiting ability.

Agree. TAM is a sleeping giant much like Georgia was for a long time. I like Jimbo. Talks too fast for me though. Feel bad that his ex wife did him so dirty.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Agree. TAM is a sleeping giant much like Georgia was for a long time. I like Jimbo. Talks too fast for me though. Feel bad that his ex wife did him so dirty.

Isn't she a Auburn grad?

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I think soon Jimbo will have TAMU a class like georgia had this year. probaly not the number 1 overall class since texas is still the main show in state but he will have them with a top 5 class. He is going to do big things with Nick Starkel.

Archived