Celebrating our seniors

WFE12

I've created this thread to commemorate all the seniors that put it on the line and represented AU to the fullest extent. Today was the last day that our seniors would practice on campus. Gonna miss these guys and hopefully they can leave on a good note by destroying UCF. If you have any comments or stories please feel free to share.

Great thread.

These seniors have been through some sh...tuff, and they deserve as much credit as anyone for getting this program pointed back in the right direction. No matter what has gone on with the administration, the coaches, the fans, the media or a few rogue clowns that used to be teammates, our locker room remained more stable, unified and positive than it has been since before Tony Franklin. Speaking emotionally, that's just awesome. Speaking pragmatically, I think it's a huge component of the stability that can allow Auburn to continue to have success on the field. 

Also, I would say that the seniors on defense in particular are one of the more important groups of kids we've seen in awhile. Compare where we were in 2014 to now. They literally went from being one of the worst defenses in the P5 to being one of the very best. They went from being the reason we didn't win championships to being the reason we could have. 3 defensive coordinators, but they just kept working and getting better every season. I know they wanted a trophy, but I hope they can look back and fully appreciate what they accomplished. They can talk to their kids about it. That's so cool. 

Gonna remember this group fondly. Gonna enjoy seeing where they go from here. 

And happy to see that none have decided to sit out the bowl game to "protect their NFL careers".   Committed to their coaches and fellow players.  Gonn miss them next season.

I am so happy that they chose to represent Auburn. Their seasons here may not have ended the way they wanted, but there's so much they should be proud of: Knocking off two #1 undefeated teams. Taking us to the championship. Consistently putting us in playoff conversations. Making football fun to watch. I could go on. I also credit the players for building such strong chemistry off the field, because I truly in my heart of hearts believe that's what made all the difference the past couple years.

These are a fine group of men, who've overcome adversity (some players more than others) and put everything on the line every Saturday. I can't wait to see everything they'll accomplish next. They should know that no matter where they go, they've got an entire family rooting for them and cheering them on.

23 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Had to share..

I am so glad you shared this! I saw it on an Insta story and didn’t know if I could pull it from there.

so going to miss our seniors. 

And I’ll eat my crow...I was not a fan of Tray Matthews at first, but LOVE the AU ambassador he turned into. Such a special leader. 

Did you see the clip at the bottom of the Silent Night video.....new helmet look for AU in the Peach Bowl.....pretty neat...

All Seniors and those leaving early for the NFL, thank you for representing our beloved University as student athletes. One more challenge awaits you in our bowl game. Let's go out and beat the last remaining undefeated team left. You guys have laid a foundation to keep Auburn Football strong for several seasons to come. Best wishes to all of you as you move to the next stage of your lives. War Eagle Forever!

:wareagle:

Seniors, we love you, admire you, and are cheering you on. From one alum to you all, War Eagle forever...AUFamily forever. God has amazing plans for you each...physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. Go make Him proud as you fulfill your destiny, and watch your blessings continue to overflow.

Archived