Open Club  ·  57 members

BBQ Boys

Grill mats

SaturdayGT

81PYxFEkXsL._SL1311_.jpg

I bought a pack of these from Amazon for $12 bucks. Thought they would be good for fish. I have yet to try it though.  I am curious if anyone here have used any of these yet and what kind of experience they had?

3 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

81PYxFEkXsL._SL1311_.jpg

I bought a pack of these from Amazon for $12 bucks. Thought they would be good for fish. I have yet to try it though.  I am curious if anyone here have used any of these yet and what kind of experience they had?

'Fraid I'm of no help at all, but my wife (bless her heart) uses a product called Sil-Pat (TM) in the oven for stuff she doesn't want to fall through the grills. Handles up to ~ 400-450F without a problem, and she loves'em. Food grade (silicone material is even used in breast implants), and dish-washerable. Not sure how comparable, and she's never used it for stuff likely to drip over the edges much. 

Keep us posted?

These are rated for 500 degrees. Some are rated at 600 that I saw later. I have a charcoal grill. I know with a charcoal grill, the grates are a little more exposed to direct flame oppsed to gas grills. Im not sure how it will hold up The pack came with 3pc, so Im giving one of them to a buddy of mine that has a gas grill. Ill try and update both when the times comes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2018 at 1:25 PM, SaturdayGT said:

81PYxFEkXsL._SL1311_.jpg

Interesting. Never seen them but gotta be good for fish. I like the cedar planks for salmon. Trick for fish is lots of lemon and butter plus Slap-Ya-Mamma seasoning IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would only use with fish. I have tried something similar I got from Costco with some success but they can be a little pain to clean

Archived