Buck Fama

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Those people are so crazy that one of their fans actually poisoned our oak tree... Let us never forget. War Eagle. 

I will Never forget that.....now with that being said......The anatomy of a bama fan is an interesting dynamic. There are a few different types...at least IMHO.

You have the Moochers....who think that just because they got an Alabama jersey for Christmas that they put on makes them just completely better than the entire world. This fan knows very little about football usually, only know Saban's name, and are up there with the most obnoxious of any people to be around. We have all ran into this fan on many occasions. All they know how to do is say roll tide....and bash Auburn.....

You have the bandwagons.....say no more.....people who truly have no passion and i don't want fans like that at Auburn even if we were winning 5-6 Natties.

Then you have the Turds......The most common....Who generally have some football knowledge. These fans typically think they are more intelligent than they are. They try to act classy....for a while...but once a few beers gets in the pipe they go back to their usual ways. These are the ones you usually see fighting....or making threats......These are the ones that you run into at a grocery store and they will make it a point to circle back to come face to face because they saw your Auburn hat and they will say some smart remark because they know they can do it in the safety of the local Walmart without getting their tail whipped. These are the ones that typically cant count to twelve but seem to remember exactly how many mythological Championships Bama won (usually before they were born like they were apart of it) These are the worst....with once exception....the Updykes......need i say any more?????

There is one Alabama fan that is the exception. They are somewhat rare....but they exists. They are the ones that truly love college football, truly love their home state, who appreciate the history and tradition of the Iron Bowl and both schools. I have a brother in law who fits this Category. He was born into Bama. Loves it deeply. Ill never forget when Bama destroyed us in 2012....and he was just bothered by it....he was upset at how bad Auburn was. We were at that game and he looked over at me late in the game and he just looked down and out....and he just said " This isn't right...it shouldn't be like this." It was very classy He also called me on January 10th, 2011 to tell me how happy he was for me and for Auburn....and he meant it. This is a true fan. This is a good man. Just a few weeks ago we were talking ball and he asked what the deal with the War Eagle and Tigers was.....and i told him the legacy of War Eagle....and he was blown away.....now he wants to buy tickets to an Auburn game just to see it. Now he will never convert he still is die hard by Bama but he is just as classy as it gets. There are others like him.....But they aren't common. 

In short, I guess every fan-base has some good and some bad in it......but i will say i wish more of the turds were like my brother in law. 

2 more:  The Bama fan who wears his national championship  T-shirt to church.
                 The Bama fan who comes to AU home games when Bama's not playing decked out in Crimson.

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I will Never forget that.....now with that being said......The anatomy of a bama fan is an interesting dynamic. There are a few different types...at least IMHO.

You have the Moochers....who think that just because they got an Alabama jersey for Christmas that they put on makes them just completely better than the entire world. This fan knows very little about football usually, only know Saban's name, and are up there with the most obnoxious of any people to be around. We have all ran into this fan on many occasions. All they know how to do is say roll tide....and bash Auburn.....

You have the bandwagons.....say no more.....people who truly have no passion and i don't want fans like that at Auburn even if we were winning 5-6 Natties.

Then you have the Turds......The most common....Who generally have some football knowledge. These fans typically think they are more intelligent than they are. They try to act classy....for a while...but once a few beers gets in the pipe they go back to their usual ways. These are the ones you usually see fighting....or making threats......These are the ones that you run into at a grocery store and they will make it a point to circle back to come face to face because they saw your Auburn hat and they will say some smart remark because they know they can do it in the safety of the local Walmart without getting their tail whipped. These are the ones that typically cant count to twelve but seem to remember exactly how many mythological Championships Bama won (usually before they were born like they were apart of it) These are the worst....with once exception....the Updykes......need i say any more?????

There is one Alabama fan that is the exception. They are somewhat rare....but they exists. They are the ones that truly love college football, truly love their home state, who appreciate the history and tradition of the Iron Bowl and both schools. I have a brother in law who fits this Category. He was born into Bama. Loves it deeply. Ill never forget when Bama destroyed us in 2012....and he was just bothered by it....he was upset at how bad Auburn was. We were at that game and he looked over at me late in the game and he just looked down and out....and he just said " This isn't right...it shouldn't be like this." It was very classy He also called me on January 10th, 2011 to tell me how happy he was for me and for Auburn....and he meant it. This is a true fan. This is a good man. Just a few weeks ago we were talking ball and he asked what the deal with the War Eagle and Tigers was.....and i told him the legacy of War Eagle....and he was blown away.....now he wants to buy tickets to an Auburn game just to see it. Now he will never convert he still is die hard by Bama but he is just as classy as it gets. There are others like him.....But they aren't common. 

In short, I guess every fan-base has some good and some bad in it......but i will say i wish more of the turds were like my brother in law. 

You're brother-in-law is a unicorn. So was my father. 

I am a school teacher and a coach.  I actually have former players that I coached playing at both schools.  I have a greater appreciation than many for what goes into the profession of coaching.  I do have a huge respect for what Saban is doing.  I don’t think we will see it replicated again.  That being said when I wear Auburn gear to school I always have the “moochers” that start yapping.  I always find it amusing to show them how much more I know about Alabama football than they do.  I actually had one this year that could not tell me that Tua is Bama’s starting QB and had no clue who Bear Bryant was!  Learned behavior.  They just keep reproducing!

36 minutes ago, WarEagle1982 said:

They just keep reproducing!

There should be a sterilization plan for the good of society.

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Those people are so crazy that one of their fans actually poisoned our oak tree... Let us never forget. War Eagle. 

people forget the auburn fan that was poisoned in tuscaloosa for refusing to remove his auburn cap at a burger joint. the auburn man went to the hospital because some slimebag actually put rat poison on his burger. the worker was arrested for what he did and the auburn fan survived but to be honest i am not sure if he had enough poison fed to him to kill him. so lets be clear....there are turd fans that will kill more than tree's.

I usually tell the turds and moochers I have a lot in common with them.  They look shocked, then I proceed to tell them I, too, have never taken a class at the University of Alabama nor have I been on campus. Like @WarEagle1982, I ask them questions about their history and they usually slither away.  They got nothing.

9 hours ago, CR said:

2 more:  The Bama fan who wears his national championship  T-shirt to church.
                 The Bama fan who comes to AU home games when Bama's not playing decked out in Crimson.

This one right here. 

11 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I haven't.....and I won't.  I don't hold all bammers responsible for the actual poisoning. That's on updyke and his criminal friends for conspiring to do something so awful.

I hold bammers responsible for making him a hero, and for embracing the aftermath of his destruction with such enthusiasm and enjoyment. 

Buck fama. 

WAR EAGLE!!!! It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger no matter what happens in the IB. 

When I go to the local WalMart and see all of the necks in there wearing their turd gear I am thankful I don’t wear their colors.  Saw one today wearing a 13 hat.  Started to tell him it was outdated but I’m certain he probably couldn’t read anyway.

16 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

My Dad fit the latter category. Pulled for them but if Auburn had a better position on the national stage depending on the outcome of the game, he would be happy for Auburn if the won. 

This man took me to my first Auburn game in 1976 (his first college game at 35 years old),and gave me memories I'll never forget. He never steered me to be for Alabama, always encouraged me when Auburn would lose; never mocked or disrespected Auburn. 

This will be my first Iron Bowl without him, we lost him to a long-failing heart in October.  I won't pull for them to win tomorrow, but if they do, as expected, it won't bother me for them to win it all this year; he would have liked that.

23 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

My Dad fit the latter category. Pulled for them but if Auburn had a better position on the national stage depending on the outcome of the game, he would be happy for Auburn if the won. 

This man took me to my first Auburn game in 1976 (his first college game at 35 years old),and gave me memories I'll never forget. He never steered me to be for Alabama, always encouraged me when Auburn would lose; never mocked or disrespected Auburn. 

This will be my first Iron Bowl without him, we lost him to a long-failing heart in October.  I won't pull for them to win tomorrow, but if they do, as expected, it won't bother me for them to win it all this year; he would have liked that.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What precious memories, and I will join you in the delight department on your last sentence for his sake alone. 

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. What precious memories, and I will join you in the delight department on your last sentence for his sake alone. 

Thank you...and War Eagle!

18 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I approve of this message!

• WarTiger locked and unlocked this topic
  • 1 month later...

Archived