Men vs. Florida tournament game

WarTiger

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i want UK to win today....the blowout loss that they pinned on us a while back will still be in their minds after spending a bunch of energy and emotion against UT today......might just look past us as an easy win......the way the games are being called, UT will just mug us inside and nothing will be called....hell, thats the way it is now when they play.....

No one should ever want to play Kentucky 

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The espn guys saying “that’s an obvious foul on the shot.” Unreal 

I don’t know what they’re even seeing because there was at least 3 fouls before he even tried to put up the shot. 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We’d get smashed by UK if we played them tomorrow. 

Like someone said above. Worst matchup for us in the entire country. Them and UNC. 

Always enjoy fans "clearly blah blah" comments when it comes to basketball.

Dick Vitale: "(UF) player clearly not in act of shooting". (i.e. Take your 2 irrelevant free throws w/ au having 3 pt lead w/ 2 secs left- end of game)

His side kick: "are u kidding me?"

Also moot (Vols won) but we played UK twice - barely losing by 2 at home and getting crushed at UK. How was neutral site vs UK an assumed AU butt whipping?

56 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gwill remember to strap your straight jacket on before the game starts tomorrow.😉

40 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Always enjoy fans "clearly blah blah" comments when it comes to basketball.

Dick Vitale: "(UF) player clearly not in act of shooting". (i.e. Take your 2 irrelevant free throws w/ au having 3 pt lead w/ 2 secs left- end of game)

His side kick: "are u kidding me?"

Also moot (Vols won) but we played UK twice - barely losing by 2 at home and getting crushed at UK. How was neutral site vs UK an assumed AU butt whipping?

Except it wouldn't have been 2 free throws.  It would have been 1 and 1.  neither team was in the double bonus.      Also, no mention in all of this that the florida player actually traveled prior to being fouled or shooting.

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Except it wouldn't have been 2 free throws.  It would have been 1 and 1.  neither team was in the double bonus.      Also, no mention in all of this that the florida player actually traveled prior to being fouled or shooting.

I thought so too. He definitely wasn't in the act of shooting when fouled. Didn't realize about the bonus situation. 

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I thought so too. He definitely wasn't in the act of shooting when fouled. Didn't realize about the bonus situation. 

Strategically that play shouldn't have happened. If Brown or somebody would have fouled him around half court, he would have had 1 and 1 with about 3 seconds left,had to make the 1st ft, miss the 2nd on purpose, and then get the rebound, and make the put back to tie.

The last time we played in the SEC Title game. MAN I had no idea Arky only had 18 wins coming in to this game. They had the best player on the floor though easily in Joe Johnson though. I can see how they made a run now. 

5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Top 25 program!!

Yeah I heard him make that statement too.  I think he is right.  Also doing some recruiting.

4 hours ago, jared52 said:

I’m just here to cry about the non-foul call on AU at the end. See I can hate the refs both ways!

J/K I missed most of the game due to my daughter’s soccer game. Kept up with the score though. I’m sure I was sorely missed here. 

Most importantly ... did your daughter win?  What age?

22 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

Most importantly ... did your daughter win?  What age?

They drew 2-2. She had her first goal in a year on a nice one time touch on a back post cross. Should have been 6-2 but our girls kept finding the keeper on their shots. She’s playing rec U14.

30 minutes ago, jared52 said:

They drew 2-2. She had her first goal in a year on a nice one time touch on a back post cross. Should have been 6-2 but our girls kept finding the keeper on their shots. She’s playing rec U14.

Nice! Have watched my fair share of girls soccer.  Love watching my kids play.  

I don’t know who his competition is but Bruce should comfortably finish as Auburn’s all time best 

especially if he gets a Sharife/Mustapha caliber of recruit at the 4 or 5. A NBA ready big would allow his offense to be unstoppable (you’d just need a big willing to get little involvement)

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know who his competition is but Bruce should comfortably finish as Auburn’s all time best 

especially if he gets a Sharife/Mustapha caliber of recruit at the 4 or 5. A NBA ready big would allow his offense to be unstoppable (you’d just need a big willing to get little involvement)

Is that saying that Wiley isn't NBA ready?

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

You'll need guards that would pass it to him. You just need an injury free Wiley

I look forward to the antics tomorrow. Today was ABSOLUTELY perfect basketball wise. Auburn in the finals. My cousin got the go ahead to beat Kentucky for the second year in a row gave an awesome post game interview showing his character; and now I can watch him in the finals. Anyway tomorrow I get to be happy. I like the odds

Archived