NHL thread

SaturdayGT

Any NHL fans here? Ive kinda loosely followed the sport, and have always followed the Carolina Hurricanes. They are currently tied with the NHL defending champions in a best of 7 series. Really intense game tonight!! Playoff Hockey is so intense and just a total blast!! Loving this sport!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Any NHL fans here? Ive kinda loosely followed the sport, and have always followed the Carolina Hurricanes. They are currently tied with the NHL defending champions in a best of 7 series. Really intense game tonight!! Playoff Hockey is so intense and just a total blast!! Loving this sport!!

Yes, not much better than than playoff hockey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes, not much better than than playoff hockey. 

Yes!!....Prrroooobly not for those with any sort of Heart issues though.....lol

11 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

I like the NHL but there’s not much coverage in my area. There’s been more since the playoffs started. I like the Flyers, Wings, and B’s. I’ll probably pull for Nashville along with Boston in these playoffs. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 6:16 PM, aubearcat said:

I was at Game 7 in Boston last year between these two teams.  Was an amazing experience.

• Like 1

🐻

A little one timer for the W! 🐻

• 2 weeks later...

🐻🐻🐻

🐻🐻🐻🐻!  the Celtics are letting me down but the Bruins are in the conference finals. 

It’s kinda lonely in here but 🐻🐻🐻 down!

Pulling for the Blues in the West. 

Blues were up by a goal in game 3 with a minute to go when the Sharks score an equalizer to send to OT. Then I think the Blues got screwed in OT. Sharks appeared to have a hand pass across the crease for another player to score the goal and win in OT. Evidently a hand pass is not reviewable.  Sharks steal game 3. Great game and series so far.  A lot of scoring.

On the hand pass, the puck was in the air when the Sharks player swatted it with his hand towards a teammate near the goal instead of pulling it down.  

I’m a 🐻 but the jerseys that Carolina is wearing tonight are really cool. 

6 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I’m a 🐻 but the jerseys that Carolina is wearing tonight are really cool. 

I like their entire palette of colors and logos. 

10 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I like their entire palette of colors and logos. 

It’s a good looking uniform which isn’t usually the case for expansion franchises 

🐻🐻🐻🐻🧹.   Now, win Lord Stanley’s cup!

If the Bruins can take the Cup, I’ve had a pretty good year as a Boston sports fan. A Sox World Series championship, Patriots Super Bowl, and a Bruins Stanley Cup. Damn Celtics 😡🤬!

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:12 AM, aubearcat said:

If the Bruins can take the Cup, I’ve had a pretty good year as a Boston sports fan. A Sox World Series championship, Patriots Super Bowl, and a Bruins Stanley Cup. Damn Celtics 😡🤬!

Looks like your Bruins will be well rested with the way the Western Finals are looking towards 7 game series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Looks like your Bruins will be well rested with the way the Western Finals are looking towards 7 game series. 

I had that same thought. It is curious though that the NHL playoffs seem to move faster than the NBA playoffs. I’d be willing to wager that the Stanley Cup will be over for probably a week, even if it goes 7, before the NBA, even if it has the same or less games. 

23 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I had that same thought. It is curious though that the NHL playoffs seem to move faster than the NBA playoffs. I’d be willing to wager that the Stanley Cup will be over for probably a week, even if it goes 7, before the NBA, even if it has the same or less games. 

NHL still only takes 1 day off between games.  NBA will take 2 sometimes 3 days between.  NHL used to play the next night when the venue hadn't changed, much like baseball.  Maybe NBA did as well, but yes NHL does clean up quicker, and a lot more fun. 

• Like 1