NHL thread

SaturdayGT

image.gif.573fff130e12fc122e4e64b32656236f.gif

playoffs start tonight. I hope for a better result than from the Celtics game 1. 

My dad actually finally got him a St Louis Blues hockey jersey custom with his name and number. He's been a fan of them for years.  They are pretty close to me now.  So we root for them now.  930 game is killer though lol

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Well, heading back home now so there's that. 

Blues looked excellent first game but series was evened up in game 2. All of their games starting at 930 is brutal lol

Indeed. It feels like the championship window has closed or is closing quickly. Pasta and Marchand will keep the Bs a little above average while they are there but they’re getting some age now. 

image.gif.da758eee1784d60b89c869bc4195a3c7.gifOn the board

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

image.gif.da758eee1784d60b89c869bc4195a3c7.gifOn the board

Blues lost 2 straight after that great win Game 1. In the same boat. 

B’s game 7 tonight and C’s game 7 tomorrow!

Baring a miracle, Bs are image.gif.37d9592e5d0018eb76687bae661ca4f6.gif

Time to even it up Blues 🎵

Gonna be tough to beat the Avs without Binnington in goal.  Injured in first period.  Hope he can come back in a couple days.  Couldn't move side to side very well though so not good for a goalie. 

Well that turned out to be a great series despite it ending in 6. In Game 5 Blues refused to be eliminated with AVs leading 3-0 in 2nd period and scored with the extra man to tie it and win it in OT. Very exciting 3rd period with a few lead changes.  Then Game 6, Avs came back from 2-0 to tie in 3rd, and won it with a goal in the final 10 seconds.  

I suspect the ending would have been different with Binnington in goal.  He never returned after game 1 with that injury.  

Since the Boston was eliminated I haven’t watched a game. I’ll probably watch the Stanley cup. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

Since the Boston was eliminated I haven’t watched a game. I’ll probably watch the Stanley cup. 

Understandable being you still have an NBA championship to shoot for too.  Some years I only watch the Stanley Cup Final.  Those series rarely disappoint.  I would still argue an NHL game 7 is better than any other game 7 as far as intensity, swings, etc. If probably put MLB just behind it, then NBA. That's just my opinion anyways.  I think it is the sudden eruptions of cheers in the NHL that hockey brings when you score that make it tilt that way.  And they can fight it out literally 😆.  Baseball is not far behind though with late inning drama that we've seen in recent world series. The Lebron block against GS as a Cav was a recent memorable moment for me in NBA.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

@aubearcat Doesn't look like anyone is in Boston's tier this year. Incredible record (like 46-8?) and only 2 losses at home.  Stanley or bust for this season.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...