Open Club  ·  21 members

AUF DIY

Patio paver sand

alexava

I just bought 2 pallets of pavers. Lowes had them for 4 for 1.00$ regularly .56$. In total i got 1404 4x8" red brick style pavers. I am having them delivered simply because i don't have a forklift at home and didn't want to unload by hand.. I think delivery was 69$. I am making a side walk and extending my patio out. Eventually put a new fire pit in. My question is for anyone who might have done this before. I am not going to buy bag sand. Ill get a truck load scoop at the landscaping yard. this project will not be completely level. Let me back up. Im going to rent a sod cutter to remove the grass and up to 2.5 inches of soil. Then spread and level (somewhat level) the sand before i place the pavers. Does the type sand i use matter? It would take around 50 bags of sand to do this. i know a scoop would be much cheaper.

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I just bought 2 pallets of pavers. Lowes had them for 4 for 1.00$ regularly .56$. In total i got 1404 4x8" red brick style pavers. I am having them delivered simply because i don't have a forklift at home and didn't want to unload by hand.. I think delivery was 69$. I am making a side walk and extending my patio out. Eventually put a new fire pit in. My question is for anyone who might have done this before. I am not going to buy bag sand. Ill get a truck load scoop at the landscaping yard. this project will not be completely level. Let me back up. Im going to rent a sod cutter to remove the grass and up to 2.5 inches of soil. Then spread and level (somewhat level) the sand before i place the pavers. Does the type sand i use matter? It would take around 50 bags of sand to do this. i know a scoop would be much cheaper.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/use-mason-sand-playground-sand-paver-base-80901.html

Good discussion on the issue …..check it out....

Archived