MLB thread

GwillMac6

Lol had nowhere else to put this news so ehhhh why not here!? Lol 

We needed a thread for all MLB other than Braves and Yankees lol. Of course they can be in this thread too. 

Astros just became a juggernaut! Greinke will be the number 3 starter in the playoffs,  and they solidified their bullpen.  Next 3 months and a week will be fun. Go Stros!

Edited by AUBwins
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

You happy with the trade deadline pick up wins?! Or did you want more like another starter arm?

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You happy with the trade deadline pick up wins?! Or did you want more like another starter arm?

As much as you want to have 3 reliable starters in a 5 to 7 game series, you definitely need to take away the bullpen liability.  The Braves have been blowing saves repeatedly, including an hour before the trade was announced lol.  You could be pitching a gem only for the bullpen to lose it. I love them picking up an Allstar closer, and find it a nice surprise to gain the setup men options.  They made themselves better for this year.  

Astros nailed it.  They are dangerous if they stay healthy, and now have 2 former AL Cy Young winners in the rotation with the other leading the majors in Ks.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

As much as you want to have 3 reliable starters in a 5 to 7 game series, you definitely need to take away the bullpen liability.  The Braves have been blowing saves repeatedly, including an hour before the trade was announced lol.  You could be pitching a gem only for the bullpen to lose it. I love them picking up an Allstar closer, and find it a nice surprise to gain the setup men options.  They made themselves better for this year.  

Astros nailed it.  They are dangerous if they stay healthy, and now have 2 former AL Cy Young winners in the rotation with the other leading the majors in Ks.

Well all right then!!!! Congrats to you Wins!!! You sound pumped! Just go get Gerrit Cole in the off season and sign him to a massive contract since he is a FA. RIGHT?! 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well all right then!!!! Congrats to you Wins!!! You sound pumped! Just go get Gerrit Cole in the off season and sign him to a massive contract since he is a FA. RIGHT?! 

Yep, and he is just filthy this year.  Having a career year while still feeling like he is in the shadows.  Just goes about his business.  I would take that any day.  Signing him would be monumental but he is due for a huge bump in salary after the season. 

• Love 1

The Other trade from Astros at deadline ... 2 newcomers help combine for no hitter

So the Braves new closer, blows the first save opportunity, giving up a3 run homer.  Unreal. 

On 8/5/2019 at 1:05 AM, AUBwins said:

So the Braves new closer, blows the first save opportunity, giving up a3 run homer.  Unreal. 

@AUBwins he blew his 1st save the day before on a tough luck bloop hit. The 3 run homer you mentioned wasn't a blown save. It was a straight up loss. The game was tied at 3 in the 10th inning when the homer was hit.

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to MLB thread
Edited by AUBwins

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Omg, that was hilarious.  Can definitely make a baseball broadcast more lively Haha. I like him better as baseball color guy than a basketball one. I guess this was a guest appearance since they were in LA?

If this lasts more than 4 hours, get help :laugh:

Edited by AUBwins

What is the point of the players Jersey weekend, where you are either in All white or all black, regardless of the team colors? Hideous and just dreadful to try and watch. If they had some team color trim, it would be at least a little tolerable. 

mlb-unveils-special-monochromatic-uniforms-for-2019-players-weekend.jpg

This would be similar to the city jerseys in NBA and while I still don't like them, they could be fine for a weekend series. This was rumored a possible option at one time.

CityPlayer-Tees.jpg

• 1 month later...

Verlander and Altuve in playoff form. Win game one.  Go 'Stros!

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where this should go...maybe under AU baseball?

BUT...….MLB wants to cut the number of minor league teams by 1/4th...….would eliminate thousands of entry level professional baseball jobs for HS and college prospects.

Included to be eliminated are the rookie and short season leagues where most college players get their professional start.   I did not do a close count but looks like a hundred teams could be shut down. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/mlb-wants-slash-number-minor-174911244.html 

Not sure how this would affect college baseball....be interesting to hear what POD and some others who follow the game in general and might have some thoughts on what this could mean for the game over-all.    But just thinking.....no additional NCAA baseball scholarships and hundreds if not thousands of fewer rookie opportunities?  :dunno:  Long term that's gotta hurt prospects in the US.    

On 10/4/2019 at 7:23 PM, AUBwins said:

Verlander and Altuve in playoff form. Win game one.  Go 'Stros!

Speaking as a Red Sox fan, I endorse this message. 

THE BRODIE AND THE BEAAAAAAAARD!!! WOOOOO!!!!! 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

ALLLLTTTUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE!

Freaking right! I did the silent yell since the kids were asleep.  Too bad the HOUSTON games for the series are mid Workweek. Otherwise maybe I could have swung a ticket from my boss.  Grrr.