MLB thread

GwillMac6

As a lifelong Braves fan, I am supposed to hate the Gnats, but the way they went from being out of the playoffs to winning the WS is just incredible. It's easier to stomach since they did it without Bryce Harper. 

• Like 2

Yes they had the best record in baseball since late May. Clearly faced a bunch of fastball pitchers. LOL. 

Greinke pitched a Maddox type of game last night. Just had zero run support for the caliber of offense Washington brings. If the Stros capitalize on one or two of those chances in the early innings, they win IMO. In Washington, they did get the runners home early and it got away from Nats. In Houston they didn’t and it allowed Nats to hang around until they could push one over the wall. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jared52 said:

As a lifelong Braves fan, I am supposed to hate the Gnats, but the way they went from being out of the playoffs to winning the WS is just incredible. It's easier to stomach since they did it without Bryce Harper. 

Agree

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cbsn-fusion-astros-fire-gm-and-manager-o

Houston Astros fire both GM and manager after the fallout of the MLB investigation of the Astros sign stealing in 2017.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-gm-jeff-luhnow-manager-a-j-hinch-fired-by-owner-jim-crane-for-roles-in-cheating-scandal/

• Like 1

Won’t be long before my man Cora is hammered. 

• Love 1

14 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Won’t be long before my man Cora is hammered. 

And he's gone. 

• Love 1

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

And he's gone. 

Possibly a lifetime ban

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Possibly a lifetime ban

Wow.  That's rough.

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Wow.  That's rough.

Indeed, but he’s allegedly the one that developed the process while he was with the Astros. 

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Indeed, but he’s allegedly the one that developed the process while he was with the Astros. 

That makes sense.  I suppose Beltran will be out soon as well. 

On 1/15/2020 at 9:47 AM, aubearcat said:

Right. And the Red Sox firing him, while attempting to appear blameless, reminds me of the bamr and T Town menswear thing. Where bamr performed an 'exhaustive' one day investigation into the affair and found bamr to be free and clear, yet sent a cease and desist order to the owner of the business, Tom Albetar.

• 2 weeks later...

Was watching some videos of favorite moments from favorite teams from the past. During this video I forgot about some people.... see who you can see besides Nolan and Ventura (I was at that game also!)

https://www.mlb.com/news/mookie-betts-trade-red-sox-dodgers

ESPN is also reporting that this season is going to be a total reboot. Probably going to trade JBJ and other players that can get good high level farm system returns. 😢 I still haven’t seen where a manager has been named. Varitek was being mentioned as a potential candidate but I haven’t seen anything other than fan desires. 

• 2 months later...

Just learned tonight that Hall of Famer Al Kaline died on April 6th. He was 85. One of my childhood favorites. RIP Mr. Tiger

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

As a Yankee fan I truly disliked him but he was one hell of a pitcher

Growing up during Seaver's era, He was what was once called an 'iron man' pitcher. To have over 230 complete games, play 20 years, was an unbelievable accomplishment. 

I admired him because of his grit and just a good guy and always a tough tough pitcher.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Paladin said:

Damn he was one of the best pirchers I ever saw. He had o problem backing you off the plate high and tight.............

• Like 1