Irritating Ad Format

ShocksMyBrain

This morning is the first time I’ve noticed it. I can click the X to make it go away, or click the arrow to roll it up. I’d prefer not to see this style of ads, as it reloads on every single page I go through. 

I primarily view AUF with Safari on my iPhone. I’ve tried clearing my history and website data already. 

wAXdFK9.jpg

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

This morning is the first time I’ve noticed it. I can click the X to make it go away, or click the arrow to roll it up. I’d prefer not to see this style of ads, as it reloads on every single page I go through. 

I primarily view AUF with Safari on my iPhone. I’ve tried clearing my history and website data already. 

wAXdFK9.jpg

Same with the Xbox.

Just now, RunInRed said:

Hmmm not really sure what the ask is.  We have to have a business model to make this site sustainable.

I was unsure if there was a way to disable this particular ad. I don’t mind the others, but having a popup drop down ad is distracting.

6 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was unsure if there was a way to disable this particular ad. I don’t mind the others, but having a popup drop down ad is distracting.

It's obnoxious on chrome mobile as well. Constantly having to minimize in order to click on site buttons, or check notifications as seen here: 

Screenshot_20191104-202557.png

36 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It's obnoxious on chrome mobile as well. Constantly having to minimize in order to click on site buttons, or check notifications as seen here: 

Did you also start noticing it today?

38 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yup same here. It’s horrendous and makes it very difficult to click on notifications. I’d join a patreon (sp) account paying like $10 per month to not have something like this. 

Just now, Zeek said:

Yup same here. It’s horrendous and makes it very difficult to click on notifications. I’d join a patreon (sp) account paying like $10 per month to not have something like this. 

Yep. You have to dismiss the ad or roll it up to view notifications. 

That’s what I have to do there. The tab and notification bell are so close for my fat fingers.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:50 PM, RunInRed said:

Hmmm not really sure what the ask is.  We have to have a business model to make this site sustainable.

I think what the issue is Red is that the dropdown on any mobile app drops down every page, even if you already minimized it.  That can also be a hassle because it blocks entirely the upper right hand corner so you cannot see what messages or notifications you have.  Does that make sense?

On 11/8/2019 at 9:18 PM, RunInRed said:

Let me see if I can get rid of it ... don't say I never did anything for you guys ;)

Any movement on this?

Banner ads all day long for bammer gear.....I know the owners need the revenue but seeing all that red is disgusting...

11 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Might have to do with your browsing history. 

Maybe but I have never clicked a bammer site...ever.......well other than al.com. :)

Archived