December 24 I celebrate my 10th year on AUfamily

lost

I know my post count is nowhere high as many others here.  But  I have been reading AUfamily since it's conception.  I followed Rednilla over here 10 years ago.....  I have been a member of 24/7 and a few others and it is my opinion this is the most tech friendly and has the best staff.  I stay busy as a Pastor,Grandfather and Father and Husband but i love to get on as much as i can.  

1 hour ago, lost said:

I know my post count is nowhere high as many others here.  But  I have been reading AUfamily since it's conception.  I followed Rednilla over here 10 years ago.....  I have been a member of 24/7 and a few others and it is my opinion this is the most tech friendly and has the best staff.  I stay busy as a Pastor,Grandfather and Father and Husband but i love to get on as much as i can.  

Out of likes, love your post. Totally agree; compared to other boards, none can touch it. I totally get your screen name now! 😉🦋 December 25 is 9 years 4 me. My lurker Auburn-to-Japan expat brother alerted me to this fine company! 🤣🙌

It appears I came on board 10 yrs ago on New Year's Eve, starting with AuburnEagle. Or is that when the switch to AU Family happened?  I seem to remember following the Cam Newton recruitment that December before the 31st. 

16 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

It appears I came on board 10 yrs ago on New Year's Eve, starting with AuburnEagle. Or is that when the switch to AU Family happened?  I seem to remember following the Cam Newton recruitment that December before the 31st. 

Auburn Eagle for me too. The three of us joined around the same time. My 10 years will be Jan 24. I had decided I'd had enough of al.com at that point. 

+10 year club for me as well.  I had no idea.  I guess time flies when you have fun.   Anyone remember the old auburneagle.com tent that was set up years ago outside the stadium???   I still have my shirt!

I’ve been here long enough to say

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

😁

Yes, this is by far the best board out there. Appreciate all that dedicate their time to keep this site up.

December 11th will be 12 years for me. Before that it was Auburneagle if I recall correctly. 

1 hour ago, tigerchris said:

+10 year club for me as well.  I had no idea.  I guess time flies when you have fun.   Anyone remember the old auburneagle.com tent that was set up years ago outside the stadium???   I still have my shirt!

Chris,

I was at that tailgate as well; it was A-day of the year Mike Dyer and Dakota Mosley signed with us ( I have the picture of both of them on my wall in Auburn room along with Ryan White. I didn't get a t-shirt but still have the wrist band. You would think we would get a chip for 10 years like in AA for putting up with these fools so long.  

1 hour ago, tigerchris said:

I have my shirt as well.  It's a bit tight now lol.  10 years is a long time Haha.  It got too famous.  Mike Dyer wore it in interviews and wasn't long before the cease and desist letter came to shut it down.  Haha. 

51 minutes ago, around4ever said:

January 29th will be 10 years for me starting out on Auburn Eagle.  It seems there were a lot of us who joined around that time. 

I guess we all knew something special was brewing with signing Cam. Lol

Congratulations! I passed 12 years here back in March. I can't compare this to other boards, this is the only sports board I read, except for free Rivals recruiting lists and Auburntigers.com, the official AU site.

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Congratulations! I passed 12 years here back in March. I can't compare this to other boards, this is the only sports board I read, except for free Rivals recruiting lists and Auburntigers.com, the official AU site.

tryrty.gif

16 + years for me. I got an empty PBR can from Golf on my tenth anniversary. 😎

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

tryrty.gif

You shouldn't be surprised. To some of you, the internet is the highlight of your lives. To me it's a pleasant, brief, usually once or twice a day  diversion.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

You shouldn't be surprised. To some of you, the internet is the highlight of your lives. To me it's a pleasant, brief, usually once or twice a day  diversion.

Nooo nooo nooooooo you got it all wrong you cheap reenactment of Walt Matthau in grumpy old man!!!! Hahaha the highlight of me and the Wolfpack day is the time we get to spend with you!!! Me @Tiger, @McLoofus, @fredst ,@AUBwins  and @Maverick.AU truly cherish each day the interactions with you!!!! Lol wooooooo!!!!! Let's goooooo King goooooo Mike Mike!!!!

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wolfpack day

It's a squealing mouse pack. Now Gus has stepped on the pack's tails and they will squeak and whimper for another 12 months.

Exciting game in The Arena tonight, I had figured Furman would be tough. AU wins in OT and a W is a W in basketball. Not so in football, where the mouse pack whines about a six-point win over an SEC team.

41 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's a squealing mouse pack. Now Gus has stepped on the pack's tails and they will squeak and whimper for another 12 months.

Exciting game in The Arena tonight, I had figured Furman would be tough. AU wins in OT and a W is a W in basketball. Not so in football, where the mouse pack whines about a six-point win over an SEC team.

Is this you letting us know you want us to go to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando because Disney World is there?!??! ARE YOU  WANTING TO PLAN A GROUP TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD?!?! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. LETS FREAKING DO IT BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! MIKE MIKE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. SIR! SIR! SIIIIIIIR! THIS IS NOT AL.COM or PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL. This is AU Family! We are fans of Auburn first and foremost. you are insinuating we are not happy we just beat our biggest rival who was a top 5 team?!??! LOLOLOLOLOL that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. WE ARE AUBURN FANS. FANS OF AUBURN above any coach. You are the one acting like you have some lifelong allegiance to the guy. All we ask is for him to modernize the passing game. Hand OVER THE OFFENSE truly (and for real this time. no half assing it) to a stud OC! (MAYBE CHAD MORRIS EH EH EH?!?!) And hire a STUD OL Coach. Gus is a REALLY good Head Coach. What he does best is be a CEO Head Coach. Being the de facto OC and play caller has passed him by. We just ask to be more consistent vs LSU and Georgia! Losing to mediocre Georgia teams in 15 and 16 hurt so badly. I am still not over that. We gave those games away. BUT ANYWAYS that is water under the bridge until next season. Lets table it and get ready for most likely whatever Big Ten team we play in the Citrus!!! WAR DAMN!!!

P.S. LAUGHABLE you try to compare us winning by the skin of our teeth in basketball to Furman to football. Basketball is a totally different sport. A sport in which Coach K can lose to Stephen F Austin and have a 2 decade winning streak snapped of beating non conference opponents at Cameron ONLY TO TURN AROUND and win the very next week on the road vs a top ten Michigan State team. Kentucky lost earlier at home to Evansville!! I DID NOT KNOW WHAT A EVANSVILLE WAS TILL THEN!!! lol. Upsets happen galore like these every single year in college ball. The gap is a lot wider in football. It happens a lot more rarely.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Is this you letting us know you want us to go to the Citrus Bowl in Orlando because Disney World is there?!??! ARE YOU  WANTING TO PLAN A GROUP TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD?!?! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. LETS FREAKING DO IT BAY BAAAAAAAAY!!!!!! MIKE MIKE MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKE. SIR! SIR! SIIIIIIIR! THIS IS NOT AL.COM or PAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWL. This is AU Family! We are fans of Auburn first and foremost. you are insinuating we are not happy we just beat our biggest rival who was a top 5 team?!??! LOLOLOLOLOL that is the most asinine thing I have ever heard. WE ARE AUBURN FANS. FANS OF AUBURN above any coach. You are the one acting like you have some lifelong allegiance to the guy. All we ask is for him to modernize the passing game. Hand OVER THE OFFENSE truly (and for real this time. no half assing it) to a stud OC! (MAYBE CHAD MORRIS EH EH EH?!?!) And hire a STUD OL Coach. Gus is a REALLY good Head Coach. What he does best is be a CEO Head Coach. Being the de facto OC and play caller has passed him by. We just ask to be more consistent vs LSU and Georgia! Losing to mediocre Georgia teams in 15 and 16 hurt so badly. I am still not over that. We gave those games away. BUT ANYWAYS that is water under the bridge until next season. Lets table it and get ready for most likely whatever Big Ten team we play in the Citrus!!! WAR DAMN!!!

P.S. LAUGHABLE you try to compare us winning by the skin of our teeth in basketball to Furman to football. Basketball is a totally different sport. A sport in which Coach K can lose to Stephen F Austin and have a 2 decade winning streak snapped of beating non conference opponents at Cameron ONLY TO TURN AROUND and win the very next week on the road vs a top ten Michigan State team. Kentucky lost earlier at home to Evansville!! I DID NOT KNOW WHAT A EVANSVILLE WAS TILL THEN!!! lol. Upsets happen galore like these every single year in college ball. The gap is a lot wider in football. It happens a lot more rarely.

I was referring to the whining after the six point win over Ol' Miss. I prefer Dilly as the OC, he's doing fine. I do not want Gus to hand over the offense to Morris or any other assistant. Gus is a play caller, not a CEO. His worst years here were when the PTB talked/coerced him into trying to be a CEO. He's an offensive play caller, live or die with it.

I want to play Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl. That's a trip I'd make.

35 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I was referring to the whining after the six point win over Ol' Miss. I prefer Dilly as the OC, he's doing fine. I do not want Gus to hand over the offense to Morris or any other assistant. Gus is a play caller, not a CEO. His worst years here were when the PTB talked/coerced him into trying to be a CEO. He's an offensive play caller, live or die with it.

I want to play Notre Dame in the Orange Bowl. That's a trip I'd make.

It did not work BECAUSE  Gus half assed it and did not fully commit to giving up play calling. Those guys were just calling plays off of Malzahns playsheet in his SYSTEM! Rhett and Chip are running totally different systems now that they are not forced to run what Gus wants to do. You are telling me you do not want to look like how Clemson looked like when Chad Morris had it HUMMING with Tahj Boyd there with Sammie Watkins and Nuke Hopkins?! We would win 10-11 games every year with our talent.

That is the thing. What Gus does best is be a CEO Head Coach. He is really good at it. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

What Gus does best is be a CEO Head Coach. He is really good at it. 

Most offensive head coaches design and call their own plays. That's why they get hired. Most defensive head coaches design and call their own defensive sets and theories. That's why they get hired. From Spurrier to Jimbo to Tuberville to Saban and the years in between, a head coach constantly "meddles" in the side of the ball he grew up with. If he doesn't, he's not doing what he is being paid to do.

Archived