2022 3* RB Quinshon Judkins (Ole Miss: 9/29/31)

ellitor

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Mine are *always* wrong, but I keep making them because it's fun. 

I will always argue that neither matters too much unless you're getting more of one or the other than you are four stars. 

You are correct 3*, 4*, 5* doesn't always matter when looking at a single player because you have a few 3*s that shine, and a few 5*s that turn out to be busts, but it matters a lot across a whole class because most 3*s end up being 3*s, 4*s being 4*s, and 5*s being 5*s.

• Like 4

I said this a month or two ago:

I think the best thing about a 5* or 4* is that it attracts other recruits.   The talent will develop with great coaching, regardless of your ranking.  Yes the ranking indicates other things such as potential, but at the end of the day - they help you recruit others.

As for Pike Road...well I got married in a small church in Pike Road about 31 yrs ago.   The kids there went to Robert E Lee HS during that era. 

And yeah - his name is right out of Kane and Peel.  

I have nothing to add about Mr. Judkins....I believe that the comedy duo is (Keegan-Michael)Key and (Jordan) Peele though

Edited by fredst
  • Thanks 1

Actually I’ll add this....I think Mr. Judkins looks like a stud , I don’t care his level of competition. And, I’ve heard he loves Key and Peele, especially the original substitute teacher skit! WWWWWOOOOOO!!!!!!!! LFG!!!!!! 

• Love 1

Running back MVP at Under Armour All American Camp for 2022 recruits in Alpharetta, Georgia!!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

SIAP but I trust I'm not the only one who reads his name in the Leeroy Jenkins voice.

I didn't but definitely do now!

He's a good back. I think he might squeeze into a 4* before it's all said and done.

With us having Tank one more year we don't have to get a huge 5* type back in this class but I do think we need a full court press on a stud in 2023.

33 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I didn't but definitely do now!

He's a good back. I think he might squeeze into a 4* before it's all said and done.

With us having Tank one more year we don't have to get a huge 5* type back in this class but I do think we need a full court press on a stud in 2023.

Personally I think we need a franchise RB in every class. Just such an injury prone position and we really need to be able to roll two quality guys in today's game IMO. Our rivals are stacking guys and putting them all in the league, although Clemson and LSU seem to have had good luck with just one premiere back at a time. 

As for the '22 class specifically, Worm and Barrett are likely gone next year, which leaves Tank, Hunter and whoever we sign in the class. We need at least 2 guys and one of them needs to be a high 4* type guy, IMO. We need an RB2 that is RB1 quality and having that guy with a season already under his belt in '23 would be ideal. 

Granted, I'm a bit chicken little after so many big games the last 5 years with RB1 or even RB2 unavailable with a significant dropoff to the next guy.  

• Thanks 1

Btw  @Zeek I don't mean to say that this guy can't be the stud RB we need. I agree with you that he might be that kind of player. But if he's not, we need one in the '22 class who is IMO.

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Personally I think we need a franchise RB in every class.

Couldn’t agree more. That should be the mindset for every position every year. Thats how the big dogs stay big. 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

SIAP but I trust I'm not the only one who reads his name in the Leeroy Jenkins voice.

I say his name in that voice whenever I need a pick me up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I say his name in that voice whenever I need a pick me up.

It really does work.

The last tiny little island we cross before getting home is called Jenkins Island. Every once in awhile I have occasion to tell McWifey that I am approaching, am on, or have just crossed "JANKINNNNNS ISSSSSLUUUUUUUUUUUUUND" on the phone and every time she's just like wth is wrong with you. I always have to remind her what the reference is and that always makes her think I'm even dumber. But I make me laugh, so joke's on her. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I see this in our favor if I am right.  With PSU landing Allen, this should open the door back up for us with him. Am I correct with the analysis? Appreciate feedback folks!

WDE!  Doc

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I see this in our favor if I am right.  With PSU landing Allen, this should open the door back up for us with him. Am I correct with the analysis? Appreciate feedback folks!

WDE!  Doc

It can't hurt us Doc and I believe it will help us with reeling in Judkins, it might still depend on how many quality returning backs Auburn and Penn State will appear to have coming back next year. 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

WDE!  Doc

As far as I can surmise, we are getting Damari Alston on 7/25, who is a solid back. Judkins seems like a question mark at this point. 

I’m pretty sure we’re going to take two running backs this time. Still anyone’s guess who they’ll be.

Isn't Judkins the highest RB on the staff's board? At least realistically since Hampton or Citizen ever seemed like real options. I always figured that we were running behind for Alston until recently because we weren't pushing for him as hard as Judkins. Getting this guy would be huge. Him and Alston are a great haul for Caddy this year. Go after a 5 star type guy next year to replace Tank if they want. I'd have to believe we at least have a good chance with Judkins as hard as we've recruited him

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

WDE!  Doc

Yes it's good for us. Down to us and UF really

11 hours ago, cbo said:

As far as I can surmise, we are getting Damari Alston on 7/25, who is a solid back. Judkins seems like a question mark at this point. 

We're taking 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I’m pretty sure we’re going to take two running backs this time. Still anyone’s guess who they’ll be.

Correct. Alston and Judkins is my guess. Haven't heard any other names (Hampton is a lock to UNC and Citizen a lock to LSU)

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

WDE!  Doc

2A405ABD-BB87-4B94-828A-46523886C619.gif

On 7/17/2021 at 8:45 AM, toddc said:

I'd be shocked if it was anyone other than Judkins and Alston.  Is there even another RB out there with mutual interest?

If we could get both Alston & Judkins, we would have likely the best group recruited in the SEC for 2022. Does anyone know of  anything concerning this ?  Thanks!  Doc

18 hours ago, doc4aday said:

If we could get both Alston & Judkins, we would have likely the best group recruited in the SEC for 2022. Does anyone know of  anything concerning this ?  Thanks!  Doc

Hmmm.   The turds have two of the nation's top 6.    thUGA is in the hunt for a couple of good ones also.  How does OU land two of the nations top backs again?  I have no idea. 

I would absolutely be ecstatic if we land Alston and Judkins to be honest and good to see you back on here.