2022 3* RB Quinshon Judkins (Ole Miss: 9/29/31)

ellitor

I sincerely hope we DO reel this guy in, because he looks like he's underrated to me.

However, re: bringing in a 5* to replace Tank in the 2023 class, I have to say that I'm actually not all that concerned about exactly how high the RB is rated; if he qualifies as a 4 star, then he has either bellcow or game-changer ability. Tre Mason was #262 nationally, and he had one of the best seasons for a running back ever at Auburn, which everyone here knows is a huge deal. Granted, he was ridden harder than he should have been, IMO, and I think that affected his pro career, but he was a beast.

Obviously, not every 4 star will turn out that great (witness Devan Barrett), but as long as we're getting one or two guys who are around 4 stars in each class, we'll be alright. Naturally, you want the guy the coaches think the most of, and there are the Tank types out there who are the exception to the rule, but as far as I'm concerned, if you've got the hosses up front, then RB is plug and play. Given the injury-prone nature of the position, it's hard to say that one 5 star talent with three 3 star talents backing him up is going to produce like four 4 star talents would.

**NOTE** When I say X star talent, I'm talking about how good they are on the field on Saturdays, not their recruiting ranking.

P.S. Back to my initial point, I think Judkins probably moves up to 4 stars, given the acclaim he got at that camp and the amount he is sure to dominate this fall. I might have to drive to Montgomery to see him play. Too bad he doesn't play my alma mater; we were 3A when I was in school, but they've moved up to 5A since then.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 7/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, Beaker said:

Hmmm.   The turds have two of the nation's top 6.    thUGA is in the hunt for a couple of good ones also.  How does OU land two of the nations top backs again?  I have no idea. 

I would absolutely be ecstatic if we land Alston and Judkins to be honest and good to see you back on here. 

Good to be back! 

On 7/19/2021 at 11:50 AM, Beaker said:

• 1 month later...

SIAP but Q was not & has not been a take for AU for a while. Staff is being very patient at RB now that we have Alston. My personal guess is we either wait for someone in the transfer portal or for someone to blow our socks off with their SR film a la Quez Hunter.

• Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2022 3* RB Quinshon Judkins (Ole Miss: 9/29/31)
3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I regret that I will have fewer opportunities to say his name in the Leroy Jenkins voice.

I mean... You still can but it just won't feel quite right.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...