2021 4* RB LJ Johnson

ellitor

just rewatched some of his highlights....man this kid is special.

Looks a lot like Ben Tate, when he played at Auburn.   Fast, but not gonna take a lot to the house.   Strong and absolutely could get penalized for "roughing the tackler,"  a lot, which will end some big drives.    Hahaha

Seriously, this guy is special.  Thinking he could get a little quicker, but not sure we have had a back this physical in a long time. 

With TAMU getting a recent slap on the wrist for 'cruiting violations, maybe we pluck one more out of Texas.

I would like this guy or the Baylor commit (WR). 

8 minutes ago, Beaker said:

just rewatched some of his highlights....man this kid is special.

Looks a lot like Ben Tate, when he played at Auburn.   Fast, but not gonna take a lot to the house.   Strong and absolutely could get penalized for "roughing the tackler,"  a lot, which will end some big drives.    Hahaha

I'd love it if you were right about the Ben Tate comparison. Also, I think maybe Ben was a little faster than you remember.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

You missed my sarcasm, so it's just a wash now. Never mind.🙂

Thought it was sarcasm. Still was curious what it meant. lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Runs a legit 4.42...

Whoa....I am wrong then.   Wow - he is a big guy.   I didn't think he looked that fast on film.  

Is he playing 5A or 6A maybe? 

11 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Whoa....I am wrong then.   Wow - he is a big guy.   I didn't think he looked that fast on film.  

Is he playing 5A or 6A maybe? 

6A

Hey  @bigbird  what is the latest on HS football for you guys down there?   I am here in Denton and hearing a lot of conflicting information.  

10 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Hey  @bigbird  what is the latest on HS football for you guys down there?   I am here in Denton and hearing a lot of conflicting information.  

The lower divisions are starting at a normal time and 5A and 6A are starting in late September...if at all. It's a hurry up and wait approach. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

The lower divisions are starting at a normal time and 5A and 6A are starting in late September...if at all. It's a hurry up and wait approach. 

When you say starting is that games or when you can start practicing? Also are you doing any testing of players and if so how often?

Edited by AuburnNTexas

24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

LJ has picked up 7 predictions for Texas combined from Rivals & 247 the past 2 days.

Damn they got the #1 RB Bijan Robinson in the ‘20 class not possibly getting Johnson? They stepping up their RB recruiting. I can’t even remember the last back they’ve put in the league 

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

Damn they got the #1 RB Bijan Robinson in the ‘20 class not possibly getting Johnson? They stepping up their RB recruiting. I can’t even remember the last back they’ve put in the league 

And making a run at 5* RB Camar Wheaton.

16 hours ago, Sizzle said:

D"onta Foreman, Jamaal Charles.  Texas's roster not that deep right at RB right now, so that helps.

54 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

D"onta Foreman, Jamaal Charles.  Texas's roster not that deep right at RB right now, so that helps.

Jamaal was in college like 15 years ago. Recruiting is a “what have you done lately” type of thing. But you’re right about Foreman I forgot about him

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Was LJ the only other RB Auburn had offered besides the one that already committed?

@auburn4ever He's the only other one who has a committable offer to this point.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:28 PM, Sizzle said:

The native snake oil salesmen are getting restless in Austin. They are dropping some serious bags this class. They got a crystal ball recently for the 5 star DB from North Shore in Houston who is a teammate of our QB commit DD.

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The native snake oil salesmen are getting restless in Austin. They are dropping some serious bags this class. They got a crystal ball recently for the 5 star DB from North Shore in Houston who is a teammate of our QB commit DD.

Yep and they just got the #1 overall player in next years class too. So they definitely got something spooky going on over there

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...