One Less Die Hard Tiger

Zeek

My mom passed away this morning 8:15 central time. As I've shared before she was battling stage 4 cancer (her second bout with the cruel and evil disease).

She was one of the truest Auburn fans I've ever known. Growing up she taught me and my three brothers what it meant to be an Auburn fan. Heartbreaking lows and euphoric highs. She had always told us not to become a fan unless we were willing to be there for our team no matter what.

One time, when I was a preteen, we drove a good distance to watch an Auburn game (one we for sure thought we should win). Needless to say we didn't play well and I was wanting to leave before the 4th quarter. She scolded me and reminded me "win lose or draw we stay until 0:00 so long as they're out their fighting for Auburn." We stayed, walked down towards the tunnel and cheered for the heartbroken players leaving the field.

She also believed that being an Auburn fan was an honor and came with some expectations. To be kind to visiting fans. To hold yourself to a higher standard understanding your actions and attitude reflected on the school and community she so loved.

In short, she believed in Auburn and loved it.

Thank you guys for the support. I'll be taking a break from social media (including this site) for a while. Love you guys and gals... war eagle.

So sorry for your loss, Zeek. Thanks so much for sharing that story. She sounds like my Dad when it comes being an Auburn fan. Prayers for you and your family.

@Zeek

I pray for you and your family.  I certainly felt a kinship with your Mom after you told us about her. 

I am sorry brother, as I can only imagine your sadness in missing her and I pray that peace and joy finds you and your family soon.  Our faith keeps my family & me going and I hope you too will find some comfort in this:

Isaiah 40:31 NKJV

"But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint."

God bless brother!

Oh, Zeek...when I saw your subject line...😢. Covering you and your sweet family with prayers right now. The only thing I will say besides that is that our two never knew my dad on earth...but believe me, God will show you countless ways to keep her right there with you when your little ones come along and as they grow up. Psalm 147:3. I am unspeakably sorry for your loss. It's a big one. ❤🌍🦋🙏

So sorry for your loss @Zeek. Prayers for God's comfort and peace over you and your family. I know from recent experience that it's difficult to lose a parent so I know what you're experiencing. There is a certain special and spiritual comfort in knowing that they aren't suffering any longer and that we will see them again. God bless you and know that your AU family has you in our thoughts. Glad you have such a wonderful memory of that game with her. 

Sounds like your Mother was a wonderful person who set an example of what an Auburn fan should be both to her family and to the rest of us by her actions. Sorry for your loss and know you and your family have my prayers.

So sad to hear of her passing, Z. I wish I could offer more than my prayers for peace and comfort. Mom's and their sons, it just a different kind of special. Rest in the comfort of the love she surrounded you with. With much love, my friend.

So sorry for your loss. I have lost both of my parents in the past 5 years and (it’s hard to describe the void to folks) I understand. Hope you find comfort in your memories of her. Blessings to you and your family. Psalm 121 

Zeek, I am so sorry over your mother passing away. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers, thoughts and heart. I know how hard it is to lose a parent. I lost my dad in Nov. of 2011 and then lost my mom on Sept. of 2012. You are not going through this time alone. The Lord is right there with you and your family. GOD bless you.

Archived