One Less Die Hard Tiger

Zeek

So sorry for your lost Zeek. Southern Mom's and their boys have a special relationship. I've stated before but my Mom passed away on my birthday as did my brother. I look as that day as being special for me in more ways then one. 

i knew your passion for auburn ball on the first aufam game thread i joined. looks like your mother taught you well. i am sorry for your loss.

23 hours ago, Zeek said:

My mom passed away this morning 8:15 central time. As I've shared before she was battling stage 4 cancer (her second bout with the cruel and evil disease).

She was one of the truest Auburn fans I've ever known. Growing up she taught me and my three brothers what it meant to be an Auburn fan. Heartbreaking lows and euphoric highs. She had always told us not to become a fan unless we were willing to be there for our team no matter what.

One time, when I was a preteen, we drove a good distance to watch an Auburn game (one we for sure thought we should win). Needless to say we didn't play well and I was wanting to leave before the 4th quarter. She scolded me and reminded me "win lose or draw we stay until 0:00 so long as they're out their fighting for Auburn." We stayed, walked down towards the tunnel and cheered for the heartbroken players leaving the field.

She also believed that being an Auburn fan was an honor and came with some expectations. To be kind to visiting fans. To hold yourself to a higher standard understanding your actions and attitude reflected on the school and community she so loved.

In short, she believed in Auburn and loved it.

Thank you guys for the support. I'll be taking a break from social media (including this site) for a while. Love you guys and gals... war eagle.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom, Zeek.  I lost my father in 2018, so I know the hurt that you feel for losing a parent. It's great that you have a treasure trove full of sweet memories of her; they will sustain you during those difficult emotional days that you WILL have. Each time I cry when thinking of Daddy flushes out a lot of pain, because the memories, although they bring the tears, they also remind us of the love that was shared.

Prayers for you and your family.

On 9/2/2020 at 12:33 PM, Zeek said:

My mom passed away this morning 8:15 central time. As I've shared before she was battling stage 4 cancer (her second bout with the cruel and evil disease).

She was one of the truest Auburn fans I've ever known. Growing up she taught me and my three brothers what it meant to be an Auburn fan. Heartbreaking lows and euphoric highs. She had always told us not to become a fan unless we were willing to be there for our team no matter what.

One time, when I was a preteen, we drove a good distance to watch an Auburn game (one we for sure thought we should win). Needless to say we didn't play well and I was wanting to leave before the 4th quarter. She scolded me and reminded me "win lose or draw we stay until 0:00 so long as they're out their fighting for Auburn." We stayed, walked down towards the tunnel and cheered for the heartbroken players leaving the field.

She also believed that being an Auburn fan was an honor and came with some expectations. To be kind to visiting fans. To hold yourself to a higher standard understanding your actions and attitude reflected on the school and community she so loved.

In short, she believed in Auburn and loved it.

Thank you guys for the support. I'll be taking a break from social media (including this site) for a while. Love you guys and gals... war eagle.

I lost my father on Aug. 2nd so I know the pain of losing a parent. I am hear for you if you need anything. Just PM me. God lift this family up in their time of need. Give them the strength to come together as a family and to celebrate the life that was lifted to you. Let them be there for one another and guide them through these difficult times. We know that there is one more Angel with you today wearing Orange and Blue. Help us to love one another as Jesus so loves us all. 

So sorry for your loss.  I too am blessed to have an Auburn mother.  She graduated from Auburn (then API) in 1949.  In the last 40 years, she's only missed two Auburn home games.  We talk a lot about Auburn men a lot here, but thank God for Auburn women.  Got your family in my prayers.

I am so sorry about your mom. I am thinking of all the wonderful things that she left you with and how you will carry them with you for the rest of your life. I've lost both my parents, and it is a difficult thing, but I lean heavily on God, and realize how truly blessed I was to have the parents that I have and to have been born into an Auburn family. Your mom sounds an awful lot like my mom. Such a blessing. May God be with you and all of your family and give you peace and comfort. May you feel your mom's presence in all the things around you. Big virtual hugs from me in Georgia. ❤️

Archived