Vaccination

AURex

What are your thoughts on getting vaccinated ASAP?

This is not a political question. It's a personal question.

Wifey and I have finally gotten scheduled for our jabs next Friday. We are ready.

But my brother has been putting it off, and getting shots in Alabama is not so easy.

What are your thoughts on this? Please not political. What do you prefer to do?

Getting mine Monday 

Getting my 2nd Pfizer shot on Good Friday.  Wifey getting first today.  I feel the only way we will feel comfortable spending time with people is if we and they are vaccinated. Still frustrated that nothing good for the kids yet.  I know stats say most will not be severe, but literally nobody knows how it will effect individuals.  My wife and daughter fall under high risk categories so at least the shot has a near 100%effectiveness against life threatening versions of covid.  I was nervous about the allergic reaction but saw how many people are walking out of testing site fine.  Eased my mind some.  After that hour was done I felt a lot better and feel better about getting the 2nd one. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AURex said:

But my brother has been putting it off, and getting shots in Alabama is not so easy.

You aren't kidding.  Here in Kentucky, the worst part was getting an appt before they are gone but it was an online registration.  It won't let you schedule unless you can schedule the 2nd dose as well.  Only had issues when computer glitch wasn't showing the 2nd dose available which wouldn't let you proceed.  I heard in Alabama, you have to basically wait until someone calls to schedule you?  I hate having to rely on others for something like that.  

My wife and I got the Janssen vaccine two weeks ago.  Zero side effects.  Robust protection today and substantial protection in two more weeks.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2021 at 11:13 PM, AURex said:

and getting shots in Alabama is not so easy.

Been easy in Lee County Alabama. On line appointment. Up Wednesday for my first. Had COVID at Christmas and my Doctor was able to set me up for the infusion. Had to wait 90 days after for the vaccine.

I'm waiting until May at the minimum, and if I do get one, it's going to be the one-shot version. I'm not anti-vaccines, but I have never been an "early adopter" and don't feel obligated to get one right now.

Formal FDA approval instead of just an EUA would move the needle, pun semi-intended.

I am not real high risk physically (early 50s, not obese or vitamin D deficient, have never been sickly) and don't interact with large numbers of people in a confined area for extended periods of time, so not worried about work, either.

All of that adds up to "watch and wait" for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In my area if MS I got an online appointment last Tuesday at Kroger. Got the Pfizer vaccine and go back on the 6th to get the booster. My wife got the Moderna about two weeks ago and she had no side effects other than soreness in her arm. I had a little fuzziness about 3 hours after and I'm thinking it wAs because it was warm out and I was sitting eating lunch in my truck. Once I went back into work in the AC I felt fine in about 15 minutes. No effects since. 

Still going to mask for some time until the numbers drop quite a bit. I see zero reason to not get the vaccine but I also see zero reason to tempt fate as it were...wear a mask in public.

• Like 3

Not to scare y'all but I'm about 27 hours removed from the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine and it is kicking my ass today. First shot on the second was no problem. A little very minor injection site pain. Dose 2, I'm nursing a 101° fever, aching like hell and have a dull headache that won't go away. Worse than my usual poor reaction to the flu vaccine.

• Like 1

Feel like a million bucks today. Fever snapped abruptly last night and I woke up today feeling great.

Intense reaction though.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 6

I'm scared to get a vaccine because of the new technology used and not knowing what it does to body short and long term. I really hate being on the fence with this, regardless of Krispy Kreme's donut offer.

Getting my final on Friday. But supposedly I already have about 80% protection already based on new study. Time to bump it to 94. LOL 

I live in Georgia and will get one as soon as it is available somewhere near me now that everyone 16 and older may receive one (I am 30).  All of my family has it already with no issues.

Got 2nd round Pfizer today around 10am, no soreness for a while. Now, about 3.5 hours later it feels like my arm got hit with a baseball bat. It’s definitely more sore than the first round. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Got 2nd round Pfizer today around 10am, no soreness for a while. Now, about 3.5 hours later it feels like my arm got hit with a baseball bat. It’s definitely more sore than the first round. 

Mine was more sore after #2 also but not as bad as yours seems to be. Other than that and little tired next day I had no after effects. I'm still not going to go hog wild and ignore common sense yet.

• Like 1

Well, wifey and I got our first jab last Friday. The shot itself was absolutely painless. I didn't even feel it. Much different from a flu shot. I experienced a little soreness in my arm that night for a few hours, but then nothing. Wifey developed COVID arm -- entire arm painful to use, but it went away in a couple of days. But she still has some tenderness at the spot of the injection.

My brother got his jab the day before we did. He said he felt a little fuzzy-headed that evening, but no other effect.

He had the Pfizer. We got the Moderna.

For 2nd shot, are you jabbing the same arm or switching? 

23 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

For 2nd shot, are you jabbing the same arm or switching? 

Same arm. I drove through the vaccination station while my wife rode shotgun both times.

I got my second Moderna shot four weeks ago. No reaction or problem with either dose. It was a hassle in Alabama, something odd was/is going on. Nonetheless, if you stay after it, you can get scheduled. A friend just got scheduled at WalMart. He said they re-set their computers at midnight so if you sign on to the WalMart site a little after midnight you usually have your choice of time and date.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Same arm. I drove through the vaccination station while my wife rode shotgun both times.

That’s how we did it too. We had 2 different appointment times and the volunteers couldn’t care less. 

Definitely feel like crap today. Went to bed at 8:30 last night. Sensitive skin, chills, exhausted. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That’s how we did it too. We had 2 different appointment times and the volunteers couldn’t care less. 

Definitely feel like crap today. Went to bed at 8:30 last night. Sensitive skin, chills, exhausted. 

It'll be brief if you're anything like me. Reaction was intense for about 36 hours but woke up feeling great the 2nd day after getting it.

My wife reacted to both doses with nothing but arm pain. Just hits everyone differently.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2