Vaccination

AURex

Only one in our household not vaxxed now is our 4 year old, for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

Moderna?

Pfizer, though you can mix and match. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I'm fully Pfizered. Not getting anymore. I'm taking prophylaxis instead. Keep me posted on how those boosters are working for you.

It was pretty funny how hard it hit me. Wife thought I was just doing the "man-cold" thing while I was spiking the fever before we went to bed since I was only at around 99.4. 

We got in bed and ate those words real quick lol. Thermometers read low on me and I was blazing hot. If I'm above 99, I'm feverish. 

54 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder said:

I'm not mix matching. I'll probably stick to Pfizer if I decide to get a booster.

https://anandamide.substack.com/p/differences-in-vaccine-and-sars-cov

If I had Johnson or probably even Moderna,  I'd consider the Pfizer as a mix, because of the history of less side effects.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2021 at 7:20 AM, AUBwins said:

I just got the Pfizer booster yesterday.  Took a bit longer to feel the arm, and felt a little under the weather for bed last night.  Just woke up, sore,stiff arm and a bit of a headache.  Wifey goes to get the booster today.  My 12 year old has both shots already.  6 year old will get #1 in the next couple of weeks, once we can get a pediatrician appt. All Pfizer for us. 

I had headaches for about a month post second dose. I wonder why, and I found out why.

Getting the Pfizer booster today.

Wife got it a couple weeks back, no side effects. Neither of us had side effects from the first two rounds, other than just a bit of lethargy.

7 yr old is single vaxxed and tested positive soon after school started back in the fall.

3 yr old obviously isn't vaxxed but tested positive soon after the 7 yr old did. 

We'll be as vaxxed and antibodied as possible pretty soon. 

Pfizer booster Friday afternoon. Ok most of Saturday. Felt a little bad Saturday night/Sunday morning. Feel awful this morning. Chills, etc…hopefully due in part to a rainy day and that the wife wants me to help with Christmas decorations. Laying in recliner moaning and watching television is better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 6 year old got first Vax last Friday at a 5-11 drive.  Only some arm soreness for a day but back to crazy self afterwards.  Very encouraged to see so many at the clinic getting it. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Covid 13 months ago. No vax. Son(16) Covid September(delta?) November wife got vaxed cause she works for federal contractor. She got Covid 2 weeks ago and sicker than either of us. Then daughter(13)had sore throat and tested positive. Per work policy I had to quarantine 5 days and be tested 10 days. Skin was feeling achy..then rash down left arm. Then my 4th test popped positive. No symptoms other than achy rash. I went to Dr today because I have SHINGLES! I will come back in a couple months and tell you all about the Shingrix vaccine. Believe me, you don’t want this s***! 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Covid 13 months ago. No vax. Son(16) Covid September(delta?) November wife got vaxed cause she works for federal contractor. She got Covid 2 weeks ago and sicker than either of us. Then daughter(13)had sore throat and tested positive. Per work policy I had to quarantine 5 days and be tested 10 days. Skin was feeling achy..then rash down left arm. Then my 4th test popped positive. No symptoms other than achy rash. I went to Dr today because I have SHINGLES! I will come back in a couple months and tell you all about the Shingrix vaccine. Believe me, you don’t want this s***! 

Shingles are a nasty, painful bitch, as you are well aware. Shingrix is on the docket for this year for me...that's the next shot I'm getting.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Missed it by months! Waited too long and ended up getting it. 🙄

Hope it's not as bad as you anticipate...damn. 🤕

26 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Hope it's not as bad as you anticipate...damn. 🤕

It was moderate from the pics I've seen.  Almost healed now. Very uncomfortable for about a week.

Couple of rough days when the blistering was at its peak. If you do get it, make sure to get to the doctor and get an anti-viral. Such an odd phenomenon. It follows nerve paths, and only on one side of the body. Luckily mine was confined to C2-C4 and did not affect the face or eyes. 

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 1:28 PM, japantiger said:

10 months since the last post here....Does anyone trust the US Public Health Intelligentsia anymore?

No, not a bit. However, my degree from Auburn is in the biological field and I spent seven years after graduation at AU doing animal health research. I know very well what vaccines will and won't do.

Thus, I've had both initial  COVID shots plus a booster in October of '21 and another in October of '22. All Moderna. No side effects and also no COVID.

In my immediate family of eight people my wife and I are the only two to be vaccinated. We are also the only two who haven't been very, very sick with COVID. Small sample, I know but.....

Wifey and I got our latest Moderna booster a couple of weeks ago. Neither of us had any adverse symptoms other than some soreness in the arm.

The reason we did was because those vaccinated have much less severe symptoms if they do contract COVID, and unvaccinated people are hospitalized and die at a much higher rate.

Since we are in that "seniors" category, we get our vaccinations -- flu, shingles, pneumonia, and COVID. If we were younger or had kids around, that would also include mumps, because DAMMM, mumps as an adult! No thank you!

Unfortunately, this subject has become a magnet for conspiracy theories, pseudoscience and quackery, and political posturing.  I'm cleaning this up giving everyone fair warning that AUF will not be another megaphone or any of these things related to covid or covid vaccines.  There's a whole big internet out there for people to indulge that nonsense.  This won't be one of them.

• Facepalm 1